Pages: 1 ... 3288 3289 3290 [3291] 3292 3293 3294 ... 4009   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9206498 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #49350 on: Tuesday, December 13, 2022, 09:43:32 »

If true, it suggests that the twitterati stating SL and Pivot Table Pete don't want to sign him don't actually know what they are on about, or it's a clever ruse as if to say 'nothing to see here!'

Alternatively going back to my conspiracy theory, CA's people assumed that Clem would not go over the managers head paving the way to a BR move with little come back to CA, and Clem called his bluff! The fact that so many people seem to know CA's intricate personal thoughts would suggest that there has been some spinning that would do Alastair Campbell proud been going on somewhere Wink Wink

Ouch.

I really do want CA to give it a go with us. But that sounds dangerous, can't have to owner overruling the football people. Unless, as you say, they aren't football people for much longer.

Indeed, it would rather remove any opportunity to rip the piss out of what savage is apparently doing at Macclesfield.

« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 13, 2022, 09:46:47 by horlock07 » Logged
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #49351 on: Tuesday, December 13, 2022, 10:06:43 »

Spoke to one of my Rovers supporting mates and he said he has heard nothing of an Austin link with them and that a striker is not on their shopping list after recently signing Sinclair on large wages he thinks they are close to budget and happy with the 4 strikers they already have in Coburn, Loft, Collins and Marquis.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #49352 on: Tuesday, December 13, 2022, 10:13:58 »

Sinclairs only on a deal till January isnt he? He’s been playing though so i would imagine they will extend it
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #49353 on: Tuesday, December 13, 2022, 10:17:22 »

Spoke to one of my Rovers supporting mates and he said he has heard nothing of an Austin link with them and that a striker is not on their shopping list after recently signing Sinclair on large wages he thinks they are close to budget and happy with the 4 strikers they already have in Coburn, Loft, Collins and Marquis.

Sinclair is a strange one, albeit looking on Wiki he is a local lad and possibly fancied a return to his roots, not as philanthropic though as Austin if he has demanded big wages.  Sad

Perhaps it was splitting up from Rosie Webster that led to the move back south.  Wink
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #49354 on: Tuesday, December 13, 2022, 10:22:11 »

Sinclairs only on a deal till January isnt he? He’s been playing though so i would imagine they will extend it
He is indeed but Joey has stated he wants to lengthen the deal to at least the end of the season apparently. And yes he has started almost all the games since he signed for them a few months ago.

Perhaps it was splitting up from Rosie Webster that led to the move back south.  Wink
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/20620709/helen-flanagan-scott-sinclair-reunite-christmas/

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #49355 on: Tuesday, December 13, 2022, 10:27:02 »

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/2[/nobbc]0620709/helen-flanagan-scott-sinclair-reunite-christmas/

She's a slightly peculiar one....
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #49356 on: Tuesday, December 13, 2022, 10:29:22 »

From what I’ve heard this morning, this may well be pretty much done.

Have been told something similar but until it's signed who knows!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #49357 on: Tuesday, December 13, 2022, 10:46:59 »

I always wondered before CA moved to Oz whether Clem had some involvement with the next step of his career after he left QPR. I know he had been to watch Swindon games and did hint on a podcast that there was a possibility of playing for Swindon again. I wonder whether Charlie said to Clem that he fancied a year in Oz with the comfort blanket of Swindon being there if it didn't work out. Obviously with Clem being Australian I could be putting 2 and 2 together but I wonder whether there was a gentleman's agreement between the 2.

I'm intrigued as to whether we'll be able to bring in other players in January or just Charlie (if this is true) although from what Dean says, he isn't going to be on as high a wage as you'd have thought. Everyone can see goalscoring is an issue but the problem isn't with the strikers, it's creating the chances. You'd like to think with the attacking players we have, we can become more potent.

Fascinating times and a nice talking point during a quiet working week before Christmas Smiley

Whilst I think we can all concur the lack of goals isn’t a issue with the strikers so much as their service - I do think Austin’s movement will help that. It should open up spaces for other and I’d suggest Austin is much more likely to find himself in pockets of space then Jephcott or Wakeling do…

Unless Austin is absolutely knackered physically and wants to return and play the C.Ronaldo at Madrid role of getting all the tap ins.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #49358 on: Tuesday, December 13, 2022, 10:59:43 »

Whilst I think we can all concur the lack of goals isn’t a issue with the strikers so much as their service - I do think Austin’s movement will help that. It should open up spaces for other and I’d suggest Austin is much more likely to find himself in pockets of space then Jephcott or Wakeling do…

Unless Austin is absolutely knackered physically and wants to return and play the C.Ronaldo at Madrid role of getting all the tap ins.

If nothing else he would occupy opposing back 4's more than Jephcott or Wakling on reputation alone which would hopefully create more space/options for others.

Just a pity Cowmeadow is wearing 32 really.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #49359 on: Tuesday, December 13, 2022, 11:02:33 »

He’ll have to wear shirt number 3:16
Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #49360 on: Tuesday, December 13, 2022, 11:16:55 »

He’ll have to wear shirt number 3:16

For God so loved the town he gave them his only begotten son?

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #49361 on: Tuesday, December 13, 2022, 11:30:01 »

For God so loved the town he gave them his only begotten son?

You sit there and you thump your Bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn’t get you anywhere. Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16…
Austin 3:16 says I just whipped your ass!
DMC

« Reply #49362 on: Tuesday, December 13, 2022, 11:44:07 »

As of yesterday lunch time CA had an offer from Rovers on the table. He met Clem in Brisbane a month ago and Clem was happy to approve deal. As if yesterday the guys on the footballing side said they don't want him. No suprise that they may be persuaded
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #49363 on: Tuesday, December 13, 2022, 11:46:49 »

Are you saying they are changing their mind?
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #49364 on: Tuesday, December 13, 2022, 12:04:49 »

Boxing Day unveiling.

Now, ain't that just like me?
Pages: 1 ... 3288 3289 3290 [3291] 3292 3293 3294 ... 4009   Go Up
Print
Jump to: