Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: John Terry  (Read 29833 times)
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Friday, February 5, 2010, 17:45:11 »

Rio captain? Fucking hell we may as well not fly to SA.
iffy

« Reply #196 on: Friday, February 5, 2010, 17:56:14 »

Rio captain? Fucking hell we may as well not fly to SA.

He'll probably forget to go.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Friday, February 5, 2010, 18:46:12 »

The Sun from December 4th last year

[url width=512 height=384]http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t289/ghanimah/terry.jpg[/url]
Headline reads "I've let my wife down, I've let my family down." - a headline about Tiger Woods. You couldn't make it up

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Spencer_White

« Reply #198 on: Sunday, February 7, 2010, 19:18:20 »

ITV had Capello's no comment as their top News story tonight.

What the fuck are they doing? Just leave the man alone. Complete non story, who writes their scripts? 13 year olds.

I hope John Terry feels ashamed watching Capello get hounded. His position was clearly untenable and he should have resigned for the good of the team and so that Capello didnt get hounded outside his house for weeks on end. Reporters looking for a comment when there is no comment to make! Media fuckwits.
Talk Talk

« Reply #199 on: Sunday, February 7, 2010, 20:28:21 »

I haven't been suffed to follow this non-story or read much of the thread.

From what I have, I agree with Paul D, anybody's personal life, no matter who they are or what they do, is their own and none of anybody else's business. If it affects their professional ability or integrity to do the job then that's their's to deal with and their manager's or supervisor's to take a view on. The England captain or someone who shifts boxes in a warehouse, it makes no difference.

A load of over hyped bollocks to sell media and continue the brainless distraction from the real world problems with 'celebrity'.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Sunday, February 7, 2010, 20:31:50 »

A load of over hyped bollocks to sell media and continue the brainless distraction from the real world problems with 'celebrity'.

Spot on. This shit on the front pages of all the tabs (and a few proper papers, I might add) is really getting on my nerves.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Sunday, February 7, 2010, 21:29:41 »

I haven't been suffed to follow this non-story or read much of the thread.

From what I have, I agree with Paul D, anybody's personal life, no matter who they are or what they do, is their own and none of anybody else's business. If it affects their professional ability or integrity to do the job then that's their's to deal with and their manager's or supervisor's to take a view on. The England captain or someone who shifts boxes in a warehouse, it makes no difference.

Course it makes a difference...anyone who thinks that is talking shite in my humble....the bloke is looked upon by millions of young people...they look up to him....are you saying that if for example he was a peado or that he knifed someone  his personal life shouldnt matter....course it would.
Are you saying Cappello is wrong?...he made the decision in 12 mins to fire him and thank fuck he did....if you dont like what the papers say fair enough...dont read it...Terry earns more in a month than some do in a lifetime,thats just for Chelsea....great footballer yes,but in todays world box packing and great footballers are worlds apart...and to say different is really bollox.....i for one want a captain who shows abit of moral fibre...who the fuk does he think he is taking out injuctions...call me old fashioned if you want folks.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Sunday, February 7, 2010, 21:32:08 »

Who is the moral fibre choice, sorry? I'd be more inclined to agree with you if Terry was unrepresentative of footballers as a whole.

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Sunday, February 7, 2010, 21:34:48 »

we now have a england captain who forgot to go to his drugs test(wink wink) and is a convicted drink driver.
i really dont give a flying fart as the national team is a load of shit as far as i'm concerned,but terry didn't break the law.he just fucked his mates ex mrs.whoopee do
Talk Talk

« Reply #204 on: Sunday, February 7, 2010, 23:01:04 »

Course it makes a difference...anyone who thinks that is talking shite in my humble....the bloke is looked upon by millions of young people...they look up to him....are you saying that if for example he was a peado or that he knifed someone  his personal life shouldnt matter....course it would.

Hold your horses my friend.

This man has done nothing illegal. He is not a convicted paedophile and he has not committed assault or GBH. Shagging someone's ex is not against the law. Therefore it has nothing to do with you or me.

If you are talking about being a 'role model' and it is important that he should live up to whatever that is then I think you live in a fantasy world. That is just celebrity bullshit. It has nothing whatsoever to do with ethics, personal morality or everyday life.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Sunday, February 7, 2010, 23:25:08 »

Shagging someone's ex is not against the law. Therefore it has nothing to do with you or me.

Going from the newspaper reports there was more to it that just shagging Bridge's ex. They reckoned Bridge and Terry were best mates and that Terry helped him during the prolonged break up. Unknown to Bridge, at the same time Terry was shagging his ex as well.

Not against the law, nothing to do with you or me but Bridge wasn't impressed by it which could create issues within the England camp. The captain should be keeping the peace, not kicking shit off.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #206 on: Sunday, February 7, 2010, 23:30:59 »

It's such a tedious debate though isn't it? You'll always get people heading for the moral high ground while others wonder what it has to do with football. Both sides have a fair argument.

What Terry did isn't illegal and is none of our business. Like most things in this celebrity driven era we live in, this could have been sorted out behind-closed-doors without media fuss.

Football is all about cliques and it looks as though the F.A. bigwigs feel that Terry as their "leader" isn't appropriate because his removal as captain clearly has nothing to do with morals and role model figures etc looking at who the new captain and vice-captain is - I imagine this will be about the Chelsea boys (+ plus pals) sticking up for their mate and the Manchester City boys (+ pals) looking after theirs. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

I doubt Capello had anything to do with this decision.
Barry Scott

« Reply #207 on: Monday, February 8, 2010, 00:06:56 »

This thread needs some bacon.

[url width=500 height=333]http://www.bbqblog.ca/20080402-baconbra.jpg[/url]
Talk Talk

« Reply #208 on: Monday, February 8, 2010, 00:23:02 »

Going from the newspaper reports there was more to it that just shagging Bridge's ex. They reckoned Bridge and Terry were best mates and that Terry helped him during the prolonged break up. Unknown to Bridge, at the same time Terry was shagging his ex as well.

Not against the law, nothing to do with you or me but Bridge wasn't impressed by it which could create issues within the England camp. The captain should be keeping the peace, not kicking shit off.

I will say it again. That is for that person's employer (in this case the England manager) to decide if it has an impact on their performance or relationships within the business (i.e team). What the fuck do you know about it? You just read about it in sensationalist newspapers and you lap up every (true or false) word.

I only give a shit about it because I think the focus on this is like confectionery. It's all sugar and no meat.

And on that subject I would like to say that Barry's picture is a bit rash...errrrr.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Monday, February 8, 2010, 00:38:54 »

I was pretty clear that I was only going by the newspaper reports, I never suggested any inside knowledge.

But it's obvious that Bridge is pissed off by Terry following his Man City team mates wearing "team bridge" t-shirts. Plus, given Terry's willingness to use solicitors to keep the stories out of the papers in the first place, the fact that he hasn't sued them yet would also suggest at least some element of truth.

It's also obvious that Capello thought it impacted the team as he sacked Terry.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: