Pages: 1 ... 1013 1014 1015 [1016] 1017 1018 1019 ... 1223   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4335681 times)
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #15225 on: Monday, July 4, 2022, 12:53:59 »

This always made me smile this argument about him not being great in the air. Bit of a silly argument really
Adebayo was laughable at trying to jump for headers when he was here. Look at him now.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #15226 on: Monday, July 4, 2022, 13:07:21 »

How is criticizing his inability to jump and even compete aerially a silly argument?

I'm not expecting him to be Kevin Davies but I think it's perfectly reasonable to expect somebody of his size to win his fair share. Or at least look like he might once in a while.

dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #15227 on: Monday, July 4, 2022, 14:02:41 »

How is criticizing his inability to jump and even compete aerially a silly argument?

I'm not expecting him to be Kevin Davies but I think it's perfectly reasonable to expect somebody of his size to win his fair share. Or at least look like he might once in a while.

Duncan Shearer couldn't jump either. Well no more than six inches off the ground anyway. Didn't stop him leading the line and scoring a load, including loads of headed goals strangely. And he didn't  have anything like Simpson's pace.

..never go back.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #15228 on: Monday, July 4, 2022, 14:06:42 »

Ah the good old compilation videos. Done a great job at making Simpson look like the league 2 Drogba. I dare say if Davison had a similar video made on him he'd look half decent as well.

Comparing Davison to Simpson come on. Simpson has proper technical ability and can actually control a ball. Towards the end of his time here Simpson was starting to bully centre backs and learning how to use his pace and power. With decent coaching he could become a very good player. Davison has pretty much peaked at this level IMO as he lacks natural ability and instinct.
« Last Edit: Monday, July 4, 2022, 14:09:18 by theakston2k » Logged
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #15229 on: Monday, July 4, 2022, 14:23:21 »

Comparing Davison to Simpson come on. Simpson has proper technical ability and can actually control a ball. Towards the end of his time here Simpson was starting to bully centre backs and learning how to use his pace and power. With decent coaching he could become a very good player. Davison has pretty much peaked at this level IMO as he lacks natural ability and instinct.

Can actually control a ball, come on. Simpson was terrible in general hold up play, nothing stuck to him.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #15230 on: Monday, July 4, 2022, 14:25:17 »

Can actually control a ball, come on. Simpson was terrible in general hold up play, nothing stuck to him.
I’m not on about hold up play, I’m on about the basic ability to control a football. He can control the ball, in comparison Davison just has the ball bounce off him and his second touch was usually a tackle.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #15231 on: Monday, July 4, 2022, 14:28:20 »

Simpson had something about him. Pace, power and control. He *might* make it in the Championship or higher in the future.

Davison tried hard, but was punching above his level. Rarely in the right position. Poor touch (on the whole), little ability to hold the ball up and doesn't read the game .

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #15232 on: Monday, July 4, 2022, 14:31:45 »

I’m not on about hold up play, I’m on about the basic ability to control a football. He can control the ball, in comparison Davison just has the ball bounce off him and his second touch was usually a tackle.

how can hold up play not equate to a basic ability to control a football.  Head Hurts a ball fizzed into simpson ended up being an accicental one two. he looked much better with a ball in behind or over the top. but never at his feet

simpson has his qualities dont get me wrong but that was his biggest weakness along with heading.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #15233 on: Monday, July 4, 2022, 14:54:16 »

I can’t be arsed, but I’m sure if you read through the old matchday threads there would be plenty of posts slagging Simpson off. Like a lot of cases his ability seems to have improved since not playing.

Would I like him back, yes because I thought he did pretty well considering he was playing up front on his own but no way should we pay anywhere near 600k.

The number one job for a striker is to score goals & Simpson got 9 in 24 league games, compared to Davison’s 9 in 23 so both did a decent enough job in that area.

I’d agree that Simpson probably has a bigger upside though
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #15234 on: Monday, July 4, 2022, 15:12:28 »

But still better than Mr trampoline boots
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #15235 on: Monday, July 4, 2022, 15:14:01 »

I can’t be arsed, but I’m sure if you read through the old matchday threads there would be plenty of posts slagging Simpson off. Like a lot of cases his ability seems to have improved since not playing.

Would I like him back, yes because I thought he did pretty well considering he was playing up front on his own but no way should we pay anywhere near 600k.

The number one job for a striker is to score goals & Simpson got 9 in 24 league games, compared to Davison’s 9 in 23 so both did a decent enough job in that area.

I’d agree that Simpson probably has a bigger upside though

yup. i think it seems like a longer season than normal because of the cup runs and playoffs and that we lost players half way through. it seems like people can't remember the season as whole and only remember the last 2 months of action.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #15236 on: Monday, July 4, 2022, 15:14:44 »

I suppose its a positive that things are going so well that the only thing to argue about is players who are not here any more and unlikely to return.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #15237 on: Monday, July 4, 2022, 15:17:08 »

I suppose its a positive that things are going so well that the only thing to argue about is players who are not here any more and unlikely to return.

i wouldnt say a positive. i wish the transfer rumours thread was as busy as the former players
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #15238 on: Monday, July 4, 2022, 15:23:48 »

i wouldnt say a positive. i wish the transfer rumours thread was as busy as the former players

It will be tomorrow.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #15239 on: Monday, July 4, 2022, 15:48:40 »

It will be tomorrow.

Tease!! Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 1013 1014 1015 [1016] 1017 1018 1019 ... 1223   Go Up
Print
Jump to: