Pages: 1 ... 2967 2968 2969 [2970] 2971 2972 2973 ... 3964   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8868545 times)
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #44535 on: Tuesday, January 4, 2022, 21:49:54 »

On his Twitter he doesn’t exactly look delighted to have joined!!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #44536 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 09:23:48 »

On his Twitter he doesn’t exactly look delighted to have joined!!

He'd just seen the highlight reel of our recent defensive performances!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #44537 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2022, 09:58:24 »

Palace fans on the loan....

He's looked good when I've seen him for the U23s and suits the Vieira prototype as a ball-playing centre back. Playing men's football will be a good test for him. Be great to see him get minutes against Man City, albeit they'll probably field quite a few players he may already have played against in the U23s.

Good luck to the lad. It'll be a good test to see what his level is.

Yep but I think Garner is still held in high regard by those at Palace, so will have no issues about the loan. Will be good for him imo

I doubt wheter it is co-incidence that he's gone to Swindon

Very pleased to see this. Jake needs a bigger challenge than he will get at U23 level.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/soccer/arid-40778352.html

Some very positive words from the player and all involved really.
Cork native Jake O’Brien could be thrown in for his Swindon Town debut in Friday’s FA Cup third round tie against Manchester City.

The League Two club have recruited the centre-back from Crystal Palace on loan till the end of the season.

Swindon, fifth in League Two, welcome Pep Guardiola’s stars to the County Ground in the first game of the third round schedule.

Swindon Town’s director of football Ben Chorley said about the addition of Ireland U21 defender O’Brien: “Jake is an imposing first contact centre-half.

“He enjoys competing in both boxes, plays with aggression, and a desire that I think you need to be a top player.

“He showed a fantastic work effort and consistent development from the many times he’s been watched over the last year.

“After making contact with Crystal Palace, and presenting our plans, both myself and Ben Garner had great conversations with Jake and his representative, Pat Dean, and we are delighted with the outcome.

“Crystal Palace have a top academy structure. This further signals the relationships and the trust Category One clubs have in Swindon Town to develop and enhance their best young players on and off the pitch.

“We wish Jake all the best for the season.”

Fresh after putting pen to paper at The County Ground, O’Brien revealed his excitement at joining what is already a special group, in addition to outlining what fans should expect from him.

“I’m delighted to be joining Swindon and hopefully I can play a part in us getting up the table,” the former Cork City defender said.

“I see myself coming in as a ball-playing centre-half, I have a lot of height, and I think I can be good in both boxes, score and defend, and I think I can add to the team.

“There is no better team in League Two in my eyes to come to than Swindon Town.”

A debut against City would crown a hectic 12 months for the 20-year-old from Youghal. Last January, he moved from Cork City on an initial loan arrangement which was soon upgraded into a permanent deal. He was recently granted a three-year extension.

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/announcement/crystal-palace-under-23s-defender-jake-obrien-joins-swindon-town-on-loan/2022-01-04/

Crystal Palace Development defender Jake O’Brien has joined League Two side Swindon Town on loan.

The 20-year-old will spend the rest of the season with the Robins after a strong start to 21/22 with Palace’s Under-23s.

O’Brien has played 14 games for Paddy McCarthy’s side this season, helping the young Eagles sit sixth in their first Premier League 2 campaign.

Swindon are having a similarly strong season, sitting fifth in League Two. They are just three points off an automatic promotion place to return to the third tier.

Commenting on the move, O’Brien said: “I’m delighted to have earned this loan to Swindon at such a pivotal time in their season. I’d like to thank both Palace and Swindon, and look forward to learning from the manager and his coaches.”

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #44538 on: Sunday, January 9, 2022, 09:34:29 »

With KKH gone that’s an attack minded right wing back added to the shopping list surely.

Both Hunt and Odimayo can play the defensive side of that rule superbly but are not attack minded which is key to our system.

Another youngster for the rest of the season I expect.

Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #44539 on: Monday, January 10, 2022, 19:01:37 »

£300,000 plus add ons and a 20% sell on - tribunal outcome for Twine. Confirmed by Rob Angus.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #44540 on: Monday, January 10, 2022, 19:10:04 »

Not a bad deal really then

He’ll be gone end of season anyway, Swansea are after him now
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #44541 on: Monday, January 10, 2022, 19:26:51 »

Yep, I expect they’ll get 7 figures for him, so another nice payday for us.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #44542 on: Monday, January 10, 2022, 19:31:50 »

nice to know without guesswork too
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #44543 on: Monday, January 10, 2022, 19:46:14 »

So, does that mean we get 20% of anything over the £300,000 we initially got for Twine or 20% of his next total transfer fee.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #44544 on: Monday, January 10, 2022, 19:49:16 »

So, does that mean we get 20% of anything over the £300,000 we initially got for Twine or 20% of his next total transfer fee.
Angus didn’t go into that detail, but said it would be discussed at the advisory board tomorrow so I expect we will have confirmation within the minutes.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #44545 on: Monday, January 10, 2022, 19:50:28 »

Angus didn’t go into that detail, but said it would be discussed at the advisory board tomorrow so I expect we will have confirmation within the minutes.
Sounded as if there are add ons in addition to the 20% too

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #44546 on: Monday, January 10, 2022, 20:22:12 »

Been confirmed we’ve already had £150,000 for Twine with the same again in March. Then a 20% sell on. Also hoping the CG sale will go ahead in March/April with details on how fans can buy shares.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #44547 on: Monday, January 10, 2022, 20:31:09 »

Seems to be a rumour that the player we may get from Villa isn’t Barry but Cameron Archer - who is on their bench tonight v Man Utd.
anglia red

Ignore
« Reply #44548 on: Monday, January 10, 2022, 21:04:21 »

Portsmouth and Sunderland also looking at Archer

ome on you reds
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #44549 on: Monday, January 10, 2022, 23:04:20 »

Seems to be a rumour that the player we may get from Villa isn’t Barry but Cameron Archer - who is on their bench tonight v Man Utd.

That the lad that scored 4 at Barrow?
Pages: 1 ... 2967 2968 2969 [2970] 2971 2972 2973 ... 3964   Go Up
Print
Jump to: