Pages: 1 ... 3349 3350 3351 [3352] 3353 3354 3355 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8967566 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #50265 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 08:32:11 »

I would guess somewhere between £50,000 - £75,000

So, give no fucks
DMC

« Reply #50266 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 08:39:43 »

Going back to the Reed fee a bit, I thought this was interesting on the Stags side:

https://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/gillingham-joint-deal-for-mansfield-town-stars-too-good-to-turn-down-3990347

(Firstly, their paper is called the Ashfield Chad - how odd)

But Clough is quoted as saying "“Then we received this joint offer from Gillingham for Oli Hawkins and George Lapslie which I believe will rise to six figures if Gillingham stay in the league."

Rising to six figures on a double deal after conditions suggests the Reed fee really wouldn't have been large. Not sure we expected major numbers, but it's interesting to see that pretty small sums in football terms are being described as "too good to turn down".

I agree, i think people forget that getting even £50k for someone is close to a years salary for some players or managers at this level
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #50267 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 09:48:34 »

I agree, i think people forget that getting even £50k for someone is close to a years salary for some players or managers at this level

+ his own wages saved.. If he wanted out, its hard to argue against.

If he was pushed out as surpluss, its subjective - I think wrong call but many disagree. I guess if we see Jake Cain as being "better" then that's their prerogative.

Shame its to a rival
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #50268 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 09:53:20 »

Absolutely, £50k(or even £30k) + add ons is not to be sniffed at in league 2 for a club of our size, thats probably the whole playing/non playing staffs weekly wage or more.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #50269 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 10:04:41 »

£50k for a player out of contract in six months is a decent enough deal, as long as you can replace him, which on paper, we have.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #50270 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 10:28:26 »

£50k for a player out of contract in six months is a decent enough deal, as long as you can replace him, which on paper, we have.
It is, but if the player wanted to leave anyway I doubt he would have given his all for the rest of the season, he certainly started this season like he wasn't interested.

So then we would have had a space and wage in the squad taken up by an underperforming player and we would have lost £50k in transfer fees + probably another £40k in wages, so it was an absolute no brainer for the club really.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #50271 on: Thursday, January 19, 2023, 11:09:45 »

Going back to the Reed fee a bit, I thought this was interesting on the Stags side:

https://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/gillingham-joint-deal-for-mansfield-town-stars-too-good-to-turn-down-3990347

But Clough is quoted as saying "“Then we received this joint offer from Gillingham for Oli Hawkins and George Lapslie which I believe will rise to six figures if Gillingham stay in the league."

Rising to six figures on a double deal after conditions suggests the Reed fee really wouldn't have been large. Not sure we expected major numbers, but it's interesting to see that pretty small sums in football terms are being described as "too good to turn down".

There was a link to another journalistic piece which I thought was interesting. For an STFC perspective number 12 makes interesting reading.

Edit - might help if I put the bloody link in

https://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/the-staggering-weekly-wages-of-league-twos-highest-paid-players-and-the-mansfield-town-doncaster-rovers-colchester-united-crawley-town-northampton-town-and-bradford-city-players-who-make-the-list-3990160?itm_source=parsely-api
« Last Edit: Friday, January 20, 2023, 08:37:40 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #50272 on: Friday, January 20, 2023, 01:11:16 »

I'm pretty sure it's called the "Mansfield & Ashfield Chad" as we sometimes used to get it delivered in parts of North Derbyshire (not sure why considering they are North Notts but border areas are strange like postcodes). Anyway, it'll be the close link to very very nearby Sutton-in-Ashfield; the two places are pretty much on top of one another. Kirkby-in-Ashfield not so much, a few trees separate that from Sutton. Many would be forgiven for some confusion too as the number of things that are supposedly meant to be in Mansfield, like the Travelodge and hospital, are actually in S-i-A.

If you think that's weird though, the surrounding place names get a bit Welsh/Shropshire/Medieval sounding - like Warsop and Meden Vale. The stand out though is Spion Kop...which many would think (well me at least) drums up some place with masses of ancient history...from memory, it is merely a place built/settled in around 1900 by the Grandson of a guy who was from Mansfield and fought in the Boer War. Very random but probably not uncommon throughout the UK. Spion Kop is/was mostly industrial  and is but a mere snicket/hamlet of a place.

North Notts is a bit of a weird place anyway, it and several of it's people never seem to know whether they are Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire or Yorkshire...yet never seemingly confused if they are Derbyshire or not...  Hmmm

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #50273 on: Monday, January 23, 2023, 17:06:59 »

Is this the most boring transfer window ever? No rumours. Nothing.

If it wasn’t for all the manager bollocks . . .
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #50274 on: Monday, January 23, 2023, 17:21:31 »

Is this the most boring transfer window ever? No rumours. Nothing.

If it wasn’t for all the manager bollocks . . .

A tad surprised when SDM said he thought the squad was now good enough and we’d need outgoings before incomings, personally feel like we need a Keeper, Centre Half (2 if Macdonald goes), tough tackling centre mid and a winger.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #50275 on: Monday, January 23, 2023, 17:24:03 »

Why an earth do they need a month when all loans and transfer business could be done within two weeks🤔

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #50276 on: Monday, January 23, 2023, 17:40:33 »

Quote from: MangoRed
A tad surprised when SDM said he thought the squad was now good enough and we’d need outgoings before incomings, personally feel like we need a Keeper, Centre Half (2 if Macdonald goes), tough tackling centre mid and a winger.

surely code for no budget left.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #50277 on: Monday, January 23, 2023, 17:42:57 »

surely code for no budget left.

Yep.

Waiting to the end of the window to appoint your manager helps duck any conversations about what else the squad needs as well!

The squad is short, it needs at least a CB and another midfielder at least.
DMC

« Reply #50278 on: Monday, January 23, 2023, 17:44:47 »

Absolutely no way we are done in the window. I wouldn't listen to SDM
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #50279 on: Monday, January 23, 2023, 17:48:30 »

If I'm trying not to be picky, then we can use the emergency loan market if Brynn gets injured, we have a lot of CMs and Cain looks like he might be quite box to box, winger-wise we have a lot of strikers and will have to use the likes of Wakeling more wide.....but absolutely no doubt about it, we need at least one more Centre Back.

No two ways about that.
Pages: 1 ... 3349 3350 3351 [3352] 3353 3354 3355 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: