Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Micheal Owen  (Read 7595 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, July 2, 2009, 21:46:47 »

They'd probably sell a shit load of Owen shirts wouldn't they?

Owen should be at his peak now, its just a bad run of injuries and playing for a shit team that has fucked him up. If Man Utd do give him a go, if it pays off and Owen hits his best form again they'll have picked up a £20m striker for nothing.

Surely worth a risk, maybe just on a six month contract so they can offload him in January if they want. Probably a good chance Owen will agree to cut his wage demands and / or a pay as you play deal, just to play for Man Utd.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, July 3, 2009, 07:30:23 »

Apparently denied by Utd

With Utd only playing 1 up though that si not haw to get the best out of him, he is better in a front 2 partnership
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, July 3, 2009, 07:42:13 »

Owen has lost his only asset...pace.

United also denied that they were going to sign Berbatov last summer....then Sir Alex was pictured picking Berbatov up from the airport !!!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, July 3, 2009, 07:53:34 »

Owen is still a great goalscorer and in a team that creates that number of chances he can't fail to get goals. Importantly i reckon playing at united and with Rooney hopefully will mean that he can get upto top form and into the England squad ahead of the world cup.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, July 3, 2009, 08:51:00 »

not heard much on this from our team at OT, but then we're often the last to know!

It's an odd signing, but classic fergie. Sheringham, larsson, could be a masterstroke if Owen stays fit...
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, July 3, 2009, 11:38:33 »

Racehorses.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, July 3, 2009, 12:34:44 »

Racehorses.
You reckon Fergie's signing Little Michael to train his racehorses, due to his jockey-like shortness?
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, July 3, 2009, 12:43:20 »

Owen has lost his only asset...pace.

United also denied that they were going to sign Berbatov last summer....then Sir Alex was pictured picking Berbatov up from the airport !!!

Owen had a lot more in his locker than pace when at his peak, was a great finisher with both feet and head and his movement has always been good - there's no reason the finishing and movement can't still make him a valuable asset, especially as Utd rarely have a 'fox in the box' type player picking up the peices.

Could work out OK.
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, July 3, 2009, 13:09:08 »

Just watching SSN - loads of Liverpool fans emailing in saying it's a disgrace he should sign for Utd, it's been 5 years since he was at 'pool and he was an Everton fan anyway.

If a club in the Champions League offers you a deal when you don't have one I think fans from an old club would be the last thing you think about?
Doore

« Reply #24 on: Friday, July 3, 2009, 13:12:05 »

Just watching SSN - loads of Liverpool fans emailing in saying it's a disgrace he should sign for Utd, it's been 5 years since he was at 'pool and he was an Everton fan anyway.

If a club in the Champions League offers you a deal when you don't have one I think fans from an old club would be the last thing you think about?

Agreed.  The words chip, shoulder, their and on spring to mind.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, July 3, 2009, 13:15:30 »

Funny thing is they'll probably sign Tevez and tell everyone how great he is despite the fact he used to play for Man U.
Scot Munroe

« Reply #26 on: Friday, July 3, 2009, 17:55:56 »

signed a 2yr deal with United.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #27 on: Friday, July 3, 2009, 17:58:04 »

signed a 2yr deal with United.

GOT IN there before I did...... if anyone can bring Owen back to his best I would imagine it would be Ferguson
Rich Pullen

« Reply #28 on: Friday, July 3, 2009, 17:58:13 »

This doesn't suprise me one bit. I think people/media are overly harsh on him and I imagine Ferguson feels he's picked up a bargain.
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, July 3, 2009, 18:01:37 »

Awesome, I'm down with this big time, think that as a cheap wildcard option this could be the signing of the summer in the Prem - he only needs to score 10-15 for it to have been worth it for Utd and if he's fit and in good form for next summer then great!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: