Pages: 1 ... 3277 3278 3279 [3280] 3281 3282 3283 ... 3963   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8866921 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #49185 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 05:08:28 »

Really don’t get all the angst about McKirdy leaving. He was decent enough but as I posted earlier in the historical list of top players at STFC he’s way down the list. Is it just because he was ‘colourful’ and a bit of a character?

ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #49186 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 05:44:54 »

Really? His injury last year arguably cost us promotion. He's the type of player who came make something from nothing, exciting to watch. Angst about his departure is more than justified (although on the face of it, our business looks good I think)

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #49187 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 05:53:59 »

What cost us promotion was the lack of decent back ups, not one individual getting injured. But my point was, why all the wrist slashing about a player who, in the great scheme of all things STFC, is way down the pecking order in ‘best’ players.

It’s nothing different to what we’ve done with numerous better players over the years.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #49188 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 05:57:17 »

What cost us promotion was the lack of decent back ups, not one individual getting injured. But my point was, why all the wrist slashing about a player who, in the great scheme of all things STFC, is way down the pecking order in ‘best’ players.

It’s nothing different to what we’ve done with numerous better players over the years.

Probably because he’s the best by a country mile of the current crop, scored a hatful of goals, excellent at shithousery, adores the fans. Anything else? Just goes to show that no one is bigger than the club and money talks. He gets a signing on fee, probably doubles his wages, we get decent bunce over nothing and a sell on clause in return.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #49189 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 06:03:19 »

Really don’t get all the angst about McKirdy leaving. He was decent enough but as I posted earlier in the historical list of top players at STFC he’s way down the list. Is it just because he was ‘colourful’ and a bit of a character?

I don't really get why the historical thing would matter - we're at a fairly low ebb in the club's history. He would fairly inarguably be in the top three best players at the club until yesterday, no? (Him, Reed and Williams in an order of your choice).

Not saying he's irreplaceable, but generally keeping your best players is the ideal situation.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #49190 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 06:07:40 »

If he was quiet as a mouse and didn’t indulge in all the on-field and off-field histrionics but still produced the goals and assists there wouldn’t be all this outpouring of teenage angst.

What I think I’m saying is it is all disproportionate to his talent.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #49191 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 06:18:30 »

For those feeling the need for a matchday tug

* F1398821-9DEE-4A35-8379-D791AFA30537.jpeg (302.42 KB, 946x2048 - viewed 202 times.)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #49192 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 06:26:08 »

If he was quiet as a mouse and didn’t indulge in all the on-field and off-field histrionics but still produced the goals and assists there wouldn’t be all this outpouring of teenage angst.

What I think I’m saying is it is all disproportionate to his talent.

Not sure that’s remotely true.
Doyle didn’t do any of the off field things but a lot of people got upset when he went. Only difference was we knew his contract was going to end.

TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #49193 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 06:30:55 »

He has wanted out for weeks.
As soon as his soul Mate Payne went for a far better offer, Harry wanted out and was only a matter of time.

We need to move on now.
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #49194 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 07:00:15 »

Does anyone know what type of striker Jephcott is? I'm hoping that he will be able to hold the ball up alright.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #49195 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 07:17:45 »

Does anyone know what type of striker Jephcott is? I'm hoping that he will be able to hold the ball up alright.

Reminds me of a young Harry Kane

So, give no fucks
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #49196 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 07:19:26 »

No angst from me, will definitely miss watching him though. 

Entertaining with end product is rare at our level, Doyle was brilliant at putting the ball in the net but didn't do a great deal else, which was obviously great, a player like McNamee (for want of a better example) could be entertaining on the ball but offered little in end product. 

Think having a player that gets bums off seats with a genuine chance that something will come of it is, like I said, a rare luxury in L2.  It was a fun ride and I'll keep a keen eye on his career much more than most in our recent history, I'll probably even tune in to watch a couple of Hibs games if the scheduling is favourable, never thought I'd say that about the SPL.

We move on and as I said earlier in the thread hopefully the sum of the parts brings about a better team, we don't need to replace all his goals, we were top scorers last season so if we are better defensively, which I think signs are beginning to suggest we might be, we hopefully won't miss him from a results point of view.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #49197 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 07:25:49 »

Will definitely miss him and yes some will blame him for his penalty miss against Port Vale but I will remember him for his goal against Man City live on TV and his celebration in front of millions. Maybe the money was too good to turn down and the club didn't want to risk any unrest in the camp once they knew he wanted to leave. Who knows his exit out of STFC may have been excelled with his recent antics and 3 game suspension.
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 07:29:06 by Jimmy QuitMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #49198 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 07:26:33 »

Christ I hadn't joined the dots in terms of dates to realise that almost all his first team experience was during lockdown with no fans in the ground. No wonder the interview on the club site makes a point of asking if he's looking forward to playing in front of the County Ground crowd.

I thought it was an odd question considering Home Park probably has one of the best atmospheres in the lower leagues, but it makes sense now.

..never go back.
DMC

« Reply #49199 on: Saturday, September 3, 2022, 07:37:15 »

Really? His injury last year arguably cost us promotion. He's the type of player who came make something from nothing, exciting to watch. Angst about his departure is more than justified (although on the face of it, our business looks good I think)
Could also argue his suspensions also cost us
Pages: 1 ... 3277 3278 3279 [3280] 3281 3282 3283 ... 3963   Go Up
Print
Jump to: