Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Micheal Owen  (Read 7484 times)
yeo

Ignore
« on: Thursday, July 2, 2009, 14:59:07 »

Talking to Man utd according to the radio.

Huh?

Didnt see that coming

/
W56196272
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, July 2, 2009, 15:01:34 »

Thought he'd end up somewhere like Wigan to rebuild his career. Don't think he's finished yet but he has to stay fit. Big gamble for Man U.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, July 2, 2009, 15:03:48 »

I had a feeling a big club would come in for him. If he can get fit he might score a lot of goals. Man U might be thinking that the old Englans partnership of Rooney and Owen will come good.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, July 2, 2009, 15:04:12 »

massive gamble
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, July 2, 2009, 15:13:34 »

Linkage? Surely this is utter bollocks?
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, July 2, 2009, 15:14:30 »

Good for England if it works... Thats as far as my interest goes though as I don't give two hoots about the premiershite in general

From the Dark Side
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, July 2, 2009, 15:35:23 »

Tevez > Michael Owen.

United are taking a massive gamble.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, July 2, 2009, 15:37:17 »

Man utd don't play a style of football that suits owen anyway. bizzare signing

Things get better but they never get good
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, July 2, 2009, 15:40:28 »

Not a gamble if he does go there..will be a bit part player and will score for fun with the chances they create...wont cost a bean so a no lose gamble for Fergie.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, July 2, 2009, 15:40:53 »

Owen will score goals in a good team, as long as he stays fit.

Be great for England if it worked out.

Oh, and it wasn't bollocks.

It's All Good..............
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, July 2, 2009, 15:56:44 »

Not a gamble if he does go there..will be a bit part player and will score for fun with the chances they create...wont cost a bean so a no lose gamble for Fergie.

Not a financial gamble, a gamble in whether he stays fit to do the job. I expect Fergie will sign another striker to cover it anyway, or actually play Berbatov.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, July 2, 2009, 16:00:39 »

Linkage? Surely this is utter bollocks?

Talksport sources so might be bollocks,ive not looked on the internet so I cant give you a link

/
W56196272
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, July 2, 2009, 16:06:16 »

Bookmakers Slash Odds On Michael Owen Joining Manchester United
An unlikely move it may well be, but the odds on it happening have mysteriously dropped today...
2 Jul 2009 15:59:25

Michael Owen has been linked with a host of clubs since it became apparent that he was not going to renew his contract with Newcastle united which expired this week, but no reported were dedicated to suggestions that Manchester United were among potential bidders.

Punters in the United Kingdom, though, have begun backing the former England striker for an unlikely move to Old Trafford. Leading bookmakers have therefore reduced the odds on an incredible switch occurring.

Sky Bet, for instance, have slashed the odds on the switch from 20-1 to 7-4, after United missed out on the high profile signing of Karim Benzema from Olympique Lyonnais, with big-spending Spanish giants Real Madrid trumping the Red Devils with an audacious and lucrative bid.

Few would ever have suggested that Alex Ferguson would turn to the former Liverpool striker though, more famous these days for his injuries than his goals, but desperate times breed desperate measures, with Cristiano Ronaldo already gone and the imminent departure of Carlos Tevez set to weaken the Old Trafford forward line further.

"With Real Madrid hoovering up several high profile targets, United are running out of options to fill the void left by the departure of Ronaldo and Tevez and Owen is a cheap option," Sky Bet's Mike Triffitt told bettingzone.co.uk.

"We've had a steady stream of bets on free agent Owen joining United today. A move to United should suit Owen, who wants to get back into the England squad and will feel he has a better chance with a higher profile club."

It had been reported that Owen's boyhood club Everton were now favourites to land the player, with Hull City, Stoke City and Aston Villa also apparently interested.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Doore

« Reply #13 on: Thursday, July 2, 2009, 20:56:29 »

Would be a big shock and I can't really see it happening, but Fergie doesn't always do the expected.  Sometimes these things come off, sometimes not.

As you can tell, I'm sitting firmly on the fence.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, July 2, 2009, 21:43:09 »

Tevez > Michael Owen.

United are taking a massive gamble.

better example would be ronaldo > valencia, ouch
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: