Pages: 1 ... 935 936 937 [938] 939 940 941 ... 1214   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4293700 times)
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #14055 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 10:53:51 »

I see Doyle’s goal was versus Doncaster, I read a funny stat online that the person with the worst disciplinary record so far in their squad is Wellens with three yellows and a red!
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #14056 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 10:56:42 »

Tom Heaton on the bench for Man Utd in the CL last night managed by former ST player Carrick (do we have any other former players who have managed in CL?), which I wouldn't have bothered mentioning were it not for the reason that Carrick chose to have 2 keepers on the bench???
Very odd, Man City did the same at the weekend and it’s not as if they are two sides without strength in depth!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #14057 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 10:59:15 »

If it goes to a tribunal, they usually insert a sell-on as standard.

Sent from my XQ-AD51
Inded a sell on fee is pretty standard and often the club losing the player will get a double sell on as we did with Charlie Austin, say 25% of next transfer fee and 10% the next transfer fee too.

When Burnley sold Charlie to QPR we got a nice sizeable percentage of that too. Even though he wasnt a tribunal I know, its fairly commonplace with transfers. This was announced by Swindon just before Jed the conman took over.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #14058 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 11:00:27 »

In the Champions League - the rest of the squad you’ve picked for that tournament are allowed to be on the bench, hence why they had 10 subs last night.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #14059 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 11:01:22 »

I see Doyle’s goal was versus Doncaster, I read a funny stat online that the person with the worst disciplinary record so far in their squad is Wellens with three yellows and a red!

He got booked again last night for kicking off at the 4th official about Doyle's goal, the 4th official being Darren Drysdale the ref who has a habit of being a bit aggro.

Bad result for Donny considering Bolton had 7 out before the game and lost Isgrove formerly of this parish in the first half through injury.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #14060 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 11:16:31 »

Tom Heaton on the bench for Man Utd in the CL last night managed by former ST player Carrick (do we have any other former players who have managed in CL?), which I wouldn't have bothered mentioning were it not for the reason that Carrick chose to have 2 keepers on the bench???

How many homegrown players do you need for Europa League?
On top of a maximum 25 players for List A, clubs had to designate a minimum 8 players that were trained by clubs from the same national league, with 4 of them being from the club's own youth system. The rule in turn capped a maximum of 17 foreigners for the club in UEFA competitions.

Tom Heaton counts towards the Home grown quota even though he left the club and returned.

As for managers in the Champions league...not since it changed to the Champions League but when it was the European cup we had Trevor Anderson managed Linfield in the European Cup, Glenn Hoddle managed in the ECWC, Eoin Hand managed 2 teams in the European cup qualifying rounds. Probably few more years ago but I don;t think there were any more recently.

singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #14061 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 11:21:16 »

If it goes to a tribunal, they usually insert a sell-on as standard.

Sent from my XQ-AD51

sounds brilliant. if they dont go up this season we have every chance of making some decent money
Peter Venkman

« Reply #14062 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 11:34:28 »

sounds brilliant. if they dont go up this season we have every chance of making some decent money
There are higher league clubs already monitoring his situation for making an offer in January I have read, QPR are one of the teams.

Maybe MKD are waiting to see the size of the offer to see if they can still afford to buy him and pay us out of the fee Wink

MKD are known to not be as flush as they used to be and struggling financially after lockdown.

Had a look at their 2-1 defeat last night at Sheff Weds.....The Owls has 25 shots against them and 11 of those were on target! they also conceded 14 corners! talk about being battered all game!

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #14063 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 11:41:58 »

Why has any tribunal taken so long to officiate?

Is his ‘value’ based on what he was worth when he left us or what he us worth now?

Or is it not based on worth at all.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #14064 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 11:44:02 »

If MKD are skint and the tribunal comes back with say £300k and they cannot afford it, then what?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #14065 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 11:53:50 »

Answering my own question here.

‘It’s important to stress at the outset that compensation is not due in lieu of the transfer fee that would be payable if the player were under contract. The compensation is of an entirely different nature and the player’s perceived ‘market value’ and transfer fee comparables are irrelevant. Instead, the compensation is payable solely to compensate the former club for its training and development of the player, the rationale being that clubs should be rewarded for bringing through talent and incentivised to continue doing so.’
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #14066 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 11:55:42 »

In other words they will have to pay up😀

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman

« Reply #14067 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 11:55:54 »

If MKD are skint and the tribunal comes back with say £300k and they cannot afford it, then what?
No idea, I raised the question in the summer when it was 1st announced he was leaving, they will probably pay it back in installments.

Why has any tribunal taken so long to officiate?

Is his ‘value’ based on what he was worth when he left us or what he us worth now?

Or is it not based on worth at all.
No idea why its taken so long, the fee is based upon length of time at club, how many first team appearances and goals BEFORE the transfer, also they take into account wages and wages offered as well as the selling club can suggest a transfer fee that they want.

Then it is down to the tribunal, going from what other tribunals have set as fees I would expect a fee of £250k plus sell ons as he was with us a long time before the transfer and we offered him an improved deal

singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #14068 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 12:05:08 »

you would think that they would find the money regardless. paying £300k for a £750k+ asset (imo) is a no brainer. even if they borrowed the money on the provision that they will sell in the next window
Peter Venkman

« Reply #14069 on: Wednesday, November 24, 2021, 12:07:37 »

you would think that they would find the money regardless. paying £300k for a £750k+ asset (imo) is a no brainer. even if they borrowed the money on the provision that they will sell in the next window
They will plead poverty and pay in installments of £50k a season probably.

Pages: 1 ... 935 936 937 [938] 939 940 941 ... 1214   Go Up
Print
Jump to: