Pages: 1 ... 1012 1013 1014 [1015] 1016 1017 1018 ... 1214   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Ex Swindon Town Player Where Are They Now Thread  (Read 4292750 times)
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #15210 on: Monday, July 4, 2022, 10:33:17 »

Or no bids come and he’s left in the reserves. Might have a change of heart in January when he has 6 months left on his contract.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #15211 on: Monday, July 4, 2022, 10:46:16 »

maybe. I can't see us being top of the loan list but never say never
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #15212 on: Monday, July 4, 2022, 10:57:17 »

Would absolutely love him back again, cant see it tho. Even on loan his parent club will want him at L1 probably whoever that may be.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #15213 on: Monday, July 4, 2022, 10:58:07 »

I think it would be worth the purchase.

I’m guessing that wouldn’t have to be 600k upfront anyway and from what we saw of him, he’s only going to increase in value whilst under contract here.

I know it’s not as simple as let’s take the Twine money and spend it on Simpsons but that probably the best option for it
Peter Venkman

« Reply #15214 on: Monday, July 4, 2022, 11:00:11 »

I’m guessing that wouldn’t have to be 600k upfront anyway and from what we saw of him, he’s only going to increase in value whilst under contract here.

I know it’s not as simple as let’s take the Twine money and spend it on Simpsons but that probably the best option for it
Thing is Sandro said not all the money would be up front, maybe Ipswich will want the full amount up front, we just don't know.

I would think if we spent £600k on Simpson (even if we had the money) would be one of the highest amounts ever spent in Div 4/L2. I think Notts County under Sven may have spent more though.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #15215 on: Monday, July 4, 2022, 11:01:23 »

Plus you’d imagine as his contract runs down so will Ipswich’s asking price - as long as it’s more than they’d get from a tribunal they are getting extra profit.

Assume there isn’t an option to extend again by a year.

If he’s still an Ipswich player when this window slams shut, the first thing we should be doing in asking how much they’d be willing to accept in January when he’s into his last 6 months under contract
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #15216 on: Monday, July 4, 2022, 11:03:43 »

maybe. I can't see us being top of the loan list but never say never

That could maybe be up to him, presumably they don't have another option to extend so by then would effectively cutting their losses with him so his development wouldn't be high on their list of priorities.  

They would, of course, still offer him a contract that he would decline so they can get a fee on tribunal for him so they might try to get him to a L1 club to improve that fee.  On one hand however, we as it stands, may actually be best placed to improve his value for them as we already know how to play to his strengths.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #15217 on: Monday, July 4, 2022, 11:04:57 »

Thing is Sandro said not all the money would be up front, maybe Ipswich will want the full amount up front, we just don't know.

I would think if we spent £600k on Simpson (even if we had the money) would be one of the highest amounts ever spent in Div 4/L2. I think Notts County under Sven may have spent more though.

I imagine very few, if any football transfer are all upfront now.
I guess (and I am guessing) Ipswich would happily take part up front and part in clauses if they were realistic clauses (him playing 30+ games this season, scoring 15+ goals this season, Town finishing top 7 this season, percentage of next sale) rather than clauses unlikely to ever be met (Simpson being capped by England. Swindon getting promoted to the Premier League, Simpson scoring 50 goals in a season)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #15218 on: Monday, July 4, 2022, 11:29:03 »

This 100%.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #15219 on: Monday, July 4, 2022, 12:04:28 »

Ah the good old compilation videos. Done a great job at making Simpson look like the league 2 Drogba. I dare say if Davison had a similar video made on him he'd look half decent as well.

Look, Simpson defiantly has something about him but any talk of a club below the championship paying 600k is absolutely ludicrous. Especially a club in our position. Even if we had that amount of cash laying around I'd be extremely disappointed if we blew it all on a 20 year old with no more than 25 career games.

He was fortunate to play in a side that largely kept the ball on the deck because I've never seen somebody of his size be so useless at Jumping and Heading a football. That'll be a problem for him going forward because most clubs are going to want a focal point up top. 

I'd take him on a free transfer or a small development fee to compete with 2 other senior strikers but if not - move on.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #15220 on: Monday, July 4, 2022, 12:04:37 »

Some interesting thoughts on Tyreece from Ali Maxwell who does the EFL goals programme on Quest...

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #15221 on: Monday, July 4, 2022, 12:12:35 »

come on, we aren't in the 600k player market regardless of how is structured. And rightly so
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #15222 on: Monday, July 4, 2022, 12:25:38 »

Ah the good old compilation videos. Done a great job at making Simpson look like the league 2 Drogba. I dare say if Davison had a similar video made on him he'd look half decent as well.

Look, Simpson defiantly has something about him but any talk of a club below the championship paying 600k is absolutely ludicrous. Especially a club in our position. Even if we had that amount of cash laying around I'd be extremely disappointed if we blew it all on a 20 year old with no more than 25 career games.

He was fortunate to play in a side that largely kept the ball on the deck because I've never seen somebody of his size be so useless at Jumping and Heading a football. That'll be a problem for him going forward because most clubs are going to want a focal point up top. 

I'd take him on a free transfer or a small development fee to compete with 2 other senior strikers but if not - move on.
This always made me smile this argument about him not being great in the air. Bit of a silly argument really
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #15223 on: Monday, July 4, 2022, 12:28:11 »

This always made me smile this argument about him not being great in the air. Bit of a silly argument really

100% with you on this, not a prerequisite for a CF at all these days.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #15224 on: Monday, July 4, 2022, 12:51:12 »

100% with you on this, not a prerequisite for a CF at all these days.
It doesnt even seem to be a prerequisite of CB's these days either.

Pages: 1 ... 1012 1013 1014 [1015] 1016 1017 1018 ... 1214   Go Up
Print
Jump to: