Pages: 1 ... 3095 3096 3097 [3098] 3099 3100 3101 ... 4010   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9215388 times)
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #46455 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2022, 17:41:23 »

I don’t think it’s doom mongering to be expressing concern at the moment. Not in the context of the managerial appointment, (current) reduction in the number of coaching staff, and the trio of  Hart, Austin and Standing circling.

I’d be intrigued to know how you sign Devine and Harries based on data. Is that reserve team data, youth team data, and when is it from? Because it’s not based on data of either of them being successful at first team level. And so I wonder if the supposed data-driven model is also bollocks, and doesn’t exist. And I only wonder that, because I don’t trust Austin to be here for any reason other than personal gain, through less than virtuous means, and I’ve no clue what Standing is supposedly here for, and former cocaine dealer Adam Hart.

Does anyone know?
Data could be stuff like distance covered in matches, sprint times, height, weight, cardio stats (all players seem to wear those fancy cardio bras now), pass completion rate, tackles, headers won etc etc.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #46456 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2022, 17:42:20 »

Not really inspiring you are right but not sure how us not offering him a 2 year deal is also something to moan about.
I assume most of these contracts have an option on an extra year that the club can trigger.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #46457 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2022, 17:42:49 »

This I’ve been misunderstood. The fact this is a year deal, as he’s had a shit season, and the others are two year deals, tell you even the club ain’t fully convinced, despite him having More experience than both
Hopefully just a squad player
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #46458 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2022, 17:43:39 »

James Norwood won't be a target as it looks like hes off to Rovers on a free unfortunately.

Not that I expect us to sign anyone that experienced TBH.

Experienced striker is what we should be looking at imo. Show some ambition. Use some of that twine money (instalments work both ways.) or some of the 10k + attendance money from last season. Promotion winning season had experience right through  the spine. Baudry, Grant and Rose with Doyle up top. Caddis and Mcormick also.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #46459 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2022, 17:44:09 »

Hopefully just a squad player

Squad player and I’d be abit more easy about it.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #46460 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2022, 17:48:15 »

Uninspiring signing, hopefully not pinning all our hopes on him coming good.

Sounds like Garner signed him at Rovers, so was probably in the pipeline pre buggering off to Charlton.

Could go either way- might be a diamond in the rough and just needs an arm round his shoulder, Barton is no doubt a bully and probably pulled him up on a few mistakes and he ended up playing in fear and it snowballed from there, hence why Wovers fans think he's the worst they've ever seen, or he might just be dogshit and will be a scapegoat here too.

Patiently waiting for this 40% increase, certainly hasn't been used on this one.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #46461 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2022, 17:52:47 »

I don’t think it’s doom mongering to be expressing concern at the moment. Not in the context of the managerial appointment, (current) reduction in the number of coaching staff, and the trio of  Hart, Austin and Standing circling.

I’d be intrigued to know how you sign Devine and Harries based on data. Is that reserve team data, youth team data, and when is it from? Because it’s not based on data of either of them being successful at first team level. And so I wonder if the supposed data-driven model is also bollocks, and doesn’t exist. And I only wonder that, because I don’t trust Austin to be here for any reason other than personal gain, through less than virtuous means, and I’ve no clue what Standing is supposedly here for, and former cocaine dealer Adam Hart.

Does anyone know?

cmon we cant have this after every signing. no one is going to know which data they use to compile a short list of potential signings and tbh the data that they use wouldn't be interpreted by us either. why on earth would they tell us?
the data will range from anything and everything.
from the outside sandro did brilliant with recruitment at wigan. we shall see.
i can imagine during matches this season some fans kicking off at a striker missing an easy chance when his shooting accuracy data is supposed to be high.  
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #46462 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2022, 18:00:18 »

cmon we cant have this after every signing. no one is going to know which data they use to compile a short list of potential signings and tbh the data that they use wouldn't be interpreted by us either. why on earth would they tell us?
i can imagine during matches this season some fans kicking off at a striker missing an easy chance when his shooting accuracy data is supposed to be high.  
We have and will get it with every signing. It's why i think the club need to answer the questions being asked, it's depressing watching every club tweet or signing just being bombarded with it now
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #46463 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2022, 18:02:01 »

I get that. It’s my unease and nervousness at the board level personnel that is polluting my thoughts on everything else.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #46464 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2022, 18:05:31 »

I get that. It’s my unease and nervousness at the board level personnel that is polluting my thoughts on everything else.

thats fair enough and the other issues are fair ones. I think it needs separating a little though- the ownership questions aren't a direct correlation to the signings and recruitment. we had good recruitment under power as an example. looking forward the monthly meeting this month for sure
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #46465 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2022, 18:43:51 »

while I haven't been inspired by recruitment so far it's still a month until the season starts.

tbh I really don't know anything about the new signings other than shade's faces against us.

nothing screams 'going for it' yet.

hopefully 'the model' mocks me through the season
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #46466 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2022, 18:57:58 »

Just for contrast how many of last season signings created genuine excitement amongst the fans?

Williams maybe but other than that?

I expect a lot of people might say Reed but that’s a lot of hindsight right? Reed has proven to be a decent player for us - but I don’t remember people being that excited about him before he signed for us based on his previous career?

Gladwin, everyone was concerned about his lack of speed and injury history!

McKirdy’s career pre Town was quite frankly awful.

In fact because we’d sold him for money and he’d been at Derby a lot of people were excited about JML and he’s up their with the worst players we’ve had…

…the signings are what they are thus far. Ok on paper but we shall see how they do for us….

We do however need some strikers desperately. Hopefully they might prove to be a bit more exciting as strikers usually are because they get the goals…

I don’t know how much money we exactly got for Twine or whether it’s been allocated to anything particular…but…using some of that to at least test the waters with Simpson wouldn’t be a bad thing would it?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #46467 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2022, 19:05:53 »

Rovers fans have history when it comes to their ex’s. Garner - worst ever. Kyle Bennett - ditto. Pitman - what a fantastic signing.

Perhaps he just needs decent coaching - not vilified by the wife beater.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #46468 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2022, 19:18:38 »

@dv

last year we were a complete mess. there was no expectation

this year expectations are we kick on.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #46469 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2022, 19:36:29 »

@dv

last year we were a complete mess. there was no expectation

this year expectations are we kick on.

Fair point however I think the point still remains - players we weren’t particularly excited about based on their previous career turned out to be good signings. Players who we were excited about turned out to be duds.

Which is no different to any summer at any football club. Regardless of financial state & expectation.

Just because these signings underwhelm us doesn’t mean they won’t be good.
Pages: 1 ... 3095 3096 3097 [3098] 3099 3100 3101 ... 4010   Go Up
Print
Jump to: