Pages: 1 ... 3748 3749 3750 [3751] 3752 3753 3754 ... 3983   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9136346 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #56250 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 08:29:00 »

Nixon’s Patreon:

SWINDON: Braced for bids for midfielder Khan. PORTSMOUTH, BARNSLEY, BRISTOL ROVERS all keen. Player in last year of contract, club working on replacement before agreeing any departure.

Nixon has a patreon, world gone mad, what does it give you, him being a condescending arse with half arsed information about lower league clubs, but without the ads?

I suppose we need to take account of how many games Khan will likely miss due to international call ups plus suspensions, if Gambia make it to the AFCON assume he will be terrified of getting injured in the autumn then missing for most of January.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #56251 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 08:33:22 »

From those stats looks like Hutton has been unlucky to only get the one assist. Still creates the vast majority of our chances.

I suppose the issue is are the chances he creates now the type that suit the way we play, the only game I have seen in detail was the FGR one and whilst Hutton was banging it into the box and thus creating 'chances' there was only Austin in there and they tended to be in places where Austin was either being marked out of the game (cos Kemp and Young tended to be out the box or in the channels so it was 2 on 1) or at the back post where all he could do was actually head back across to no one as both Young and Kemp are not really fox in the box players?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #56252 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 08:33:29 »

From those stats looks like Hutton has been unlucky to only get the one assist. Still creates the vast majority of our chances.

Yeah, his xA (I'm sure such things exist!) must be much higher, but there are more assists being generated through the centre of our team now, so it's a choose your own adventure thing. As I've said a few times, a team with a properly big striker or two plus Hutton would be... good. Paul Sturrock would have loved him.

Khan's international commitments do complicate this - if he's away for Afcon and a few qualifiers, we'd need cover anyway.

I guess we'll see what happens today!
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #56253 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 08:35:31 »

Nixon’s Patreon:

SWINDON: Braced for bids for midfielder Khan. PORTSMOUTH, BARNSLEY, BRISTOL ROVERS all keen. Player in last year of contract, club working on replacement before agreeing any departure.

I don’t think that’s real (could be wrong), the account that posted it has form for trolling and making similar fake Nixon patreon tweets in the past.

That’s the issue with his stuff being behind a paywall now is that people can make realistic looking fakes with no way to verify without paying.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #56254 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 08:36:59 »

Nixon’s Patreon:

Its not on there
adje

Ignore
« Reply #56255 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 08:42:14 »

Assists and goal contributions are not necessarily the same thing are they? I believe an assist is purely the last person to touch the ball before the scorer I think

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #56256 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 08:42:57 »

Assists and goal contributions are not necessarily the same thing are they? I believe an assist is purely the last person to touch the ball before the scorer I'm led to believe.

Is goal contributions not goals + assists?
adje

Ignore
« Reply #56257 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 08:44:38 »

Is goal contributions not goals + assists?
Well I'm not sure but what I'm saying is that a player can make a key contribution to a goal without officially being given an assist

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Anonymous77

Ignore
« Reply #56258 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 08:49:20 »

We are one of three clubs looking at De Havilland on loan from Posh…
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #56259 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 08:51:14 »

Well I'm not sure but what I'm saying is that a player can make a key contribution to a goal without officially being given an assist

Oh sorry, I thought you were referring to a particular stat. In which case you're absolutely right, the "pass before the assist" which is often the most important one can get lost in those sorts of stats - it's also what Jonny Williams was good at!

Young's hat-trick against Crawley is a good example - the last pass is the square ball from Kemp but Hutton's pass through to Kemp beforehand is arguably more key in setting up the chance.
Kaufman

Ignore
« Reply #56260 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 08:53:19 »

This is a rumour thread so may as well post that a twitter guy has posted shade off to Grimsby till Jan.
I’m gonna be sick and tired by supporters making stuff up today but…it’s technically a rumour
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #56261 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 08:54:26 »

I don’t think that’s real (could be wrong), the account that posted it has form for trolling and making similar fake Nixon patreon tweets in the past.

That’s the issue with his stuff being behind a paywall now is that people can make realistic looking fakes with no way to verify without paying.

This was from the same fella who made all the shit up about what was said at the fans forum.
Kaufman

Ignore
« Reply #56262 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 08:59:48 »

This was from the same fella who made all the shit up about what was said at the fans forum.

I’m happy I blocked him after I fell for his antics that last time.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #56263 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 09:00:23 »

Its not on there
What’s the point of that? There sure is surfeit of loons about these days.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #56264 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 09:01:11 »

We are one of three clubs looking at De Havilland on loan from Posh…
He’ll arrive by plane, no doubt.
Pages: 1 ... 3748 3749 3750 [3751] 3752 3753 3754 ... 3983   Go Up
Print
Jump to: