Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Stockport game  (Read 12542 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Thursday, January 8, 2009, 13:14:15 »

http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10341~1512709,00.html

A pitch inspection has been called for 12pm on Friday to assess the playing surface at The County Ground prior to Saturday's proposed fixture with Stockport County.

The inspection has been called after the recent freezing temperatures have raised doubt over whether the game can go ahead.

Should the game not go ahead on Saturday, then both clubs have agreed to play the game on Tuesday 13th January 2009 with a 7.45pm kick-off.

^^^^^ Now with added Dell proof highlights ^^^^
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 8, 2009, 13:28:31 by Batch » Logged
dell boy

« Reply #91 on: Thursday, January 8, 2009, 13:21:55 »

Cant find an update on the state of the pitch anywhere or if there will be inspection Thursday, Friday or Saturday morning ...

I live only 50 odd miles east of Swindon and there is no frost in the ground whatsoever here, so can anyone update.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Thursday, January 8, 2009, 13:22:48 »

look a post up!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Thursday, January 8, 2009, 13:24:39 »

It's off then isn't it

**he says hoping that's the case as I've just agreed to go down to Cornwall this weekend**
dell boy

« Reply #94 on: Thursday, January 8, 2009, 13:25:08 »

look a post up!
Embarrassed
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Thursday, January 8, 2009, 13:56:47 »

stfc are obviously not expecting the game to go ahead as they have already re-arranged for Tues, but just have to go through the proper channels.

I expect Wilson is desperate for the game to go ahead though.
lambourn red

« Reply #96 on: Thursday, January 8, 2009, 14:54:49 »

Another game on mine and the kids ST missed working in Manchester for the next 3 weeks, the strange thing is it is relatively mild up here no forst for a couple of days is it still frozen down South ?
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Thursday, January 8, 2009, 14:57:32 »

It's currently thawing out down here LR, but the groundsman said the frost was pretty severe in some areas of the pitch.  Think the problem will be it's gonna freeze again tonight, and not warm up enough in the day to properly defrost the surface.  I think it's gonna be a chilly one on friday night too, which ain't gonna help.

fatbury

« Reply #98 on: Thursday, January 8, 2009, 15:05:09 »

Calling a game off Saturday afternoon in the hope it will be better on a Tuesday evening (the cold snap isnt going away next week according to Met Office) means that Tuesday will probably be called off as well.  Just postpone it until March!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Thursday, January 8, 2009, 15:34:53 »

Calling a game off Saturday afternoon in the hope it will be better on a Tuesday evening (the cold snap isnt going away next week according to Met Office) means that Tuesday will probably be called off as well.  Just postpone it until March!
incorrect. The met office say it will warm up significantly from sunday onwards.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Thursday, January 8, 2009, 16:16:43 »

The problem I expect as normal will be down by the DR stand as the roof keeps it shaded so it won't thaw as quick as the rest of the pitch
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Thursday, January 8, 2009, 16:46:18 »

Well the snow and ice seems to have melted round these parts. I don't know what the CG pitch is like and has been said there is the issue of the DRS. Yesterday they were looking at calling it off tonight or tomorrow so maybe a midday inspection means there could be some hope.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Thursday, January 8, 2009, 16:48:14 »

The problem I expect as normal will be down by the DR stand as the roof keeps it shaded so it won't thaw as quick as the rest of the pitch
Haven't noticed enough bright sunshine for this to make a difference to be honest Ptp

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Thursday, January 8, 2009, 16:49:22 »

on a more positive note I have enough lifeguards for my party!  woooo
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Friday, January 9, 2009, 08:42:48 »

So judging by what it looks like outside, I'd say it's 100% off.

I must have looked a right mincer walking into work today, my shoe have zero grip and it was like walking on an ice rink this morning.

Please note I don't work at the link centre in the ice skate hire booth, I just mean it's slippy outside!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: