Pages: 1 ... 257 258 259 [260] 261 262 263 ... 339   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 'Who's snuffed it now?'  (Read 1353147 times)
Hunk

« Reply #3885 on: Tuesday, October 19, 2021, 20:18:06 »

Your post basically says "Somalia is home to terrorists, therefore it's likely he's a terrorist, and I'm vindicated because the media have confirmed he's a terrorist".

As far as I'm aware, the fact that he is Somali still has nothing to so with the fact he's being held under terrorism laws (but I am open to being shown otherwise). He could've been inspired by white supremacists for all I know.

I am not picking on you in particular Hunk, but this is the trope that the media play on all the time. Just because someone is from Somalia/Yemen/Afghanistan etc does not automatically make them a terrorist. I don't think it has any relevance at all.

It leads to widespread blanket fear and racism, and it's wrong.

It’s ok mate, I don’t feel like you are picking on me. Just a conversation, nothing taken to heart. I’ll respond properly to your post in a bit when I’m not flirting with women at Buzz Bingo 😉
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #3886 on: Tuesday, October 19, 2021, 21:03:40 »

Sorry Hunk, they're all lonely guys too Wink
Hunk

« Reply #3887 on: Tuesday, October 19, 2021, 23:53:50 »

Your post basically says "Somalia is home to terrorists, therefore it's likely he's a terrorist, and I'm vindicated because the media have confirmed he's a terrorist".

As far as I'm aware, the fact that he is Somali still has nothing to so with the fact he's being held under terrorism laws (but I am open to being shown otherwise). He could've been inspired by white supremacists for all I know.

I am not picking on you in particular Hunk, but this is the trope that the media play on all the time. Just because someone is from Somalia/Yemen/Afghanistan etc does not automatically make them a terrorist. I don't think it has any relevance at all.

It leads to widespread blanket fear and racism, and it's wrong.

I’m going to have to puss out of this one. I have so much to say about your post but I’ve re-written and then deleted my response about ten times already. I’m very comfortable speaking about this kind of contentious issue face to face but a majillion billion times less so online where it’s so easy to be misinterpreted, and I don’t want to do myself an injustice. That’s why I don’t usually get involved, I guess the attention I was getting from the milfs at Buzz Bingo over-rode my better judgement. We’ll discuss this over a pint at some away day or other instead 😉
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #3888 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2021, 08:56:27 »

Walter Smith. 
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #3889 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2021, 09:03:35 »

How the fuck was he only 73?
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #3890 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2021, 16:41:19 »

How the fuck was he only 73?

Show some respect. He was born in 1948.

Now, ain't that just like me?
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #3891 on: Wednesday, October 27, 2021, 12:06:05 »

Show some respect. He was born in 1948.

Show some respect for how ages and years work?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3892 on: Wednesday, October 27, 2021, 12:08:05 »

Show some respect for how ages and years work?

Or at least a basic grasp of it might be helpful.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #3893 on: Wednesday, October 27, 2021, 14:38:25 »

People arguing about showing someone who has died some respect in a thread called who has snuffed it now Cheesy
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #3894 on: Thursday, October 28, 2021, 08:40:25 »

Cheesy

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #3895 on: Monday, November 1, 2021, 09:15:27 »

My cousin Kerry in Australia from advanced and aggressive MND which was only diagnosed in the summer. Because of restrictions she was surrounded by her closest friends but her only daughter could only be present by a video link from Sydney. Fuck, that was quick, to quick. 😢
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3896 on: Monday, November 1, 2021, 09:22:43 »

sorry for your and your families loss LL.

Terrible circumstances all round 😢
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #3897 on: Monday, November 1, 2021, 09:28:05 »

fackin ell. Sorry to hear that LL. Thoughts with you and your family.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #3898 on: Monday, November 1, 2021, 09:28:16 »

My cousin Kerry in Australia from advanced and aggressive MND which was only diagnosed in the summer. Because of restrictions she was surrounded by her closest friends but her only daughter could only be present by a video link from Sydney. Fuck, that was quick, to quick. 😢

Sorry to hear your loss LL

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3899 on: Monday, November 1, 2021, 09:44:47 »

Awful news. Sorry to hear about that LL, condolences fella.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 259 [260] 261 262 263 ... 339   Go Up
Print
Jump to: