Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Austin & Paynter  (Read 18553 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 13:50:58 »

Now have a combined 41 goals for the season in all competitions and 38 for the league.

Parkin & Mooney got 43 in all competitions, with 39 in the league.

The thing is, Austin's only been here half a season!

Before that, you have to go back to 89/90 when Shearer & White got 54 in all competitions with 41 in the league.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 14:10:07 »

Thank fuck we didn't sign Lee Trundle in August....

Think Austin and Paynter are a genuine partnership. Sat close to the pitch yesterday than usual, I noticed how much physical stick that Billy takes and the workrate him and Charlie get through. Nice cameo from Nouble as well when the game was opening up at the end for us and really put the wind up Leeds.

Chalky and Deadly Dunc worked independently of each other in a side that created so many chances they scored goals for fun. Parkin and Mooney were big, robust strikers and I felt that Mooney played a great role at the start of 2003/4 in creating a promotion mentality but he faded badly after Christmas. Parkin's record has to be respected as he had 4 consectutive 20 goal seasons.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 14:14:14 »

if we dont go up i think we'll lose them both
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 14:24:58 »

if we dont go up i think we'll lose them both

Although I agree, your cup is never half full is it mate?

I have never seen them play of course but see them as the ideal partnership:

A physically strong, intelligent player who is a fantastic team player along side a another hard worker who is a predator with a natural instinct.

Either way.

I fucking love them both.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 15:35:42 »

eh? i just think they will get snapped up if we fail to go up.fuck all to do with glass half full or empty.
just how football is.
they are both ace, so like it or not will be sought after
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 15:38:50 by arriba » Logged
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 15:56:48 »

if we dont go up i think paynter may leave but i cant see them letting austin go for any less than 3m and whos says they want to leave anyway there having a great season and enjoying there time here surely they dont want to break up the partnership.

paynter knows what its like to go to another club and do fuck all, i think hes going to be thinking long and hard about what he wants to do.
dell boy

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 16:42:47 »

if we dont go up i think paynter may leave but i cant see them letting austin go for any less than 3m and whos says they want to leave anyway there having a great season and enjoying there time here surely they dont want to break up the partnership.

paynter knows what its like to go to another club and do fuck all, i think hes going to be thinking long and hard about what he wants to do.

If we dont go up, I can see the club cashing in on Austin tbh. Why shouldn't they.
We received a great price for Coxy, certainly wouldn't be worth the same money at the end of this season, he has not moved on as a player unfortunately
I've said before and shot down in flames, but I honestly think Paynter is a good Division One striker, not sure he would benefit any club in a higher division.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 16:45:06 »

We need to keep hold of Austin. He is key to getting us into the Championship be it this season or next.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 16:46:47 »

We need to keep both if at all possible. As I keep saying, you break that partnership up at your peril
nochee

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 16:46:53 »

If we dont go up, I can see the club cashing in on Austin tbh. Why shouldn't they.
We received a great price for Coxy, certainly wouldn't be worth the same money at the end of this season, he has not moved on as a player unfortunately
I've said before and shot down in flames, but I honestly think Paynter is a good Division One striker, not sure he would benefit any club in a higher division.

Because when we sold Cox we struggled for goals...until Austin, of course. Sell him and we are back to square 1, surely?
dell boy

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 16:48:55 »

Because when we sold Cox we struggled for goals...until Austin, of course. Sell him and we are back to square 1, surely?
If we dont go up, we need to balance our books, what is the most saleable item at the club? Austin, what was the most saleable item last season? Cox.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 16:51:17 »

If a Championship club offer say 2 mill for Austin, he'll be sold.
nochee

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 16:53:17 »

We could make a tidy profit on Austin, i agree! But he would need replacing and i cant see us finding another one like him. Would we really need the cash that badly if we were to stay in League 1?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 16:53:28 »

If a Championship club offer say 2 mill for Austin, he'll be sold.
Not if we're a Championship club. That's our best hope of ensuring the partnership stays together, so another reason to hope for a top two finish, a play-off hangover next season could be painful
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, April 4, 2010, 16:54:28 »

and square 1 before led to Austin, so it's not impossible that we could do the same again. If the club are given an offer they can't refuse, they will sell him. It's the inevitable truth of a club in our position

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: