Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Anti Fitton sentiment  (Read 9908 times)
Colin Todd

Ignore
« on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 15:57:58 »

This does seem to be growing on This is.

We may write it off as a site for mongs (and it mostly is) but it does worry me that quite a few posters on the stories there are laying into him recently.

I cant be arsed to write an essay about it but it seems like now malpas has gone that they need to throw some bile at someone and fitton is getting it for "doing things on the cheap" etc

I dont really have much of a point, it just saddens me that some people can be so negative, impatient and just plain wrong.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 16:11:21 »

People see the "consortium worth X hundred million" and assume that means that is correct and a liquid amount all available to the football club. Then wonder why aren't they spending.

Playing Devil's advocate and ignoring a lot of stuff like credibility, if the old board had done some of the things the new board have they'd have been slated even more, and probably by people on here.  To quantify that I mean things like appointing Malpas, getting in loan players and  non-league trialists. Oxo instead of Bovril, etc.
overthehill

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 16:13:13 »

To say posters are laying into Fitton is a bit OTT.
Looking at the team performances since the takeover has left a lot of supporters feeling a little let down.
We are now in a lower league position and the football is dire.
There was a long delay in appointing DW which again is not universally seen as a great improvement (time will tell).
The future does not look as bright as we had hoped for 12 months ago.
If performances improve (starting tomorrow) then the gloom will begin to lift and we can all start looking to a brighter future.

When you're smiling.........
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 16:14:56 »

People should realise that putting piles of money is not an option, especially when you look at Fulham and Chelsea.

Abramovich and Al Fayed have put in £700m and £182m respectively, but it's an interest free loan, so they want their money back later !!!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Rich Pullen

« Reply #4 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 16:17:16 »

Fitton has acknowledged his faults - what more must he do?

I consider myself an avid Town fan, but if I was chairman I wouldn't simply throw my money at the club, I'd want stability et al.

On the pitch business has been disappointing, very much so. However, we were a complete mess when they took over and I believe it'll take more than a year to sort our mess out.

My fear is that Fitton & Co will walk because of such comments.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 16:23:20 »

No denying things havnt gone well on the pitch, and fitton had to and has taken blame for appionting malpas.

but off the pitch things have not been better for ages.  I appreciate the reason we all post on here is beacuse of the football team not how pretty the winners lounge looks but some people dont see the bigger picture and it gets on my tits.

Without a solid basis we'll just end up like we were before, paying out more than we make and in a spiral of debt with no plan other than stay afloat for another year.

Maybe I'm just gullable but I still firmly believe that in a few years the club will look a lot better both on and off the pitch under the stewardship of AF and co.  And because of that I'm willing to be patient. Most clubs that have success do it slowly and surely rather than just throwing money around in the short term.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #6 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 16:26:03 »

Take a step back to take 2 forward! Have faith!
Rich Pullen

« Reply #7 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 16:28:40 »

I still find myself often wondering what would have happened had BEST holdings taken over.

My conclusion remains the same - that under Fitton, STFC are in safer hands.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 16:29:55 »

My fear is that Fitton & Co will walk because of such comments.

Mine too. And I cant help but think we were lucky to get owners that were well funded, profesional and sensible.

If they sold up I could see the next lot having a lot more in common with diamond mike and crew

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 16:32:55 »

i had a look on thisis for the first time in ages yesterday.started reading a wilson out thread, and gave up after reading about 4-5 posts on there.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 16:35:00 »

It seems the default setting of all fans to cry sack the board as soon as anything goes wrong.  As fans do we really believe we know more about what is happening within the club than the people working there day in day out who put the money in?  Some fans really are negative retards and there are some on thisis who are prime examples of this.  

Like Rich Im happy that we are in Fitton and Co's hands rather than the last board and we're not gambling on the quick fix that splashing the cash would provide but trying to build strong roots for future success.  

Never knowingly overstated.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 16:47:19 »

Lets not give them any credit, this is is a forum for the mongs. The comments section is awful and full of mongs, retards and oxford fans. I'll eat my hat (I dont have a hat) if the likes of pinehurst red are genuine Swindon fans who go every week.

However, I think Batch has hit the nail on the head

People see the "consortium worth X hundred million" and assume that means that is correct and a liquid amount all available to the football club. Then wonder why aren't they spending.

Thats why there is so much negativity this season, hardcore fans and the some what floater fans saw we'd been taken over by some rich men and expected us to splash the cash and be at the top end of the league like Peterborough & Franchise.

It was never going to happen like that at all, sure I'll be the first to admit I wasnt expect this season to turn out as badly as it has but anyone expecting anything above mid table and anyone who was expecting us to spend millions on players was deluding themselves from the start.

Lets be honest though, when it comes to this is. If we won 3-0 it wouldnt be good enough we should have won 4-0. If we spend 250k on a player, it should have been 500k on a better player. If we appointed Mourinho, we should have gone the extra mile and appointed Ferguson.

People see rich owners and expect the world.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 16:52:12 »

I expect the solar system.

Wheres your ambition DV?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 16:54:30 »

Our fans will whinge no matter what happens. Just let them get on with it,
DiV
Has also heard this