Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 ... 448   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Films films filmsy films.  (Read 1240896 times)
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #1350 on: Thursday, April 23, 2009, 22:54:02 »

"Views" is currently at 22,233.

When it gets to 22,244 (because technically I had to view this again to write this) then I have achieved Smiley
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #1351 on: Thursday, April 23, 2009, 23:08:31 »

Is it any good though?
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #1352 on: Thursday, April 23, 2009, 23:14:26 »

22,245 then.

It is reasonably good.

Probably worth watching for Rachel McAdams, who remains very fanciable. But then all the gains by casting her are almost entirely offset by Ben Affleck and his massive jaw being in it. I just cannot watch him and be convinced and actually found myself trying to gouge out my eyeballs when he was on-screen.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1353 on: Friday, April 24, 2009, 07:05:07 »

I watched Saw V last night. Not a patch on the first two films, but still clever nonetheless.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1354 on: Friday, April 24, 2009, 09:44:23 »

Watched a film called Outsourcing on HBO last night.

Its about an American that goes to India to train Indians to sell crappy American products.

Its kind of what I am doing but without the crappy American products and that I am not American.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #1355 on: Friday, April 24, 2009, 09:49:50 »

Watched a film called Outsourcing on HBO last night.

Its about an American that goes to India to train Indians to sell crappy American products.

Its kind of what I am doing but without the crappy American products and that I am not American.

I have people based offshore in india calling me at work with technical issues. Does the language barrier not frustrate you?

Also, no offence to anyone indian but the accent grates on me a bit sometimes.  Hmmm...
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #1356 on: Friday, April 24, 2009, 09:54:58 »

I have people based offshore in india calling me at work with technical issues. Does the language barrier not frustrate you?

Also, no offence to anyone indian but the accent grates on me a bit sometimes.  Hmmm...

To be honest its much easier speaking face to face than over the phone so I don't really have many problems. I have been here since the middle of January so have got used to the accent.

The one thing that is kind of annoying is the Auto Rick drivers who haven't got the faintest idea where they are going in their own city! The fact they speak barely any English is an understandable challenge but the good ones who take me where I ask without trying to get me to go to their family's shops always get a nice tip from me and you get a geniune good feeling when you see the smile on their faces as these people earn an absolute pittance.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #1357 on: Friday, April 24, 2009, 09:59:58 »

To be honest its much easier speaking face to face than over the phone so I don't really have many problems. I have been here since the middle of January so have got used to the accent.

The one thing that is kind of annoying is the Auto Rick drivers who haven't got the faintest idea where they are going in their own city! The fact they speak barely any English is an understandable challenge but the good ones who take me where I ask without trying to get me to go to their family's shops always get a nice tip from me and you get a geniune good feeling when you see the smile on their faces as these people earn an absolute pittance.

Also - as outsourcing is to save the company money in wages does that mean theres a huge gap in wages between you and the people directly under you as you are on a UK salary (and probably a good one seeing as you have to travel to offshore) and they are on an indian salary (altho its probably good by their standards).
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #1358 on: Friday, April 24, 2009, 10:07:03 »

Also - as outsourcing is to save the company money in wages does that mean theres a huge gap in wages between you and the people directly under you as you are on a UK salary (and probably a good one seeing as you have to travel to offshore) and they are on an indian salary (altho its probably good by their standards).

Well I am actually on a Luxembourg salary and benefits which is way better than the UK for a start.

I have heard what an Indian salary is and their benefits are terribly poor for UK and Lux standards (maybe about 3-4k Euro a year) but bearing in mind the extremely low cost of living in India its not so bad but they are taken advantage of - for example some of them have to come into work this weekend and won't get paid overtime for it which I think is shocking and bearing in mind these people live pretty far away from Bangalore and use the weekend to visit their families as well which makes it worse.

I believe that the company is saving something like a million dollars per person per year for outsourcing to India. 

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #1359 on: Friday, April 24, 2009, 21:13:28 »

i just went to the cinema to watch gran torino as it had good reviews on imdb.

boy, was i disappointed Sad

awful acting, poor screenplay, no clear idea of plot development... frustrating though because it had it's moments.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #1360 on: Monday, April 27, 2009, 08:51:51 »

Watched half of Super Troopers last night.

Was amusing enough and made me chuckle in places.

Spy

Ignore
« Reply #1361 on: Monday, April 27, 2009, 09:23:18 »

I bought and watched London to Brighton at the weekend. It was one of the bleakest if not the bleakest thing I've ever watched.

All the characters were so hopeless, it was well acted and it was done in this gritty social realism style that meant it seemed much more real than some ridiculously plotted horror film.
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #1362 on: Monday, April 27, 2009, 16:18:36 »

I saw Happy go lucky recently,didn't enjoy it,although i adore Sally Hawkins it just seemed far too pleased with itself.

The Orphanage on the other hand was something else.Brilliant film,involving,complex,emotional and most importantly very, very scary.My other half had to have a beer to calm his nerves.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #1363 on: Monday, April 27, 2009, 16:32:05 »

I watched the History Boys last night and it was okay.

I thought it was boring and played on the all boys grammar school gay thing too much.
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #1364 on: Monday, April 27, 2009, 16:38:22 »

I thought it was boring and played on the all boys grammar school gay thing too much.
Oh my,what an awful film that is!Not at all funny and very,very gay.Disturbingly so really,they are supposed to be young lads after all.Think Alan Bennett let his wank fantasies get out of hand.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 ... 448   Go Up
Print
Jump to: