Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: southend united v swindon town official matchday thread  (Read 40443 times)

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Sunday, January 31, 2010, 20:58:55 »

was a bit strange why he was left on when clearly struggling.
thompson could have come on,or morrison could have with cuthbert shifting out right.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Sunday, January 31, 2010, 21:02:01 »

As good as Cuthbert has proved to be at CH, not sure i'd like him at RB too much after Gillingham! Saying that he was probably only 50% fit that day. In hindsight taking manks of would have been the better option.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Sunday, January 31, 2010, 23:54:09 »

could have said that in the leeds game when LJF got a size 12 in the face then went and set up the second goal.

if manky would have been taken off and brought on thompson and we still drew 2-2 we would be moaning about the substitution.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: Sunday, January 31, 2010, 23:55:06 »

Jumped around like a twat in a chippy in Buxton when the goal texts came through on text..... Cheesy

Then groaned out loud when the radio reported an equaliser...what a pisser. Crying

2nd goal - I thought Smith could of pushed it round meself....

Clems Army!
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: Monday, February 1, 2010, 00:44:39 »

I thought Smith was at fault on both the goals, especially the first, but to be fair the entire defence looked a shambles on both of them. Reminded me of last season with the defence turning to shit for the last 15 minutes.

I'm more concerned that we're not finishing teams off that are there for the taking. Leeds was a good example, sure it was a great performance and we won 3-0 but it should have been more than that. The same applies to a number of other games this season. Its not just about the dropped points from failing to kill of teams, our goal difference isn't very good either which could be important come the end of the season.

Austin and Paynter are being relied upon far too much for goals at present, the rest of the team should be chipping in as well and they're not. The midfield are especially to blame, they've scored just 6 league goals all season which is exactly the same as the defence.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Monday, February 1, 2010, 22:37:57 »

Still not convinced the ball crossed the line for their goal. Crying
If it did it was by a shrimps cock.
Talk Talk

« Reply #456 on: Monday, February 1, 2010, 23:10:16 »

Still not convinced the ball crossed the line for their goal. Crying
If it did it was by a shrimps cock.

Hey Banbers!

I thought you were dead.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2010, 15:05:42 »

I thought Smith was at fault on both the goals, especially the first, but to be fair the entire defence looked a shambles on both of them. Reminded me of last season with the defence turning to shit for the last 15 minutes.

I'm more concerned that we're not finishing teams off that are there for the taking. Leeds was a good example, sure it was a great performance and we won 3-0 but it should have been more than that. The same applies to a number of other games this season. Its not just about the dropped points from failing to kill of teams, our goal difference isn't very good either which could be important come the end of the season.

Austin and Paynter are being relied upon far too much for goals at present, the rest of the team should be chipping in as well and they're not. The midfield are especially to blame, they've scored just 6 league goals all season which is exactly the same as the defence.

So we should be winning every game 6-0 then.

Wilson, get on it!

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2010, 15:35:02 »

jonny is right about the midfields lack of goals.not smith being at fault though
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #459 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2010, 16:25:30 »

I think Danny Ward will get a few this year.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2010, 16:42:19 »

I've seen the goal highlights a few times, and I'm convinced their first 'goal' didn't cross the line.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #461 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2010, 16:56:03 »

There's a picture on the Southend site that proves it does.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2010, 19:36:07 »

There's a picture on the Southend site that proves it does.

http://www.southendunited.co.uk/page/Gallery/0,,10444~1950353,00.html

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
santasdead

« Reply #463 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2010, 19:47:16 »

All that proves is that the ball was in the vacinity of the goal.

At least the lino was in the right place though, so it probably was a goal.

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2010, 19:48:48 »

Doesn't really prove anything. The balls not fully over the line there and there's no indication of:-

a) how quickly Smith's hands, or the ball are moving
b) if that is Smith about to save it, or pushing it away.

Either away I'm gonna say we were cheated and that damn referee cost us two bloody points.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: