Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 448   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Films films filmsy films.  (Read 1240610 times)
lebowski

« Reply #90 on: Saturday, July 5, 2008, 20:22:45 »

Predator trivia: Jesse Ventura was delighted to find out from the wardrobe department that his arms were 1" bigger than Arnold Schwarzenegger's. He suggested to Schwarzenegger that they measure arms, with the winner getting a bottle of champagne. Ventura lost because Schwarzenegger had told the wardrobe department to tell Ventura that his arms were bigger.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093773/trivia

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Saturday, July 5, 2008, 20:59:48 »

Quote from: "suttonred"
I've got monday off and have bought a box set for £6 today with Terminator, Commando, and Predator, that should do nicely.

where? i want!
Rich Pullen

« Reply #92 on: Saturday, July 5, 2008, 21:04:51 »

Quote from: "arriba"
I've got monday off and have bought a box set for £6 today with Terminator, Commando, and Predator, that should do nicely.

where? i want!

HMV has a Schwarzenegger trio boxset on offer... Not sure if it's that one... Working for HMV and being in charge on DVD's I really should know. Meh.

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Saturday, July 5, 2008, 21:06:33 »

seen all three movies numerous times.but terminator and predator are up their in my all time favs, so for that price i'll buy.got them on video but not dvd
sonic youth

« Reply #94 on: Saturday, July 5, 2008, 21:17:52 »

this week i watched.
the negotiator, which i liked.
the siege, which was average at best.
and sin city, which was a pile of stinking horse shit.

you should write for total film.

Quote from: "lebowski"
I have Zodiac to watch tonight but am ever so slightly intimidated by it's nigh-on-3hour running time.

i was put off by it's running time as well, though i found it engrossing enough that i didn't get impatient. nicely paced.

i just re-watched no country for old men, it really is a truly masterful piece of cinema. my parents weren't impressed with the ending though...

bought a few films this week:

- no country for old men
- walk the line
- the lives of others
- goodbye bafana
- the last king of scotland
- inland empire
Rich Pullen

« Reply #95 on: Saturday, July 5, 2008, 21:28:42 »

Why do so many people have a gripe with the conclusion of No Country For Old Men? When leaving the cinema I heard more than few people complaining about it.

I for one was disappointed there wasn't a Michael Bay explosion that kills the entire cast while the farmer from the movie "Babe" enters clutching a machine gun and chomping a cigar - he then declares "that'll do Pig, that'll do".

Hmmm it's so absurd it might just work.

Dear Universal Studios....

:scribe:
sonic youth

« Reply #96 on: Saturday, July 5, 2008, 21:30:31 »

it's subtle. people don't like subtlely as an ending, they want closure.

personally i think the ending makes perfect sense, although it took a little while for it to sink in.

i like your ending though.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #97 on: Saturday, July 5, 2008, 21:35:57 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
it's subtle. people don't like subtlely as an ending, they want closure.

personally i think the ending makes perfect sense, although it took a little while for it to sink in.

It was a brilliant - it was true to the book.

There Will Be Blood is out of Montag - which I enjoyed, it was a bit of a slog to begin with but it was a brilliant film.

Recent film I loved was the Spanish film The Orphange. It was just amazing.

http://thevoidmovies.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/orphanage.jpg
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Saturday, July 5, 2008, 23:38:10 »

i watched 'The Cleaner' tonite, with samuel l jackson, eva mendez (swoon!) and ed harris. quite good, the usual film twist at the end which i'd guessed anyways, but i enjoyed it.

and then just watched 'reign of fire' on bbc1. seen it before, dont quite know why i watched it again, but i like dragons Tongue

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Sunday, July 6, 2008, 06:37:31 »

where? i want!
Got it in Morrisons, also got an 80's one with Ferris Bueller, and planes, trains and automobiles + two others for the same price.

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Sunday, July 6, 2008, 09:48:52 »

where? i want!
Got it in Morrisons, also got an 80's one with Ferris Bueller, and planes, trains and automobiles + two others for the same price.

cheers.i'll take a look when in the area
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Sunday, July 6, 2008, 11:54:30 »

Last night I watched I Could Never Be Your Woman (my missus' choice) which was pretty shit.

Then I watched Jumper which was pretty cool.

Tonight I have No Country For Old Men.
Lumps

« Reply #102 on: Thursday, July 10, 2008, 17:41:18 »

Tonight I have No Country For Old Men.

Now thats a film
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Thursday, July 10, 2008, 18:14:14 »

Last night I watched 3.10 to Yuma, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Tonight I will be at the pub..........

It's All Good..............
Dazzza

« Reply #104 on: Thursday, July 10, 2008, 19:05:48 »

Saw Collateral last night on Film 4 and thought it was a class act from Micchael Mann.

Loved the moment when the Coyotes/Wolves cross the road and everything just stops and Max snaps out of his trance and the  final look on Vincent's much at the end when he realises whet he's done.

Not normally one for Cruise the bum surfer's films but he wasn't bad in that at all.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 448   Go Up
Print
Jump to: