Pages: 1 ... 3287 3288 3289 [3290] 3291 3292 3293 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8969552 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #49335 on: Monday, December 12, 2022, 18:03:34 »

Im confused as to how Will Grigg was on the spreadsheet but Charlie Austin isnt.

I'm almost certain that the mythical spreadsheet has a Circular Reference in it somewhere, and the whole thing is basically fucked, but nobody knows where the cell is so they've just cracked on regardless.
DMC

« Reply #49336 on: Monday, December 12, 2022, 18:25:26 »

What spreadsheet?

And us to a degree, I cannot imagine he is going to play out of the goodness of his heart and, I would imagine, require a wage somewhat higher than any of our other players.
He would play for a normal league 2 wage. Not even the highest at the club
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #49337 on: Monday, December 12, 2022, 19:04:24 »

I reckon we have a Venn Diagram
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #49338 on: Monday, December 12, 2022, 20:33:44 »

He would play for a normal league 2 wage. Not even the highest at the club

Your tone suggests inside knowledge?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #49339 on: Tuesday, December 13, 2022, 01:05:53 »

We’d be stupid not to get him in.

Sure, we haven’t been created many chances and he needs those but those comparing him to Jephcott?!
Admittedly it’s been a few years since I saw Austin play but his movement off the ball would be light years ahead of Jephcott. Add in his ability to control the ball with his back to goal and bring others into play.

Just his presence and his ability to find pockets of space in and around the box would probably add to our attack. Maybe not as much as we need to fully sort the attack but if I were a betting man id say a defender would have more difficulty marking Austin than they would Jephcott.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #49340 on: Tuesday, December 13, 2022, 08:29:47 »

From what I’ve heard this morning, this may well be pretty much done.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #49341 on: Tuesday, December 13, 2022, 08:34:41 »

Charlie, Charlie Austin  Smiley
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #49342 on: Tuesday, December 13, 2022, 08:54:04 »

From what I’ve heard this morning, this may well be pretty much done.

If true, it suggests that the twitterati stating SL and Pivot Table Pete don't want to sign him don't actually know what they are on about, or it's a clever ruse as if to say 'nothing to see here!'

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #49343 on: Tuesday, December 13, 2022, 08:54:23 »

I suspect that Austin would back himself to do some damage in L2 even in a side that doesn't, at present, create lots of clear cut chances.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #49344 on: Tuesday, December 13, 2022, 08:55:22 »

Getting Austin to sign would deal with the boo boys(and girls).  I thought that this was pie in the sky but in the knowers seem to have in inside track.

I hope that this doesnt tarnish his " legacy".
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #49345 on: Tuesday, December 13, 2022, 08:58:01 »

I suspect that Austin would back himself to do some damage in L2 even in a side that doesn't, at present, create lots of clear cut chances.

I'm not hugely confident based on what I've seen to date but you'd have to hope that a lot of work was being done on the training ground to rectify these issues. Perhaps he'll be utilised as a player/coach and say to SL - 'look fella, this is how it's done, get the balls in these areas and I'll do the rest'

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #49346 on: Tuesday, December 13, 2022, 09:01:23 »

If true, it suggests that the twitterati stating SL and Pivot Table Pete don't want to sign him don't actually know what they are on about, or it's a clever ruse as if to say 'nothing to see here!'

I actually think it was true, it sounds like Clem has made a very brave decision to overrule Sandro and Lindsey.
I wouldn’t be surprised if this is the beginning of the end for either of them.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 13, 2022, 09:32:53 by Quagmire » Logged
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #49347 on: Tuesday, December 13, 2022, 09:08:53 »

I actually think it was true, it sounds like Clem has made a very brave decision to over rule Sandro and Lindsey.
I wouldn’t be surprised if this is the beginning of the end me for either of them.

I always wondered before CA moved to Oz whether Clem had some involvement with the next step of his career after he left QPR. I know he had been to watch Swindon games and did hint on a podcast that there was a possibility of playing for Swindon again. I wonder whether Charlie said to Clem that he fancied a year in Oz with the comfort blanket of Swindon being there if it didn't work out. Obviously with Clem being Australian I could be putting 2 and 2 together but I wonder whether there was a gentleman's agreement between the 2.

I'm intrigued as to whether we'll be able to bring in other players in January or just Charlie (if this is true) although from what Dean says, he isn't going to be on as high a wage as you'd have thought. Everyone can see goalscoring is an issue but the problem isn't with the strikers, it's creating the chances. You'd like to think with the attacking players we have, we can become more potent.

Fascinating times and a nice talking point during a quiet working week before Christmas Smiley

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #49348 on: Tuesday, December 13, 2022, 09:17:15 »

I actually think it was true, it sounds like Clem has made a very brave decision to over rule Sandro and Lindsey.
I wouldn’t be surprised if this is the beginning of the end me for either of them.

As others have said on this thread it's a bit of a no brainer business wise. Extra shirt sales and bums on seats is vital and you get a top class footballer with premier league experience.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #49349 on: Tuesday, December 13, 2022, 09:19:10 »

Ouch.

I really do want CA to give it a go with us. But that sounds dangerous, can't have to owner overruling the football people. Unless, as you say, they aren't football people for much longer.
Pages: 1 ... 3287 3288 3289 [3290] 3291 3292 3293 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: