Pages: 1 ... 3093 3094 3095 [3096] 3097 3098 3099 ... 4010   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9214511 times)
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #46425 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2022, 16:27:23 »

I shall now attempt my positive spin on this:

According to Football Manager 2022, Harries is a better player than Conroy. Hoorah!

Left footed ball playing defenders are hard to come by.

Taylor and Connolly had a superb partnership for Rovers at the back end of last season. Nobody was breaking that. I suspect if Conroy played for Rovers he'd of got nowhere near either.

So we might've potentially got a left footed Conroy on less wages. I can live with that.

Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #46426 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2022, 16:27:44 »

Rumour on twitter Payne had his contract offer pulled. Really hope that's not true.

At this point he would have signed if he was going to. Hes out there trying to get something else using us as a backstop. Now he can't right. Which puts the pressure a bit more on him taking our offer if he has no others.

Additionally our offer to him was likely to be top paid player, we may want that money to make offers elsewhere now.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #46427 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2022, 16:29:30 »

I'm starting to panic a bit now.

Rumour on twitter Payne had his contract offer pulled. Really hope that's not true.

The guy who said it, said we'd sign Harries 4 hours ago...

I just have a bit of a bad feeling at the moment about how serious we truly are.

Payne was never going to stay with the offer made.
Sadly will be off.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #46428 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2022, 16:30:32 »

Sadly will be off.
How much was it mate
doomster

Ignore
« Reply #46429 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2022, 16:33:18 »

Socks are totally stuck on this transfer window so far.  I really do fear for us this year.  

Whilst we have probably interviewed for a manager and gone through standard office style hiring/interview protocols this is football and the candidate with the best interview skills isn’t necessarily the right one for the job.  

I am very pleased the debt is being wiped out but fear that we seem to be rolling the dice on a load of young players.  

Should mckirdy leave then we are in huge trouble as when he was out after Crawley away we created nothing until he returned.

Might have to stick a few quid on relegation at this rate and hope it doesn’t come in
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #46430 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2022, 16:36:47 »

Steady on. My version of panic is the prospect of us languishing in mid table. Relegation from this shit league would really take some doing.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #46431 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2022, 16:40:15 »

Might have to stick a few quid on relegation at this rate and hope it doesn’t come in

Fair play, you are living up to your forum name.  Smiley

Football fans in the pre season phase eh, I love it.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #46432 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2022, 16:41:14 »

Quote from: Pericardinho
Steady on. My version of panic is the prospect of us languishing in mid table. Relegation from this shit league would really take some doing.
ditto
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #46433 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2022, 16:43:18 »

Getting worried how we were signing players of a higher calibre last year when under an embargo??
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #46434 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2022, 16:46:45 »

Pathetic. Bargain basement signing this. Rovers were rampant from January onwards. Harries played once in that time. Once. 47 appearances out of a possible (approx) 130 games in 2 and half seasons.

The ultra positive happy clapping cucks will tell you it’s a good signing because he once played for Swansea and played for the Wales u21s.

No dressing this one up. Cheap. Local. Basement. That’s it.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #46435 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2022, 16:48:47 »

Sadly will be off.

All players from last season offered reduced terms.
If other clubs see the potential and willing to pay improved terms then unfortunately not a lot we can do.
I just hope we can soon believe and see where this 40% increase is going.

Signing a Rovers player that is prone to lack concentration is not giving me confidence unfortunately.
4 weeks from the start of the season and a little concerned. Still time to put it right but was always going to be free issue loans this season.

TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #46436 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2022, 16:50:44 »

Pathetic. Bargain basement signing this. Rovers were rampant from January onwards. Harries played once in that time. Once. 47 appearances out of a possible (approx) 130 games in 2 and half seasons.

The ultra positive happy clapping cucks will tell you it’s a good signing because he once played for Swansea and played for the Wales u21s.

Interesting to see where the statistics are back up this signing.
He was absolutely all over the place at the memorial.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #46437 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2022, 16:53:43 »

In over 40 years of following the team, from experience there is no such thing as an ultra positive happy clapping Town fan.

I'll reserve judgement until the class of 22-23 emerge at Harrogate.
Even then, no reason to start slashing the wrists straight away.
Will have the sackcloth & ashes ready just in case though.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #46438 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2022, 16:53:58 »

Maybe he's only expected to play a third of our games this season as backup? 

Until all our business is done we won't really have any idea of the club's expectations of any of our signings.

People's propensity for doom is fantastic on here.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #46439 on: Tuesday, June 28, 2022, 16:54:02 »

Let's calm down a little bit. I was initially disappointed at first but you only have to look at somebody like Mckirdy who couldn't even make a match day squad at Vale to know a change of environment and playing style can bring the best out of somebody, especially at this level.

Harries obviously has talent or he wouldn't have signed a 4 year deal at Coventry. Or been snapped up by Swansea. Or played for the Welsh youth setup.

It's up to our coaching staff now to get the best out of him and for the fans to get behind him. I can at least appreciate why we've bought him in. He obviously has a ball playing skillset and we think we can mould him. The easier thing to do would be to sign a 6'5 meathead who's 34 years old and wants one last pay day.

Let's just see what happens. Slightly underwhelmed yes but also quite intrigued to see how he does for us.
Pages: 1 ... 3093 3094 3095 [3096] 3097 3098 3099 ... 4010   Go Up
Print
Jump to: