Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 ... 448   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Films films filmsy films.  (Read 1241185 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1260 on: Friday, April 3, 2009, 17:42:17 »

Has anyone seen the recent(ish) "The Hills have eyes" 1 & 2? Nearly bought the box set for £4.99 today. Are these two films any good?
flammableBen

« Reply #1261 on: Saturday, April 4, 2009, 02:37:32 »

Watched a few films over the last couple of days. Misery - which was ace. Raising Arizona - which about 3/4trs of the way through I realised I didn't really care what happened so my boredom made us turn it off. Alien - which I've seen hundreds of times and is still ace. And Flash Gordon - which I hadn't seen for years and has left me craving more camp sci-fi - any suggestions?
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #1262 on: Saturday, April 4, 2009, 08:02:45 »

Peresopolis was great, really interesting and some beautiful animation. 7/10
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #1263 on: Saturday, April 4, 2009, 08:08:33 »

I watched Elegy last night, based on the Philip Roth book, it's a bit slow to get going (first hour) but it's worth it in the end.

Ben Kingsley pulls off another great performance, he does seem to do a wide variety of characters very easily. Not too sure about Penelope Cruz playing opposite him, didn't really believe her character's actions.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #1264 on: Saturday, April 4, 2009, 08:09:55 »

Also watched Leatherheads, directed by george Clooney, not so good.

Has renee zellweger in it, I'm disliking her more and more, haven't liked her in a film since Me, myself and Irene.
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #1265 on: Monday, April 6, 2009, 13:38:38 »

Saw The damned united.Twas good,not amazing.Sheen was brilliant as usual.
Still left the cinema feeling slightly underwhelmed though.Don't know why but football films just don't seem to work.They did a good job of portraying the relationship between Clough and Taylor and it was affecting but i suppose because you know the outcome [Clough/Taylor lead Forest to glory and Don Revie ends up selling out to the Arabs] it loses a bit of its power.Plus its nothing compared to watching one of my fellas football videos from that era.

Having said all that Clough is a legend and it was good to see Taylor getting some credit which he doesn't always get,so all in all an ok watch  Smiley

The wig on the actor who played Billy Bremner was dodgy,Bremner wasn't blond was he  Huh? He was far to Scottish to be blond!!

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #1266 on: Monday, April 6, 2009, 13:43:46 »

Watched a few films over the last couple of days. Misery - which was ace. Raising Arizona - which about 3/4trs of the way through I realised I didn't really care what happened so my boredom made us turn it off. Alien - which I've seen hundreds of times and is still ace. And Flash Gordon - which I hadn't seen for years and has left me craving more camp sci-fi - any suggestions?
  Barbarella, cant get any stranger than that.
flammableBen

« Reply #1267 on: Monday, April 6, 2009, 13:48:25 »

Ooh I'd forgotten about Barbarella. Haven't watched it for ages.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1268 on: Monday, April 6, 2009, 19:36:06 »

Not a film but a complete series "LOST IN SPACE" (I am referring to the 1960's version) Alien
« Last Edit: Monday, April 6, 2009, 19:42:26 by 4D » Logged
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #1269 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2009, 09:04:08 »

xtro. it had the added bonus of being a video nasty...
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #1270 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2009, 09:09:08 »

Having said all that Clough is a legend and it was good to see Taylor getting some credit which he doesn't always get,so all in all an ok watch  Smiley

I was glad Taylor got some credit too, people forget about his contribution, he was vital for Clough's success.  Together they would gave been bloody great for England.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #1271 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2009, 12:48:08 »

Saw The damned united.Twas good,not amazing.Sheen was brilliant as usual.
Still left the cinema feeling slightly underwhelmed though.Don't know why but football films just don't seem to work.They did a good job of portraying the relationship between Clough and Taylor and it was affecting but i suppose because you know the outcome [Clough/Taylor lead Forest to glory and Don Revie ends up selling out to the Arabs] it loses a bit of its power.Plus its nothing compared to watching one of my fellas football videos from that era.

You've just spoilt the plot for me now. Thanks!  Angry
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1272 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2009, 12:55:19 »

So far this week I've watched Rocknrolla, Untraceable and The Last Boy Scout. All bearable but nothing brilliant.

Coming up next I have The Recruit and Burn After Reading.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #1273 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2009, 13:52:56 »

Seen Taken, this week, good 1st half to the film, but then its all bang bang, kick, punch for the rest could have been better, and maybe the extended version is, 6/10, and Transiberian, about 4 westerners on the foresaid train with a dodgy kgb(ish) cop in the shape of ben Kingsleybefriending! them, again another 6/10.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #1274 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2009, 13:56:07 »

Tomorrow I'm going to see Paul Merton talk about some of his favourite pre-talkie films + a couple of screenings. Looking forward to it.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 ... 448   Go Up
Print
Jump to: