Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: If Cox goes in January  (Read 18211 times)
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Wednesday, November 12, 2008, 19:25:07 »

face or tits ?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #106 on: Wednesday, November 12, 2008, 19:26:46 »

Back.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Wednesday, November 12, 2008, 19:40:17 »

yep

good shout
RedRedRobin

« Reply #108 on: Thursday, November 13, 2008, 12:04:07 »

Boo sipie beat me to typing this out but I'll post it anyway.

Do you not see the problems with all the if's in your optomistic masterplan RRR? Even by your thinking it requires:

Cox to stay fit until the end of next season.
Cox to stay in the same vain of form until the end of next season.
Cox willing to stay if a big club comes in (I don't think he'd be ignored if he requested a move, unhappy players tend to be shit anyway)
Cox signing a contract extension (also pretty unlikely, if he doesn't he'll only have a year left on his contract.)
The club being willing to turn down large offers for cox (We're still going to be a selling club)

Even then I doubt we'd get 5 million at the end of 09/10 without these extra things happening...
Promotion this year.
Cox being top scorer in the championship next year.
     All good and persuasive points as I think are Si Pies.

However, I believe very strongly in Cox's abilities as I do in AF's.  I do not think this is an impossible scenario. It is a matter of opinion with me and not really capable of proof at this stage except to say that Cox is always trying to improve his game and is a real winner and AF hit the ground running, knows what he wants with the club and is nowbodies fool. Records are there to be broken and both these people are well above run of the mill. There are already large clubs out there who are showing an interest in Cox it is rumoured and I expect this to gather apace if we can hang on to him.

By the way not wishing to be in any way patronising Ben and Si Pie, but thanks for your well thought out replies.
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Wednesday, November 19, 2008, 23:04:37 »

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11719_4520693,00.html

Sky are off again about Cox, basically saying that he's off in Jan, even though the man himself doesnt really mention anything concrete himself...
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Wednesday, November 19, 2008, 23:15:28 »

That article just says he will decide whether or not he should move if the option is made available to him. About as 'non story' as it gets
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Wednesday, November 19, 2008, 23:23:26 »

I would be very disheartened if he left in january after Nick Watkins comments this week at the trust meeting.

For now I trust the board in what they say and believe Cox will stay.
DMR

« Reply #112 on: Thursday, November 20, 2008, 00:27:27 »

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11719_4520693,00.html

Sky are off again about Cox, basically saying that he's off in Jan, even though the man himself doesnt really mention anything concrete himself...

It doesn't say that at all mate. Are you special or what?
Danjackson10

« Reply #113 on: Thursday, November 20, 2008, 02:53:29 »

if cox goes injanuary ill suck my own cox
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Thursday, November 20, 2008, 03:25:08 »

Listening to Nick Watkins on Monday I am pretty confident that Cox is going no where at present unless a silly bid of £3,000,000 (i think that was the figure mentioned) or so is put in which it won't be.
The point is he is worth what ever someone is willing to pay & our board is willing to accept. They won't accept anything less than top dollar.
David Byrne also said that Cox himself is loving it with us as he is playing every game & scoring too. He'd sign a new contract no question. The only thing is a new contract will cost the club a lot more in wages than his current one.

From the Dark Side
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Thursday, November 20, 2008, 08:06:26 »

It doesn't say that at all mate. Are you special or what?

Errrmmm... I know thats the point I was making, a real non-story so why do they bother?

Well yes, my wife and dog think I'm special...... and thats about all.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #116 on: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 20:47:19 »

hmmmm now maybe puting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 BUT Everton are on the look out for a striker now with Yakubu out injured until the end of the season.

Ok they could bring back James Beattie who is at Sheff United but David Moyes seems keen to look at our players. Likely through Paul Sturrock though, Lukas Jutkiewicz, Peter Brezovan being the 2 that stand out (and probably only 2), any chance of Cox going to Everton? STUPID Post no doubt but logical?

I don;t think Moyes has looked at any of our squad since Sturrock left admittedly.
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 20:58:42 by STFC_Gazza » Logged
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 20:57:35 »

If ime right Cox would only go if he was playing...or he wouldve stayed at Reading and been in the prem soon anyway.....my feeling is if a top manager like Pearce comes here then he will stay a while...if not probably a move to a biggish championship club with some money to burn....not a stupid post Gazza,but looking at Lucas Jukes lack of chances i cant see him going someware to warm the bench.
land_of_bo

« Reply #118 on: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 21:00:41 »

Behave Gazza

That's 2 + 2 = 43.1
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #119 on: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 21:02:00 »

If ime right Cox would only go if he was playing...or he wouldve stayed at Reading and been in the prem soon anyway.....my feeling is if a top manager like Pearce comes here then he will stay a while...if not probably a move to a biggish championship club with some money to burn....not a stupid post Gazza,but looking at Lucas Jukes lack of chances i cant see him going someware to warm the bench.

I think I used Everton as the example at Yakubu is out injured for the season, Saha is out for a couple of months as is  James Vaughan. Lukas may get a chance now but not sure.... Naturally Cox's next destination is likely the Championship. A team like Charlton could benefit with him, Someone mentioned Sheffield United, Him and Beattie would be a formidable partnership but are they too similar??? I guess as you say it depends who comes in to clear up the mess?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: