Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Anti Fitton sentiment  (Read 9910 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 17:02:39 »

Our club was saved........a few fuck ups later...we still have a club and an experienced manager in charge and not (yet) in the drop zone..

He admitted he got it wrong with Malpas.

I posted before ...Season starts here.

Clems Army!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 17:02:43 »

I'll eat my hat (I dont have a hat) if the likes of pinehurst red are genuine Swindon fans who go every week.

If he is who I think (acquaintance of a friend)  then he genuinely does claim to be a fan, and was present in the TE at most of the games last season. Scary isn't it if he beleives what he says.
-----

FWIW I think we are in for a year or two stagnation (hopefully!) whilst the financial foundations are put in place to take us forward.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 17:08:04 »

good job I dont have a hat then!

Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 17:15:52 »

If he is who I think (acquaintance of a friend)  then he genuinely does claim to be a fan, and was present in the TE at most of the games last season. Scary isn't it if he beleives what he says.
-----

FWIW I think we are in for a year or two stagnation (hopefully!) whilst the financial foundations are put in place to take us forward.

And I don't hugely mind that providing Fitton and co set the fans expectations accordingly.  Talk of Championship in three years doesnt help matters when we're in a relegation dogfight!  All due respect and all that Malarky!
Rich Pullen

« Reply #19 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 17:34:01 »

Talk of Championship in three years doesnt help matters when we're in a relegation dogfight! 

Tis a fair point. However, we're one year into this target. Stay up this season and who knows....

Optimism is good Smiley
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 17:35:50 »

I haven't got any complaints with Fitton. He took a bit too long appointed the new manager but that's about it.

I'm sure there are plenty of fans of other clubs that would give anything to have the financial stability that Fitton has brought to the club. We might not get promoted, but we're not going to go in to administration or be wound up - something that is a major concern for a lot of other clubs at the moment.
Barry Scott

« Reply #21 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 17:39:46 »

The thisis mongs fuck me off. I haven't been in the forum for a long time. Mind you negativity in general isn't something i like. It takes no more effort to be negative than it does positive and all attitudes only breed more of the same. It's quite funny when you think about it though, he's responsible for saving the club and giving us a more stable footing and most importantly it's his money not Swindons ffs!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 17:40:57 »

Talk of Championship in three years doesnt help matters when we're in a relegation dogfight!  All due respect and all that Malarky!

I think Fitton has come out and said really we're looking at 3-5 years now that the Credit Crunch has taken effect.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #23 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 17:43:40 »

I think to be fair we would spend money if we were say just outside the playoffs etc to have that extra push. There is clearly more money if you are lucky to go up from bigger gates, bigger clubs, tv rights etc so... I think when we are settled financially and then we may see some funds used.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #24 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 18:16:53 »

Who said there is not money? Spent money on casal and only friday wilson said he was trying to make perm signings. I personally think he is getting in what we need and in the summer we will see wilson get the backing
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 18:17:37 »

There are as many mongs on here as there are there.Personally im sick of having to give thanks for them saving the club.How long are we supposed to to be thankfull? will we still have to be thankfull when we are in Div3? Still thankfull when we are out of the League?

We are constantly told to stop looking back and start looking forward but some fans harp on about our saviours and the old board as if that makes everything alright now,just because something used to be really shit doesnt mean we should have to put up with the current crap.And no I wont be outside the ground protesting just yet but that doesnt mean they should be beyond scrutiny.

/
W56196272
DMR

« Reply #26 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 18:27:29 »

Yeovil Blue you've taken the words right out of my mouth, although I'd probably have chucked a few expletives in.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #27 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 18:31:49 »

I would say that it's rare to now find a Swindon fan that will not acknowledge that errors have been made. It's just a case of how extreme people regard the boards mistakes thus far.
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 18:32:00 »

I don't go to Thisis these days because it is utter shite an half the posters there aren't "fans"  Its linked in with the main site these days and you see the comments on the non-footy stories are equally as retarded as those football related.  Usually by the same people who may live/work in the town but have no loyalties towards it.

As people have said before me, its the money.  I think that in the backround, the powers that be, are still some way of getting the club "financially stabe" and I think it will be next season before we are able to move forward.  There's still a lot going that we don't know about.

It was a gamble to sign Malpas. The board new this and they new that they, behind the scenes weren't ready to bring in "their man".  Malpas was a holding manouvre to maintain mid-table on low budget.  I think it's easy to see why they took that decision with MM's coaching "credentials". It could have come good. It didn't, they accepted it and apologised to the fans. We move on.

Timescale is the key here folks and anyone who expected anywhere better than a mid-table finish belongs on Thisis. it was never going to happen. We could still finish in mid-table, quite easily though and I reckon we'll finish within 2 points of whoever finishes in 13th place. Yes

Ed: Oh and they may have to re-think their policy towards player agents in the long run.  All very admirable but until there's some sort of regulation of them, they're part of the game.  I can't help thinking that that's having some kind impact on our ability to bring players in.
« Last Edit: Monday, January 26, 2009, 18:36:05 by Ironside » Logged

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #29 on: Monday, January 26, 2009, 18:57:55 »

Appointing Malpas and taking too long to replace him following his sacking (possibly by targetting the wrong people and finding this out too late) seem to be the Board's errors.

Seems we were willing to throw money at Cox who is rumoured to have cost up to £200k (4 times the price of Parkin) and Casal who is shit, but they backed Malpas on that one. In fact, I'd say the Board have helped Malpas out a fair bit and if they do the same with Wilson we should do well.

If the Board got it wrong by expecting better than a relegation dog fight then so did the fans because we were the ones saying we'd do better this year than last year, not necessarily the Board.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: