Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: If Cox goes in January  (Read 17281 times)
RedRedRobin

« on: Thursday, October 16, 2008, 21:41:36 »

If Cox goes in January we would probably be lucky to get half a mill for him.If he goes at the end of the season and gets close to 30 goals we should get one mill at least. At his current rate of scoring he would get more than 30 in a season.  If he stays until the end of next season and continues at his rate of scoring we could easily get 5 mill or more for him.

We will lose him with our present manager remaining in place and probably in January because Cox is ambitious and wants to play at least a level up. If we invested in a winning manager and got promoted we might well keep Cox and possibly beyond the end of next year.

Fitton's cost of keeping Malpas in place a moment longer is thus possibly at least £5,000,000 in respect of Cox alone apart from other considerations, like relegation and me having every other saturday ruined! Is Malpas worth this sort of premium? I do not think so.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, October 16, 2008, 21:42:30 »

I'll have what you're smoking please.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, October 16, 2008, 21:43:15 »

Ok
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, October 16, 2008, 21:43:32 »

if cox leaves in jan he will lose the use of his right fucking leg if the cunts ups and leaves and costs me my bet.
flammableBen

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, October 16, 2008, 21:45:11 »

I think your 5 million is a little optimistic.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, October 16, 2008, 21:48:14 »

the simple solution is to not accept any bids for him.
RedRedRobin

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, October 16, 2008, 21:49:26 »

It might be Ben but if he has scored 30 ish a season for 2 years it could be possible especially if he continues to improve his all round game.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, October 16, 2008, 21:50:16 »

2m as Crewe got for Maynard would be the best we'd get I'd imagine.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, October 16, 2008, 21:54:38 »

Malpas would have nothing to do with accepting or not accepting a bid for a player, that is the boards job so not really worth having a dig at Malpas over:-

A) Something that hasn't happened yet and;
B) Something that is out of his control.

No matter how well we do on the pitch, if a better offer comes in he'll want to go. With his current scoring form, his age and the length of his contract; any club that comes in for him in January will have to pay us big bucks and if the right offer comes in Fitton & co will accept. He's currently our only real asset, and considering we can't really generate any of our own revenue it is pretty likely that an offer of between £500,000 and £1M plus add ons will be accepted.

As for the last paragraph, I'll have some of what you're smoking please mate. Time to come back to the real world don't you think?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, October 16, 2008, 21:55:51 »

If he scores 30 we should make the playoffs at least...its a valid point though,if he hasnt got any silly clauses we should get big money for him.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, October 16, 2008, 21:56:22 »

Malpas would have nothing to do with accepting or not accepting a bid for a player, that is the boards job so not really worth having a dig at Malpas over:-

A) Something that hasn't happened yet and;
B) Something that is out of his control.

No matter how well we do on the pitch, if a better offer comes in he'll want to go. With his current scoring form, his age and the length of his contract; any club that comes in for him in January will have to pay us big bucks and if the right offer comes in Fitton & co will accept. He's currently our only real asset, and considering we can't really generate any of our own revenue it is pretty likely that an offer of between £500,000 and £1M plus add ons will be accepted.

As for the last paragraph, I'll have some of what you're smoking please mate. Time to come back to the real world don't you think?

Spot on - good reality check.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, October 16, 2008, 22:05:24 »

If he scores 30 we should make the playoffs at least...its a valid point though,if he hasnt got any silly clauses we should get big money for him.

We're not yet a quarter way through the season and he's on 7 goals. So let's say he continues at this rate, will probably finish on around 30 goals.

Trouble is we're 19th. I don't get where your play off assumption comes from, unless it's a bit tongue in cheek.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, October 16, 2008, 22:08:19 »

My assumption is that the defence can only get better....30 goals will get us in the playoffs.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #13 on: Thursday, October 16, 2008, 22:10:21 »

In that case I will have whatever you're smoking too.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, October 16, 2008, 22:14:05 »

Thing is sie lets put the manager issue asside...if we can turn our home form around even 50% and our away form continus we will fly up the league....if we can win 3 matches on the trot we will be on the verge of the playoffs...but then again have you got a light!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: