Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Danny Wilson - New Swindon Manager?  (Read 4976 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 09:09:54 »

(I think I've written this before) but it's an interesting fact that the first living person to be mentioned in a Beatles song was....

Mr Wilson.

Second was Mr Heath, but don't think Colin's ready for a managerial role just yet.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 09:10:20 »

Did you eat it or was it a empty promise
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 09:14:00 »

(I think I've written this before) but it's an interesting fact that the first living person to be mentioned in a Beatles song was....

Mr Wilson.

Second was Mr Heath, but don't think Colin's ready for a managerial role just yet.

I don't think you've written it here before as it is interesting....I thought Mr Kite wa about an American golfer.
Gazette - Iain

« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 09:16:50 »

I was going to post this yesterday but didn't get round to it -

http://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/sport/3996364.Staunton_a_surprise_contender_for_Swindon_s_top_job/

- some updates from Andrew Fitton and Nick Watkins.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 09:18:06 »

I nearly corrected you there reg, i really should not be so anal about the beatles
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 09:18:39 »

For the benefit of Tom Kite eh???  That song contains my surname Reg, although I don't think John had the pleasure of meeting my clan before he wrote "the Hendersons will all be there". 

Also wasn't the Sgt Pepper album released after Revolver?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 09:22:24 »

For the benefit of Tom Kite eh???  That song contains my surname Reg, although I don't think John had the pleasure of meeting my clan before he wrote "the Hendersons will all be there". 

Also wasn't the Sgt Pepper album released after Revolver?

Yeah...certainly was....know what I was talking bollocks.

I suppose  Eleanor Rigby was dead..doesn't Duncan Mackenzie get a shout in there?
« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 09:25:39 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Lumps

« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 09:25:03 »

Wilson is experienced...a patchy record, but it does include keeping the Dongs up when going there in December when they were in the bottom 3.  It was the following season he took them down.

They would have gone down that first season but Wrexham went into receivership and had a 10 point deduction imposed.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 09:26:25 »

I wonder who was the third living person mentioned in one of their songs?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 09:28:43 »

They would have gone down that first season but Wrexham went into receivership and had a 10 point deduction imposed.

I'm sensing here you're not a Wilson man...nowt wrong with riding your luck, who knows maybe someone will go tits up this season and keep us up.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 09:32:31 »

Did you eat it or was it a empty promise

Yes, I'm walking around on a stump now.
Lumps

« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 09:33:24 »

I'm sensing here you're not a Wilson man...nowt wrong with riding your luck, who knows maybe someone will go tits up this season and keep us up.

Hmmmmm. I'm not really that comfortable with relying on it as a strategy. Could we just win a few more games instead?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 09:37:19 »

Hmmmmm. I'm not really that comfortable with relying on it as a strategy. Could we just win a few more games instead?

Unlikely have you seen our sack of shit lately...I suppose Wilson might bring in Monkhouse...and the two brick shit house centre halves who look like they're out of Right Said Fred.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 09:38:13 »

Cox tore those centre backs apart in the 3-3 draw up here. Twas a pleasure to watch (for 50 minutes anyway)
lambourn red

« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 09:54:05 »

He's managed at this level twice; four years with Bristol City, at the end of which he left them where he found them, still at this level, and the job at Hartlepool he just got sacked from. Now I'll admit the Hartlepool sacking seems a bit premature, but that's hardly a sparkling record is it?

Apart from taking Barnsley to the Prem for the first time in their history and getting Hartlepool promoted at the first attempt from league 2 and getting Brizzle Shitty to the play offs twice I think.

He has managed in all 4 divisions , he likes to bring through youth and plays attacking football the right way and is loyal looks like he ticks all Fittons boxes for me.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: