Pages: 1 ... 270 271 272 [273] 274 275 276 ... 340   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 'Who's snuffed it now?'  (Read 1367121 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #4080 on: Saturday, February 19, 2022, 19:29:08 »

Let's hope all Town fans respect a minutes applause/silence on Tuesday or Saturday.

So, give no fucks
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #4081 on: Saturday, February 19, 2022, 19:47:50 »

Looking back now...94/95...playing for Oxford, Swindon were desperate to sign him, he went to West Ham...got homesick, everyone's thinking 'crybaby Beauchamp' etc...Swindon and West Ham managed to manufacture a move that meant we could afford him (Whitbread went the other way) and still he wasn't happy and went back to Oxford. It was all too easy to rip the piss out of the 'Mummy's boy"....

Through slightly more informed eyes (hopefully)...I would say it's pretty clear there were some issues there which at the time, were never going to be addressed...

Joey Beauchamp was a fantastic footballer who, sadly, didn't come close to realising his potential. Tragic.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #4082 on: Saturday, February 19, 2022, 19:51:40 »

Like it's been mentioned many times before nobody knows what's going on in someone's mind and sadly it seems Joey had lots going on for many years.

So, give no fucks
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #4083 on: Saturday, February 19, 2022, 20:07:19 »

Sleep well JB.

50 aint much is it?  Sad

Meanwhile BBC Football are still frothing/wanking over Harry Kane's goals v Citeh  Crash

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'

Ignore
« Reply #4084 on: Saturday, February 19, 2022, 20:08:26 »

Looking back now...94/95...playing for Oxford, Swindon were desperate to sign him, he went to West Ham...got homesick, everyone's thinking 'crybaby Beauchamp' etc...Swindon and West Ham managed to manufacture a move that meant we could afford him (Whitbread went the other way) and still he wasn't happy and went back to Oxford. It was all too easy to rip the piss out of the 'Mummy's boy"....

Through slightly more informed eyes (hopefully)...I would say it's pretty clear there were some issues there which at the time, were never going to be addressed...

Joey Beauchamp was a fantastic footballer who, sadly, didn't come close to realising his potential. Tragic.

Agree with this. You've nailed it.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4085 on: Saturday, February 19, 2022, 20:33:36 »

That's terrible news. RIP Joey Beauchamp  Sad
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #4086 on: Saturday, February 19, 2022, 20:35:09 »

Great moment today when our crowd sang in memory of Steve Finney, and Carlisle fans joined in and applauded.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4087 on: Saturday, February 19, 2022, 20:35:19 »

RIP Joey you yellow piss stain legend.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #4088 on: Saturday, February 19, 2022, 20:46:17 »

It's only just made article number/thumbnail 17 on BBC Football website (second to last on their "Top Stories" columns, just above "More Top Stories"  Crash

Whilst I don't expect it to push to the very top. Considering that it is a suicide you'd think the BBC would've pushed it up a bit further (maybe in their top 9) to bring more prominence.

I'm sure Colin Murray will make good reference to it in a little while on Quest. As well as do a good of it at the same time.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Crackity Jones

« Reply #4089 on: Saturday, February 19, 2022, 20:46:26 »

Absolutely spot on.

I was about to post about the 80's/90's being a different time, but I stopped myself because even today, someone feels their only option is to take their own life. Tragic and heartbreaking. RIP Joey.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #4090 on: Saturday, February 19, 2022, 21:02:06 »

RIP Joey.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #4091 on: Saturday, February 19, 2022, 21:02:52 »

Horrible news.  Genuinely shocked.  RIP.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #4092 on: Saturday, February 19, 2022, 21:18:03 »

Tragic. Never popular here although I saw him put in 2 quality performances for us at home v Wolves and away v Charlton in a second leg League cup tie monumental come back. RIP

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Cheltred

Ignore
« Reply #4093 on: Saturday, February 19, 2022, 21:19:20 »

Let's hope all Town fans respect a minutes applause/silence on Tuesday or Saturday.
Yes at times like this rivalry is forgotten. Absolutely awful news
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #4094 on: Saturday, February 19, 2022, 21:22:50 »

Yes at times like this rivalry is forgotten. Absolutely awful news

Agreed.

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 272 [273] 274 275 276 ... 340   Go Up
Print
Jump to: