Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Anti Fitton sentiment  (Read 9903 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 19:31:14 »

I would say that it's rare to now find a Swindon fan that will not acknowledge that errors have been made. It's just a case of how extreme people regard the boards mistakes thus far.

It's rare to find a Swindon fan....let's face it, when this Board took over there was a quiet sense of optimism, which was certainly built up talk of CCC within 3 years. Allied to the purchase of McManatee and Cox, the general consensus was a decent mid table season, we'd probably be a bit shit away from home, but should be able to put in a few exciting shows at the CG.  In fact a bit like Hartlepool.

This would be seen as progress, with  hopefully a few other players kicking on and making an improvement...I would say herein lies the problem, these aims were fairly modest, but certainly realistic...which is why fans are pissed off, that it's come nowhere near a reality.

Worse it actually looks like the Board have almost accepted L2 next season by the way matters have been handled since MM's departure.

Still as long as the egg chasers come to Town...
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #31 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 19:38:04 »

Its getting boring now reg. Can you explain how they have accepted league2. They have appointed wilson and backing him with money and turning down offers for cox
Rich Pullen

« Reply #32 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 19:40:15 »

Worse it actually looks like the Board have almost accepted L2 next season by the way matters have been handled since MM's departure.

(said in the most conversational of ways) Could you elaborate on that further for me Reg?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 19:44:36 »

I am guessing he means the seemingly low rent squad reinforcements we have just got in.

Am I right?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #34 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 19:47:34 »

I'd say the Board have accepted league one more than anything. Doesn't mean we'll stay there after this season though.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 19:48:09 »

I think Reg is entering the early onset of what I refer to as 'Old Git' syndrome. He's been a right pessimistic whinger for the past few months.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 19:55:11 »

Its getting boring now reg. Can you explain how they have accepted league2. They have appointed wilson and backing him with money and turning down offers for cox

I missed the bit where Wilson was backed with money, like when he tried to sign Anyinysah. We've turned down one offer for Cox of 500,000 , 300,000 to us after Reading's cut.  Barely more than we paid....

Fact of the matter is we've been allowed to slide into a relegation fight we look ill equipped to cope with.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #37 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 20:02:59 »

Wilson has said he is trying to get perm signings. As for ansinya we did offer cash the player decided to stay up north.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 20:47:07 »

It's rare to find a Swindon fan....let's face it, when this Board took over there was a quiet sense of optimism, which was certainly built up talk of CCC within 3 years. Allied to the purchase of McManatee and Cox, the general consensus was a decent mid table season, we'd probably be a bit shit away from home, but should be able to put in a few exciting shows at the CG.  In fact a bit like Hartlepool.

This would be seen as progress, with  hopefully a few other players kicking on and making an improvement...I would say herein lies the problem, these aims were fairly modest, but certainly realistic...which is why fans are pissed off, that it's come nowhere near a reality.

Still as long as the egg chasers come to Town...

You were doing well until Para 3 Reg........
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 21:40:16 »

You were doing well until Para 3 Reg........

So, in your opinion matters have been handled well since MM's sacking?
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #40 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 21:43:26 »

So, in your opinion matters have been handled well since MM's sacking?

I would say from MM's sacking to DW appointment it was quite poor, the big name who will blow your socks off etc, it all dragged on a bit which ultimately saw us slip into our current position, Since DW has started full time I think things have improved a bit and with the new signings now, esepcially Robson-Kanu I am quite impressed. Let's see how they get on playing wise though. Let's hope they gel soon enough so we don't slip into the bottom 4. A win tomorrow potentially could give us a bit of breathing space for Oldham which will be a tough game Saturday.

Whilst many of the signings may not be awe inspiring, one must remember that Lou Macari brought a lot of players from the lower leagues who panned out ok.  I was young but remember enough and ofcourse read of the good old days now etc..
« Last Edit: Monday, January 26, 2009, 21:44:57 by STFC_Gazza » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 22:00:51 »

I would say from MM's sacking to DW appointment it was quite poor, the big name who will blow your socks off etc, it all dragged on a bit which ultimately saw us slip into our current position, Since DW has started full time I think things have improved a bit and with the new signings now, esepcially Robson-Kanu I am quite impressed. Let's see how they get on playing wise though. Let's hope they gel soon enough so we don't slip into the bottom 4. A win tomorrow potentially could give us a bit of breathing space for Oldham which will be a tough game Saturday.

Whilst many of the signings may not be awe inspiring, one must remember that Lou Macari brought a lot of players from the lower leagues who panned out ok.  I was young but remember enough and ofcourse read of the good old days now etc..

All we can do now Gazza is sit back and hope for the best...we still don't seem to have addressed the central midfield, but we've got to give these new boys a fair chance...20 mins sound about right?
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 22:04:02 »

You better watch out Reg.

I assume youve heard of Happy Slapping? be very carefull ive heard theres a contract out to Happy Clap you to death at the Walsall game  Huh? Cheesy

/
W56196272
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 22:20:04 »

You better watch out Reg.

I assume youve heard of Happy Slapping? be very carefull ive heard theres a contract out to Happy Clap you to death at the Walsall game  Huh? Cheesy

It's inevitable that a few TEF'ers propose dishing out those clapper things at matches a la Fulham.

[url width=500 height=332]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3042/2792480716_6dc890fff9.jpg?v=0[/url]

Can I hide behind you, when an insanely grinning DRS and Samdy Gray come hunting for me?
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 22:22:57 »

Not sure I'll be there,I support Man City or that Scottish club that ive forgotton the name of these days.

/
W56196272
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: