Pages: 1 ... 3350 3351 3352 [3353] 3354 3355 3356 ... 3970   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8937791 times)
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #50280 on: Monday, January 23, 2023, 18:03:10 »

Absolutely no way we are done in the window. I wouldn't listen to SDM

Yeh I don’t think we are either. The less SDM speaks, the better.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #50281 on: Monday, January 23, 2023, 18:04:47 »

Defo have a lot of centre mids, but I’d love to see a more defensive minded player come through the door.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #50282 on: Monday, January 23, 2023, 18:31:12 »

Quote from: DMC

fair enough.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #50283 on: Monday, January 23, 2023, 18:33:04 »

Defo have a lot of centre mids, but I’d love to see a more defensive minded player come through the door.

All depends on shape we play right.

Gunning started a 4231 in his one game so far. And had Iandolo and Khan as the 2. Who else do we have there? Cain, Aguiar out on loan, and Gladwin who i'm not sure about in a 2 man midfield. In a three Gladwin works great.

So for a double pivot assuming Cain has something, its just him and Khan in my eyes.
DMC

« Reply #50284 on: Monday, January 23, 2023, 18:37:01 »

We are a funny bunch us football fans. Sandro whatever he says the fans have been screaming all season that he talks utter bollocks and to not believe him, the minute he says no more signings his word is gospel
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #50285 on: Monday, January 23, 2023, 18:42:00 »

I would guess somewhere between £50,000 - £75,000

Chris Kamara Portsmouth to Swindon £14k - 1977.
Absolute steal and what a time to be alive.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #50286 on: Monday, January 23, 2023, 18:47:23 »

Quote from: DMC
We are a funny bunch us football fans. Sandro whatever he says the fans have been screaming all season that he talks utter bollocks and to not believe him, the minute he says no more signings his word is gospel

there was a fairly big outcry because people did believe what he said (and didn't say).

But yes, adding that to the *rumours* of Gladwin and MacDonald possibly following Reed (big earners) thenn it's easy to draw the conclusion the budget is tight  - especially given the squad size

luckily whatever conclusive we draw are more that likely utter bollocks
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #50287 on: Monday, January 23, 2023, 19:06:24 »

I  have no idea if Ralphy (not of TEF fame) speaks bollocks or not, but it's not a long tale to suggest we might be at or around the wage budget.  We signed Austin and Cain and sold Reed.  In the summer, we may not have brought in great players (in my personal opinion) or anyone of real high value, but we did bring in a LOT of players.  It would not surprise me if we had to ship out to get in now and doing so may be a good thing.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #50288 on: Monday, January 23, 2023, 20:13:28 »

I agree. But I also think it's no reason for people to get on his back. It seems to happen a bit too easily these days.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #50289 on: Monday, January 23, 2023, 22:36:05 »

I agree. But I also think it's no reason for people to get on his back. It seems to happen a bit too easily these days.

Tbf, he kind of put a pretty big rod there himself. I still don't particularly like him...but at the same time I can separate that in not liking him, it doesn't mean I think he can't do a job at using data to find rough diamonds/hidden gems. What I don't particularly like is the waffle he scoffs when talking about the hunt for a manager because he does come across as a billy bullshitter with no real clue.

As others have said, he's probably better off at sticking to focussing on the data (with regards to player targets) rather than having as much media presence as he's had; which imo is too much for a data analyst.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #50290 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2023, 00:56:58 »

Difficult to say what sort of players we need. It’s all relative to what formation / tactics the new manager wants to play.
Also need to see what current players are capable of.

I don’t think we have any glaring holes other than back up goal keeper. Think we have players for all the other positions - whether they are the right players specifically for the new manager still remains to be seen (obviously)

Plus, there will be players we still don’t know enough about.

A month ago under Lindsey playing 433 I’d have said we were crying out for wide strikers but Gunning deployed Wakeling & Williams there and they did well. RHM played #10 and up front and was a nuisance. Shade came on and looked a completely different player. So perhaps we had the players but the manager just wasn’t getting the best out of them?

Even at CB MacDonald, Clayton, Brennan and FBT is adequate I think.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #50291 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2023, 07:06:06 »

Chris Kamara Portsmouth to Swindon £14k - 1977.
Absolute steal and what a time to be alive.
You could buy a decent house back then for that.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 24, 2023, 07:10:54 by Pookemon » Logged
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #50292 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2023, 07:08:07 »

Is this the most boring transfer window ever? No rumours. Nothing.

If it wasn’t for all the manager bollocks . . .
We've signed Charlie Austin.  That's a pretty exciting.....
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #50293 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2023, 08:21:11 »

That was hardly much of a surprise though. Usually there are a number of outlandish rumours and a couple of substance. But this window there has been zilch.

FWIW, I still reckon we’ll sign Tomlinson which would allow FBT to revert to a permanent CB.

That would do.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #50294 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2023, 09:02:02 »

It's hardly a secret that clubs are in the most favourable position to do deals right at the end of the window and this will be when we do our business. If clubs really want a certain player/players they will have to pay above market value. (Gillingham and Colchester in our league have gone about things this way)

I'm certain that we'll come into life next week re the recruitment of players. Like Aud I also think we'll get Tomlinson. Don't forget when we signed Cain that literally came out of left field so not everything at the club is as leaky as an old boat unlike the manager hunt which weirdly Ryan Whelan appears to have been 'fed' into consistently. 

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 3350 3351 3352 [3353] 3354 3355 3356 ... 3970   Go Up
Print
Jump to: