Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: southend united v swindon town official matchday thread  (Read 40599 times)
stfcinbmth

« Reply #405 on: Saturday, January 30, 2010, 18:39:11 »

@leefer Brock beat Christchurch 2-1 Friday night
Rich Pullen

« Reply #406 on: Saturday, January 30, 2010, 19:09:35 »

A stark reminder that were cannot rely on our ideal XI. Strengthen and we shall make it to the ball... Maybe Smiley
dphunt88

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Saturday, January 30, 2010, 19:19:44 »

Someone asked earlier how many yellow cards Gordon Greer has received this season.

By my reckoning he's only picked up four (Brentford away, Norwich home, Wrexham away and today at Southend).

However, the matchday programme for the Leeds game lists Greer as having four yellows, so today's yellow card would be his fifth if the programme is correct. Which game would Greer miss if the programme is correct? Charlton on Saturday or Oldham on Tuesday? No offense to Oldham but i hope it's Oldham!

Which would mean a return for Sean Morrison who's been very unlucky to be stuck behind two very consistent centre-halves for the majority of the season.

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Saturday, January 30, 2010, 19:45:03 »

He won't miss any, due to the time of the season it is now 8 or 10 before a suspension kicks in.  Believe that started on 1st Jan.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Saturday, January 30, 2010, 19:47:27 »

Just got back. A fantastic start, Southend were all over the place. We didn't look all that solid at the back but they didn't look threatening either bar the odd chance. When we passed the ball around we tore them apart but we failed to make the most of it. At half time the game was far from won. Unfortunately nobody told the players, and we came out completely devoid of urgency and desire. Paynter and JPM both put in good shifts today but most of the midfield went missing throughout the second half and our defending looked very suspect at times. Laurent was about the only decent player in their side - they weren't very good and this was definitely 2 points dropped.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Saturday, January 30, 2010, 19:47:47 »

I bet arriba is well happy tonight.
dphunt88

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Saturday, January 30, 2010, 19:59:41 »

He won't miss any, due to the time of the season it is now 8 or 10 before a suspension kicks in.  Believe that started on 1st Jan.

Thank you Ronnie21. Had a delve a little deeper and the discipline situation looks like this...

Jean-Francois 6 yellows
Greer 4 y
Timlin 4 y
Amankwaah 3 y
Douglas 3 y and 1 red
Morrison 2 y here and 1 red (at Yeovil for Southend)
Paynter 2 y
Cuthbert 2 y
Sheehan 2 y here
Lucas, McGovern, Ward, Ferry and Austin all on 1 y.

The improvement in discipline under Wilson has been a 'silent' highlight. We're never going to sing and dance about it but it really could benefit us in the long run.

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Saturday, January 30, 2010, 20:41:30 »

from the players reactions there second goal is well dodgy, couldnt see it from our end but phil smith was going fucking mental at the ref
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Saturday, January 30, 2010, 20:42:18 »

oh and me starting matchday threads still yet to have a loss Smiley
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Saturday, January 30, 2010, 20:56:47 »

Cheers nemo.
Been on, chasing targets, no names given, hopeful by Tuesday but he's always hopeful, so who knows. No interest in selling Cuthbert et al unless silly money is offered.

Dissapointed to lose the two points but not devastated, team a little tired from Leeds game.
I thought the transfer deadline was monday or am thinking of something else.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Saturday, January 30, 2010, 21:00:57 »

I thought the transfer deadline was monday or am thinking of something else.

I think that's right, extra day because 31st is a sunday.
Panda Paws

« Reply #416 on: Saturday, January 30, 2010, 21:04:02 »

Just got back, Definately two points dropped but we deserved all three without doubt. First half was superb, faultless. Second half we weathered an early storm and should have extended the lead, but Mildy made a couple of good saves.

To the two goals...In my opinion there is no doubt Smith was at fault for the first. Feel free to shoot me down but the freekick wasn't that good, he didnt even have to dive and the keeper should ensure that ball doesn't end up in the dangerzone. Tip it over, wide, anywhere! Lucas in goal and that doesn't happen for me.

Second goal came from a freekick that should have been given the other way for a foul on Ward, and JPM should have cleared his lines instead of shepperding the ball behind when 2-1 with 5 to go. Just clear your lines and reorganise.

Irrelevant of scoreline, it was a good performance. Would have taken a point at the start and although its disappointing to concede in the manner we did, we shouldnt let our heads drop over this, and four points from Oldham and Charlton and we'll still be in great shape!

Front two were superb, particularly Austin, who's overall game and workrate was superb. Also impressed with Cuthbert and Ward, but the full-backs are still the weak link in my eyes and we lack depth, Kev was injured for alot of the second half it seemed but we only had young Nathan Thompson who could fill in.

One final note, the handful who booed at the end are absolute tosspots. I went to Southend just over two years ago when we were on the brink of extinction, and the progress and effort by everyone deserved more than to get booed for a dodgy five minutes. We were still by far the better side.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Saturday, January 30, 2010, 21:07:45 »

People booed at the end? Fucking dicks.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Saturday, January 30, 2010, 21:14:59 »

Just back and will compose my thoughts. I can say though i didn't hear any booing? I was unfortunate enough to be near beardy fat bloke from the DRS who was moaning all 2nd half though, oh and how the fuck did we not win that?
Panda Paws

« Reply #419 on: Saturday, January 30, 2010, 21:35:33 »

Behind me, towards the back behind the goal, there were definately as few boos, but irrelevant. Today was far from a disaster, the performance was fine and we were unlucky/careless
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: