Pages: 1 ... 1092 1093 1094 [1095] 1096 1097 1098 ... 1223   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4340466 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #16410 on: Wednesday, March 8, 2023, 18:27:48 »

Chin up bud. Extended Winter is keeping many of us rock dwellers from coming out of hibernation - meaning more screen time. Soon be Christmas fella x

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #16411 on: Wednesday, March 8, 2023, 19:39:23 »

I think it's perfectly fine to mention Lindsey here, maybe even a little gloating if that's your thing.

But the same posters constantly dragging up the same topic across multiple threads is fucking boring. We all know what you think, Chalkies, Mango, Million Pound Pillock, you don't need to tell us in every fucking thread.

THIS is why people shy away from this place.

Great banter with the name calling edit, I’ll leave that for now.

The reason it comes across on multiple threads is probably because it’s applicable to many different threads. STFC rumours, the squad list, New beginnings*, match day threads etc all have something to do with player/dealings from Sandro and co. Don’t remember Chorley being mentioned at all this much FWIW, wonder why. Just fans airing a view point end of day and being vocal about it - people are aloud to disagree. Hopefully next season we don’t even need to speak this much about our DOF.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #16412 on: Wednesday, March 8, 2023, 20:00:30 »

God forbid Swindons most recent ex manager from this current season should be discussed in multiple relevant threads. Won't somebody think of the children.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #16413 on: Wednesday, March 8, 2023, 20:03:49 »

Most frustrating thing is he is still costing us. Proudly proclaimed he had the balls out first week of training. Didn't get them fit though, did you Scott you absolute dickhead?

Look at our injuries and how we tire late. Basic Div 4 necessities. Absolute shambles of a coach.

Yeah if it wasn't for the fact that the number of the current first team squad that were here for the first week of training can be counted on the fingers of one hand your have a point.

And the injuries,  Baudry snapped his ACL, MacDonald dislocated a collarbone, Iandolo has a heel injury, Brennan's dislocated a shoulder, FBT did his medial ligament in a tackle. These are contact injuries, how much fitness work these players did in the summer when half of them were signed to other clubs is a bit fucking irrelevant.

..never go back.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #16414 on: Wednesday, March 8, 2023, 20:21:25 »

Yeah if it wasn't for the fact that the number of the current first team squad that were here for the first week of training can be counted on the fingers of one hand your have a point.

And the injuries,  Baudry snapped his ACL, MacDonald dislocated a collarbone, Iandolo has a heel injury, Brennan's dislocated a shoulder, FBT did his medial ligament in a tackle. These are contact injuries, how much fitness work these players did in the summer when half of them were signed to other clubs is a bit fucking irrelevant.

If you're fitter you're less likely to get injured, contact injury or not. Its not irrelevant at all. If you're fitter then you make the tackle quicker, its a game of inches.

Some of those injuries would have happened regardless, of course, but if you think there is no correlation between Scott Lindseys training regime and our injury crisis, then I honestly don't know that to tell you.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #16415 on: Wednesday, March 8, 2023, 22:33:48 »

And the injuries,  Baudry snapped his ACL, MacDonald dislocated a collarbone, Iandolo has a heel injury, Brennan's dislocated a shoulder, FBT did his medial ligament in a tackle. These are contact injuries, how much fitness work these players did in the summer when half of them were signed to other clubs is a bit fucking irrelevant.

Injuries or no injuries Lindsey repeatedly showed he was incapable, bordering on incompetent. I never bought the ‘good coach’ and ‘nice guy’ argument, he came across a deluded and in complete denial and incapable of engaging people.

I’ll enjoy watching him fail this season as it’s exactly what he deserves, between him and Ralph he’s had a material impact on this season. After this season he will become irrelevant and just another inept member of staff on a long list at STFC and never be mentioned again as he’s never going to get another job at any level remotely close to the EFL.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #16416 on: Thursday, March 9, 2023, 15:21:20 »

Its not as enjoyable as Sheridans failed Oldham Shezurection though. That was an all timer.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #16417 on: Thursday, March 9, 2023, 16:00:52 »

Lindsay did have me fooled for a while but the writing was on the wall just as the season started.
That said he did get some OK results for a while.
Simply put  he was a confidence trickster who came unstuck perhaps in the way Phil Brown did.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #16418 on: Thursday, March 9, 2023, 16:14:00 »

The fall out for the Lindsey appointment starts and finishes at the feet of Sandra who, according to him, after extensive due diligence Lindsey was the best man for the job.

I’m sure Lindsey thought he would be successful - not many of us did. Tbf, not many thought Wellens would be when he was appointed.

Anyway, it’s all water under the bridge now and I dont give a flying fuck how he gets on at Crawley. I do have a good feeling about Morris so a wasted season now could well herald a great one next up.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #16419 on: Thursday, March 9, 2023, 16:21:01 »

What percentage falls at the managers feet and the person who is responsible for recruitment?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #16420 on: Thursday, March 9, 2023, 16:24:48 »

The fall out for the Lindsey appointment starts and finishes at the feet of Sandra who, according to him, after extensive due diligence Lindsey was the best man for the job.

I’m sure Lindsey thought he would be successful - not many of us did. Tbf, not many thought Wellens would be when he was appointed.

Anyway, it’s all water under the bridge now and I dont give a flying fuck how he gets on at Crawley. I do have a good feeling about Morris so a wasted season now could well herald a great one next up.
Pretty much agree with this too.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #16421 on: Thursday, March 9, 2023, 16:31:39 »

What percentage falls at the managers feet and the person who is responsible for recruitment?

Sandro put them forward, but Lindsey had final say was the official word. So both.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #16422 on: Thursday, March 9, 2023, 18:24:24 »

I think we all know that what Sandro said was bullshit PR.
To be fair he couldn’t say “he’s not who we wanted but we’re just going to have to make the best of it”

I still have the feeling they were expecting him to go to Charlton with Garner, but when they wouldn’t pay compensation didn’t want to pay him off gambling on the fact that Charlton would come back.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #16423 on: Thursday, March 9, 2023, 19:42:41 »

If you're fitter you're less likely to get injured, contact injury or not. Its not irrelevant at all. If you're fitter then you make the tackle quicker, its a game of inches.

Some of those injuries would have happened regardless, of course, but if you think there is no correlation between Scott Lindseys training regime and our injury crisis, then I honestly don't know that to tell you.

I don't think for a second that our coaching set up under the previous manager was as good as it is now. And I don't think he has what's required tactically to be a good manage either. I'm not suggesting he was a good choice to manage the club.

But be honest you know fuck all about the training regime at Swindon under Lindsey. He makes a flippant remark to the media about doing ball work in week one of training  and you build that into a narrative about ignoring fitness work. Of the two injuries, both hamstrings, that can have something to do with conditioning both have happened in the last few games, months after he left. Devine was barely ever fit to join training the entire time Lindsey was here FFS so how the fuck is that his fault.

And if you think being fitter stops you dislocating a clavicle or a shoulder  when you fall to the ground after a challenge, or rupturing a knee ligament from landing awkwardly or twisting badly in a tackle,  (the speed of which is utterly fucking irrelevant by the way) I'm not sure you're really open to reasoned argument.And you're making yourself sound like a child that's unable to admit they don't know what they're talking about and have said something stupid.

This stupid, childish I need a villain to blame everything on tendency amongst some of the fan base gets right up my arse. The Sandro thing is the same. I'm so bored of it.

..never go back.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #16424 on: Thursday, March 9, 2023, 20:11:26 »

I don't think for a second that our coaching set up under the previous manager was as good as it is now. And I don't think he has what's required tactically to be a good manage either. I'm not suggesting he was a good choice to manage the club.

But be honest you know fuck all about the training regime at Swindon under Lindsey. He makes a flippant remark to the media about doing ball work in week one of training  and you build that into a narrative about ignoring fitness work. Of the two injuries, both hamstrings, that can have something to do with conditioning both have happened in the last few games, months after he left. Devine was barely ever fit to join training the entire time Lindsey was here FFS so how the fuck is that his fault.

And if you think being fitter stops you dislocating a clavicle or a shoulder  when you fall to the ground after a challenge, or rupturing a knee ligament from landing awkwardly or twisting badly in a tackle,  (the speed of which is utterly fucking irrelevant by the way) I'm not sure you're really open to reasoned argument.And you're making yourself sound like a child that's unable to admit they don't know what they're talking about and have said something stupid.

This stupid, childish I need a villain to blame everything on tendency amongst some of the fan base gets right up my arse. The Sandro thing is the same. I'm so bored of it.

How do I know fuck all when Scott Lindsey is telling me what was happening?

Just at our club our two most successful Div 4 managers Di Canio and Macari focused on fitness at the start of preseason. Four Four Two magazine covering our preseason 12 to 14 years ago when they were sponsoring us that said the exact same and went in to detail on it. Same for every single thing I've read about preseason training at other clubs as well over the years.

Methods may have changed in recent years and I'm unaware, but every single piece of information I have ever digested tells me those first sessions are exclusively fitness and you don't get the balls out until weeks later. Its all tests and running like bleep tests and fitness drills.

Its pretty common knowledge because footballers are pretty open about how difficult they can be and how a lot of them dread the first few weeks. Do you not think there is a reason for this?

Funny you should call me a child and say I'm not open to reasonable debate when you just seem to want me to ignore every single piece of information I've seen, read and heard on professional football preseason in my lifetime being contrary to what Scott Lindsey was openly telling me was happening and not see it as a giant fucking red flag that he doesn't know what he is doing, simply because you're bored and fed up of people saying nasty things about him.

Maybe put all the Scott Lindsey stuff in a separate thread so those that if offends can have a nice safe space from it.
Pages: 1 ... 1092 1093 1094 [1095] 1096 1097 1098 ... 1223   Go Up
Print
Jump to: