Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: southend united v swindon town official matchday thread  (Read 40452 times)
SCM

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Saturday, January 30, 2010, 21:36:08 »

Just got home.

I think Southend deserved that point. We got punished for thinking we could defend for 45 minutes, and rightly so.

First half we looked good, with Southend a shambles at the back. Danny Ward was causing hell down the left and the top two as per proved a handfull.

I knew we were in trouble as soon as the players came out for the second half, Southend players were geeing each other up while ours merely stood around waiting for the game to restart.

Ah well, another point on the board I guess, and it'll at least keep us grounded. We should have had that won by half time though.

Oh and a special mention to those twats who were shouting obscenities at Paynter when he applauded us at the end, don't bother going next time, we don't need fans like you. Pissed me off no end that did.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Saturday, January 30, 2010, 21:47:51 »

I didn't hear that either, we were cheering BP. I thought the support was excellent today, Southends however was appalling, quietest home fans i've ever heard. The only noise was that god awful amplified bontempi drum that randomly started up in an empty part of the ground. I'd be well embarrased if anything like that was at the CG. Been there before but only at night, and thought in cold light of day the ground was shocking, less said about catering and toilets the better. They did let me out for a half time fag though. The game, 1st half Brazil, 2nd half brassieres, not too down though, point on the board yadda yadda.

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Saturday, January 30, 2010, 21:56:34 »

just got in and i'm gutted at the result.i thought the perfomance overall was pretty good.we were by far the better side and in no way deserved to be robbed like that.2 scrappy goals and they fucking got out of jail the cunts.
charlie austin is fucking ace.not just a natural goal scorer but his link up play and chasing down was spot on.mom by a mile.
have to big up ltj leshinel too who had a very good game, especially first half where he was different gravy.got skinned a couple of times second half but so did a few of them.
i've said this before but we desprately lack goals from midfield.for all their hard work none of them can hit a cows arse with a banjo.best move of the match ended with ward hitting it near post with the goal begging.3 niland it would have been game over.that said, apart from infront of goal he was excellent.
greers lack of pace was a problem today and his silly foul after getting spun led to the first goal.
overall though we did well and football has a habit of dishing out what you dont deserve.southend is a shit hole,their fans are shit,and the staff at the ground are mutants.

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Saturday, January 30, 2010, 22:05:17 »

Just back and will compose my thoughts. I can say though i didn't hear any booing? I was unfortunate enough to be near beardy fat bloke from the DRS who was moaning all 2nd half though, oh and how the fuck did we not win that?

i was right next to that prick.he talks utter shit.i'm guessing we spoke to each other slating the bellend?
if it wasn't you, one you were with?
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 30, 2010, 22:07:04 by arriba » Logged

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Saturday, January 30, 2010, 22:09:45 »

I bet arriba is well happy tonight.
fuck off

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Saturday, January 30, 2010, 23:19:56 »

Just got home.

I think Southend deserved that point.

no they didn't 

I knew we were in trouble as soon as the players came out for the second half, Southend players were geeing each other up while ours merely stood around waiting for the game to restart.
what like when ward missed a good chance after a great move, and cuthbert hitting the bar?we could have been 4 up by then.yeah they made a game of it but come on we were not slouching.
fucking hell. if it was an 80 min game we'd all be raving about how dominant we were.
they got lucky. end of.
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 30, 2010, 23:21:35 by arriba » Logged
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Saturday, January 30, 2010, 23:23:32 »

Just got back.I spent most of the game slagging off Paynter and stroking by Beard, had a good "boo" at the end so a good day was had by all.

/
W56196272
westcountry

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Saturday, January 30, 2010, 23:34:04 »

Very dissapointed throwing this away. Was not bad atmosphere today, good to see. Still can't believe we threw that away though!!

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Saturday, January 30, 2010, 23:41:59 »

passed the site of the olympic stadium today on the train.it's gonna be some place when it's finished for sure.
SCM

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: Saturday, January 30, 2010, 23:45:16 »

what like when ward missed a good chance after a great move, and cuthbert hitting the bar?we could have been 4 up by then.yeah they made a game of it but come on we were not slouching.
fucking hell. if it was an 80 min game we'd all be raving about how dominant we were.
they got lucky. end of.

Fair point. We still sat back too much though. Every time we went forward our passing cut them to pieces, so why stop?

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: Saturday, January 30, 2010, 23:49:38 »

because they had a go at us second half.we had no choice.a team at home and 2-0 down is always gonna have to throw the kitchen sink at it.it was not a shock how they came out second half.
the positives by far outweigh the negatives.we still have a great chance of the play offs
Panda Paws

« Reply #431 on: Sunday, January 31, 2010, 01:11:28 »

Just watched the football league show, their first doesnt look over the line from the standard camera view!
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: Sunday, January 31, 2010, 02:15:34 »

Just watched the football league show, their first doesnt look over the line from the standard camera view!
thought so to but it we still lost 2 points hopefully will be 3 points against charlton. 10,000++ swindon fans hopefully
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: Sunday, January 31, 2010, 02:34:40 »

southend deserved a point

another point on the way to the playoffs

a bit of a fucker but our expectations are so much than they were in july, just got to cop it

need wardy for the rest of the season

considering hes our best player, douglas needs a song. even if its douglas for ireland for a bit...
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Sunday, January 31, 2010, 07:42:42 »

i was right next to that prick.he talks utter shit.i'm guessing we spoke to each other slating the bellend?
if it wasn't you, one you were with?

Yes was me, i really dont know why he goes, it cant be good for his blood pressure. Most of the moaning i hear was when we were 2-0 up! God knows what he was like at FT.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: