Pages: 1 ... 1093 1094 1095 [1096] 1097 1098 1099 ... 1214   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4294299 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #16425 on: Thursday, March 9, 2023, 23:40:20 »

What was Lindsey’s exact quote?
Massive difference between saying ‘we had the balls out first week’ and saying ‘we had the balls out first week and completely binned off anything fitness related what so ever’

Sure, it obviously wasn’t great but I assume they were doing both ball work & fitness work but then again I wasn’t at pre-season training, so don’t know for certain.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #16426 on: Friday, March 10, 2023, 10:31:48 »

Had a look for the full quote and couldn't find it. Just found more waffle and bollocks about playing fatigued. Got bored of reading his shite trying to find it.

The more you look, the more you wonder how anyone could possibly think he wasn't utterly clueless at the time.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #16427 on: Friday, March 10, 2023, 10:41:17 »

As ridiculous as the appointment was I think we all wanted it to work out, especially as he has had a rough old time of it on a personal level and seemed to have a lot of respect for the club. However, dross football, box entries and a shambolic pre-season aside, one thing that really struck me in his interviews and dealings with the fans was that he was extraordinarily thin skinned and tetchy. That's never going to work out well in football management.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #16428 on: Friday, March 10, 2023, 10:43:04 »

As ridiculous as the appointment was I think we all wanted it to work out, especially as he has had a rough old time of it on a personal level and seemed to have a lot of respect for the club. However, dross football, box entries and a shambolic pre-season aside, one thing that really struck me in his interviews and dealings with the fans was that he was extraordinarily thin skinned and tetchy. That's never going to work out well in football management.

Bang on.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #16429 on: Friday, March 10, 2023, 10:58:26 »

Who else was there that day?

* 32BADDD1-0D52-4D95-AF63-55DFECF84392.jpeg (424.43 KB, 2048x1394 - viewed 166 times.)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #16430 on: Friday, March 10, 2023, 11:19:05 »

Had a look for the full quote and couldn't find it. Just found more waffle and bollocks about playing fatigued. Got bored of reading his shite trying to find it.

The more you look, the more you wonder how anyone could possibly think he wasn't utterly clueless at the time.

I think generally if a club loses a manager after a ‘successful’ season & an internal appointment is made - I think the hope is always that they were the brains behind the success & now they can finally prove it (from a fan perspective)

The Chinese whispers say a lot of the players when asked spoke highly on Lindsey but can’t validate those rumours what so ever.

What with Garner doing a piss poor job at Charlton and Lindsey doing a piss poor job here and at Crawley.
Who does that leave for actually being the brains behind last seasons moderate success.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #16431 on: Friday, March 10, 2023, 11:20:37 »

I think generally if a club loses a manager after a ‘successful’ season & an internal appointment is made - I think the hope is always that they were the brains behind the success & now they can finally prove it (from a fan perspective)

The Chinese whispers say a lot of the players when asked spoke highly on Lindsey but can’t validate those rumours what so ever.

What with Garner doing a piss poor job at Charlton and Lindsey doing a piss poor job here and at Crawley.
Who does that leave for actually being the brains behind last seasons moderate success.

Harry McKirdy?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #16432 on: Friday, March 10, 2023, 11:29:15 »

Chorley hasn't blotted his copybook.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #16433 on: Friday, March 10, 2023, 11:29:52 »

Harry McKirdy?

Didn't show a huge amount of brain power missing the goal completely in the penalty shoot out at Vale Park!

Last season was just odd from start to finish. Because of the change of ownership we had to do a lot of stuff 'on the fly' and in the end, despite many expecting us to struggle, we were one game away from the play-off final. the Garner, Marshall and Garner combo appeared to work well. Having that ripped up and going with the SL, the assistant (I forget who it was) and Sandro combo was a big downgrade. 

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #16434 on: Friday, March 10, 2023, 11:31:09 »

Chorley hasn't blotted his copybook.

Clem wasn't hugely open and honest about why he left

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/20184868.clem-morfuni-unable-shed-much-light-ben-chorley-quit-swindon-town/

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #16435 on: Friday, March 10, 2023, 11:50:23 »

Yeah but they are still friends!
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #16436 on: Friday, March 10, 2023, 11:51:48 »

Do we know what he’s doing now?

I do wonder with Clem if it was a case of won’t say as it was a personal issue that he (Chorley) didn’t want to be widely known (family illness for instance)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #16437 on: Friday, March 10, 2023, 11:54:13 »

Harry McKirdy?

Seems to be doing a pretty piss poor job at Hibs.  Wink

Has there been any properly evidenced reason (i.e not to just suit a narrative that things are shit) stated as to why he left? I don't think he has rolled up anywhere else has he so could be as simple as him having a legitimate personal reason for leaving and that Clem just didn't want to reveal a personal reason why someone he suggests is a mate left hen he was interviewed?
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #16438 on: Friday, March 10, 2023, 11:56:50 »

Do we know what he’s doing now?

I do wonder with Clem if it was a case of won’t say as it was a personal issue that he (Chorley) didn’t want to be widely known (family illness for instance)

Someone thought he was working for Southampton F.C but I can't find any evidence of that.

If it's a family illness or something personal then that's absolutely fair enough. My comment was slightly 'glib' and you make a terrific point that I hadn't actually considered.

Has there been any properly evidenced reason (i.e not to just suit a narrative that things are shit) stated as to why he left? I don't think he has rolled up anywhere else has he so could be as simple as him having a legitimate personal reason for leaving and that Clem just didn't want to reveal a personal reason why someone he suggests is a mate left hen he was interviewed?

Indeed - nothing officially mentioned but it could well be private which is absolutely fair enough.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #16439 on: Friday, March 10, 2023, 12:04:36 »

Someone thought he was working for Southampton F.C but I can't find any evidence of that.

I heard Sandro had him locked in a box, at the request of Scott Lindsey. Meghan Markle was probably involved in some way as well Wink

The fact that he was generally thought to have done pretty well here combined with the fact that nearly 12 months later he doesn't appear to have rolled up anywhere else suggests that its possibly more of a Ben Chorley thing than a Swindon Town thing.
Pages: 1 ... 1093 1094 1095 [1096] 1097 1098 1099 ... 1214   Go Up
Print
Jump to: