Pages: 1 ... 3280 3281 3282 [3283] 3284 3285 3286 ... 3970   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8936516 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #49230 on: Friday, September 23, 2022, 13:26:03 »

Probably about his level currently. Hope he does well there.

It would be good if we could work out what he actually is/where his best position is.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I知 A Scientist.

« Reply #49231 on: Friday, September 23, 2022, 13:39:36 »

It would be good if we could work out what he actually is/where his best position is.
I understand he believes his best position is left wing.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #49232 on: Friday, September 23, 2022, 13:58:00 »

He痴 only there until the end of October!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #49233 on: Friday, September 23, 2022, 14:00:57 »

On a 5 a side pitch I fear.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #49234 on: Friday, September 23, 2022, 14:01:52 »

He痴 only there until the end of October!
I think all loans to Nation North/South initially start as just a month loan then can be extended. All of our player sout on loan currently are only 1 month loans to start with.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #49235 on: Friday, September 23, 2022, 14:05:28 »

I think all loans to Nation North/South initially start as just a month loan then can be extended. All of our player sout on loan currently are only 1 month loans to start with.

Except Parsons, oddly, who was advertised as until January (also at Banbury). Wonder if it's an window/out of window thing?
DMC

« Reply #49236 on: Friday, September 23, 2022, 14:06:27 »

I hope he does well but have my doubts, in a weird way it kind gives a bit of substance to us actually improving the squad this year as he was the standard we had on the bench
Peter Venkman

« Reply #49237 on: Friday, September 23, 2022, 14:07:57 »

Except Parsons, oddly, who was advertised as until January (also at Banbury). Wonder if it's an window/out of window thing?
Was it? I read it as a 1 month loan Smiley my mistake, yes it probably is window related then.

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #49238 on: Friday, September 23, 2022, 14:23:21 »

Dabre possibly had his best game in his first appearance  v Arsenal in the trophy.

It could be that all of that pesky coaching of the basics may have hindered or confused progress since then.

If he can learn to put the workrate in i.e. closing down, tracking back etc without it affecting his natural instincts then we have a player.

Wouldn't be surprised if Harry didn't have similar issues but maybe at an earlier stage of his development.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #49239 on: Monday, December 5, 2022, 08:35:12 »

Someone has hinted on Twitter that Austin wants to return. Some of the tweets have since been deleted, but one tweet of a pic of Austin still remains.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #49240 on: Monday, December 5, 2022, 10:42:31 »

Someone has hinted on Twitter that Austin wants to return. Some of the tweets have since been deleted, but one tweet of a pic of Austin still remains.
If Austin returns to the UK he will have suitors higher up the leagues than little old Swindon.

He has managed 1 goal every 2.5 games at Brisbane Roar (2 from 5).

By contrast Jephcott has a 1 in 3 rate (5 goals in 15) and Wakeling has a 1 in 4.8 rate (5 in 21).

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #49241 on: Monday, December 5, 2022, 11:05:49 »

If Austin returns to the UK he will have suitors higher up the leagues than little old Swindon.

He has managed 1 goal every 2.5 games at Brisbane Roar (2 from 5).

By contrast Jephcott has a 1 in 3 rate (5 goals in 15) and Wakeling has a 1 in 4.8 rate (5 in 21).

Indeed, plus one would imagine Austin is getting some sort of service at Roar, something Jephcott and Wakeling have been rather starved of.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #49242 on: Monday, December 5, 2022, 11:15:37 »

Indeed, plus one would imagine Austin is getting some sort of service at Roar, something Jephcott and Wakeling have been rather starved of.
Absolutely, to score goals you need good ball delivery to the striker IN THE BOX, not just "box entries" as all too often we play the ball into the box and it gets played straight out again by our own player who prefers to keep posession than actually having a shot or a cross.

This has been my main complaint all season, to many passes around the box and not enough directness and risk taking, we just pass it sideways or backwards to keep posession and all too often an attack ends up with Brynn (or either CB) touching the ball well inside our own half less than 3 or 4 passes later.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #49243 on: Monday, December 5, 2022, 11:16:30 »

This has been my main complaint all season, to many passes around the box and not enough directness and risk taking, we just pass it sideways or backwards to keep posession and all too often an attack ends up with Brynn (or either CB) touching the ball well inside our own half less than 3 or 4 passes later.

This isn't fair - we also can do crosses which would be dangerous if there was anyone near them, but there isn't.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #49244 on: Monday, December 5, 2022, 11:18:58 »

This isn't fair - we also can do crosses which would be dangerous if there was anyone near them, but there isn't.
On occassions that is true but in the main it doesnt appear to me thats the case, yes Hutton gets some good crosses in but he is literally the only one who does with any regularity, on Saturday Crawley marked him out of the game as they know he is our main threat, and it worked, he was silent almost the entirity of the game,

Pages: 1 ... 3280 3281 3282 [3283] 3284 3285 3286 ... 3970   Go Up
Print
Jump to: