Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: one name and one name only  (Read 5074 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 09:52:07 »

There's no such thing as a long term appointment.
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 10:04:02 »

There's no such thing as a long term appointment.

Hence the quotation marks.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 10:08:08 »

I'm going to be all optimistic and say Hockaday with Burkinshaw an experience number two. If it was to work out as it could, it would be one of the greatest advances ever made by mankind, just ahead of the moon landings, fire and the wheel, but slightly behind beer.

Happy now Lumps?
« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 11:19:44 by A Gent Orange » Logged
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 11:07:09 »

I'm surprised we haven't made more of an effort to tempt Tisdale here. If Fitton wants an ambitious young manager with something to prove who can work with young players and believes passionately in developing the youth for the long term benefit of the club then why not go for one with about five promotions on his CV already? We ought to be able to present him with a business model that displays greater potential for improvement than Exeter. And he lives pretty local too.

Having said all that my one name has always been Calderwood, although if I was Fitton I may well have phoned Ian Holloway on Saturday night and asked him to start in the morning. We need something to happen.
dell boy

« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 11:11:03 »

How about Pardew,  I doubt if any sides from the Prem or Championship would be interested in him with his record over the last couple of seasons so Div 1 is probably the best on offer for him.

I rated him as a manager, think he's been a bit unlucky overall.
Lumps

« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 11:17:16 »

I'm going to be all optimistic and say Hockaday with Burkinshaw. If it was to work out as it could, it would be one of the greatest advances ever made by mankind, just ahead of the moon landings, fire and the wheel, but slightly behind beer.

That's two names you cheating fucker!
normy

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 11:24:44 »

Danny Wilson, experienced and a good man manager apparently, he did well with City for a long time.

ust be the oldest
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 14:06:22 »

I'd go for Pardew, had a fairly decent record at Reading and did a job at West Ham just didn't really go right at Charlton, but I think he could build his reputation back up at Swindon.

I would not be surprised though to see Macalister roll up in Jan though
Dazzza

« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 14:16:08 »

As unrealistic as it maybe Billy Davies would be my first shout off the available list.

Cracking record at Deepdale and the phenomenal success he had at Derby in such a short space of time pretty much led to his downfall.

If we’re poaching someone already employed then realistically it would be Tisdale.

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, December 23, 2008, 15:21:57 »

I'd love it to be Tisdale or Hockaday. I know that's two names but I care little for your "rules".
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: