Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Austin & Paynter  (Read 18554 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 16:59:40 »

I think the contingency plans for not going up will be coming together already.  Even after our recent run, our chances of promotion are still probably no more than 1 in 3 (whether via automatic promotion or the play offs).  As we learned when Parkin moved on, and Cox...the club moved on.  I'm not concerned.  I'm not even convinced either player would move on anyway.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 17:04:13 »

Surely it will come down to whether someone offers what Fitton thinks is a fair price for Austin, I'm not convinced that £2m will be enough this summer. Austin isn't near his best yet and we've got him under contract for at least two more seasons so we can wait for the right money.

Hopefully it won't matter though, if we're in the Championship then Austin will be going nowhere. If he has a decent 20 goal plus season in the Championship he'll be worth a shit load more than £2m.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 17:05:55 »

Exactly right jonny, which is why I'd be disappointed to see him let go even if we don't go up, at least until we'd had another decent tilt at promotion next season
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 17:09:34 »

We shouldn't be getting rid of any of our first team sqaud.

They are doing fantastic right now.

We won't cash in on Austin. Part of the reason we cashed in on Cox was the fact he only had a year left on his contract so his value was always likely to decrease.

Austins value hasn't peaked yet.
nochee

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 17:13:42 »

I think that Austin will stay and Paynter would be the one to go. Paynter may be thinking that he is better than he is where as Austin might still be quite level headed and understand that he could do with another season at this level to improve.

But what do i know
Barry Scott

« Reply #20 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 17:20:18 »

If Paynter goes, i wonder whether we could get Cox on loan for the season if we made the Championship? Imagine a cox and Austin Partnership... Dreamy. Smiley
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 17:32:30 »

I don't think either will leave.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 17:34:32 »

I doubt Paynter really wants to leave, he just wants a pay day. With the season he's having and being out of contract in the summer there will be other League One clubs lining up to give him what he wants and make him their highest paid player. So it's just a question of whether Fitton can come up with a number big enough to keep him here.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #23 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 17:36:26 »

If Paynter goes, i wonder whether we could get Cox on loan for the season if we made the Championship? Imagine a cox and Austin Partnership... Dreamy. Smiley
Wouldn't suprise me at all
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 17:37:17 »

Wouldn't suprise me at all

Fuck off

It's All Good..............

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 17:44:42 »

austin aint worth 2 mill.infact not even half that(yet)
paynter i think is worth around £750,000.remember clubs aint paying top dollar at the moment.

that said,we all know strikers are the most sought after players, and those 2 score goals.
if someone dangles a big enough carrot they'll both fuck off.
getting promoted would mean neither would need to move, as both are championship players at best.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #26 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 17:59:47 »

Singing don't worry, about a Ting..............
pride_of_wilts

« Reply #27 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 18:08:00 »

Austin has more potential than Cox in my opinion and i don't think Fitton would sell for less than £2.5m at the very least, Still don't think we will sell him for at least another year anyway.

As for Paynter i'm not sure, Hopefully he will sign, If we go up he will definitely stay and hopefully we might get Ferry, Ward and Sheehan too.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 18:26:50 »

It would make total sense for Austin to stay with Swindon for at least one more season, he is learning his trade with an excellent coaching staff, and getting national recognition at the same time.  Anyway, as pointed out, who's got the dosh these days?

Billy Paynter has shown a lot of promise in the past, but has never shone before like he has done this season.  Would Cox have got all those goals without Billy's unselfish play, I doubt it.  Could he repeat this season's form in an average Championship team I am not so sure.  Strikers need to be provided with the ball.  The signing of Pericard suggested to me that Billy wasn't a dead cert to sign on again, but if we do manage promotion, I expect Billy not to go anywhere but Swindon. 
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 19:20:48 »

austin aint worth 2 mill.infact not even half that(yet)
paynter i think is worth around £750,000.remember clubs aint paying top dollar at the moment.

that said,we all know strikers are the most sought after players, and those 2 score goals.
if someone dangles a big enough carrot they'll both fuck off.
getting promoted would mean neither would need to move, as both are championship players at best.

Paynter is out of contract...we'll get zip, he'll get a fat signing on fee. Austin has 2 years left, so any buying club would have to pay big in order for us to sell...hence I'd have thought 2 mill would be about right....Cox 1.9 mill.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: