Pages: 1 ... 2781 2782 2783 [2784] 2785 2786 2787 ... 4029   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9261746 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #41745 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 09:59:25 »

Pint
For a long time I’ve been anti-Power but this is the one time I feel like I can understand why he’s made these moves.

He’s not got a pot to piss in and he’s trying to sell the club when the financial landscape worldwide is bleak.
Realistically he’s not going to put in anymore cash than he needs to. He is literally trying to keep us above water so he at the very least we don’t go under, which would result in him losing everything. He doesn’t give a monkeys what division we end up in as his future is not with us. This isn’t about making a profit for himself anymore, it is about damage limitations and making sure he walks away with something, so he can lick his wounds and prepare himself to go again on another shady little venture.
But if he initially got £800,000 from Barry to cover running costs, then Barry/Standing put in another £4m over time then we had some decent income from player sales, I doubt very much if Power has got much personal money on the line at all.

Plus, of course, he’s got the golf course out of it.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #41746 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 10:03:42 »

I think they wanted Kirk from Crewe and were under the impression he had a 500k minimum fee release clause in his contract. Once that deal was unable to progress, they went for DJ, and have got themselves and absolute steal by the sounds of things.

Everybody gets a steal when they sign STFC players!

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #41747 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 10:05:36 »

Everybody gets a steal when they sign STFC players!

Very true. Not sure where I mentioned it, but had DJ been at Peterborough for instance, they would have got at least 2 million quid for him.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #41748 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 10:07:17 »

That’s cos they don’t NEED to sell. Tbf, £500,000 for a player who, while talented, has very little end product ain’t bad.
jevs

Ignore
« Reply #41749 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 10:07:37 »

According to the oracle that is Jay Collett on Twitter there is no sell on clause.

If this is indeed true, it seems a particularly stupid thing to do, unless he's upped the upfront fee appropriately I suppose. A potential future windfall surely affects the value of the club? When Power acquired the club you imagine that he was well aware of the Flint and Ritchie sell on percentages potentially bringing in substantial figures (plus Bogle I suppose?).

I've scanned the court documents and there appeared to be agreement on the clubs value being £7.5 million. If there actually is an investor willing to part with that sort of sum for the assets that constitute Swindon Town currently could someone point them in my direction as I've some magic beans I'd like to sell.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #41750 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 10:09:48 »

That’s cos they don’t NEED to sell. Tbf, £500,000 for a player who, while talented, has very little end product ain’t bad.

Think that's a touch harsh. He must be our leading scorer and probably leads in assists as well doesn't he?

I know its a very low bar mind you.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #41751 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 10:10:29 »

Plus, of course, he’s got the golf course out of it.

As it stands he hasn't really, yes he has consent  for his racing stables so that's OK for him personally but hardly a money spinner. Whilst he has got consent for a training ground that is essentially worthless without a tenant (I wonder if pre-sale he will try and tie the club down to a long term lease which the new owner is stuck with), but the real money on the site is the housing and that still await determination and has the potential to fall on its arse, especially if he doesn't own the club any more.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #41752 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 10:10:43 »

I am as pissed off with Power/Sheridan and the club in general as the rest, but one thing we need to remember is where would we be if Jed and  Co. were still here?  That really would not be worth thinking about.  I will not be renewing our ST's as things stand at the moment, if we can possibly get new owners I will have a rethink.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #41753 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 10:12:03 »

I am as pissed off with Power/Sheridan and the club in general as the rest, but one thing we need to remember is where would we be if Jed and  Co. were still here?  That really would not be worth thinking about.  I will not be renewing our ST's as things stand at the moment, if we can possibly get new owners I will have a rethink.

We would all be ten pin bowling behind the Town End goal.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #41754 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 10:12:31 »

Think that's a touch harsh. He must be our leading scorer and probably leads in assists as well doesn't he?

I know its a very low bar mind you.

Can't do you assists but leading scorer is T Smith with 7 (in 12 starts), whilst DJ has 4 (17 starts), as do Pitman (10 starts) and Hope (14 starts).
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 10:14:06 by horlock07 » Logged
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #41755 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 10:14:50 »

Can't do you assists but leading scorer is T Smith with 7, whilst DJ has 4, as do Pitman and Hope.

Three of T Smith's goals are Papa John's Trophy though, DJ & he tie with Hope at 4 for league goals. Pitman 3.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #41756 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 10:17:08 »

Ok so its very much of a muchness really according to these stats.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/swindon-town/top-scorers

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #41757 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 10:18:20 »

Three of T Smith's goals are Papa John's Trophy though, DJ & he tie with Hope at 4 for league goals. Pitman 3.
Fucking 4 goals = top scorer. Jesus wept.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #41758 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 10:21:14 »

Fucking 4 goals = top scorer. Jesus wept.

laughable isn't it!!

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #41759 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 10:21:53 »

Doyle had that about 5 minutes into his debut!

Christ we really were spoiled last season weren't we.....
Pages: 1 ... 2781 2782 2783 [2784] 2785 2786 2787 ... 4029   Go Up
Print
Jump to: