Pages: 1 ... 2780 2781 2782 [2783] 2784 2785 2786 ... 4031   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9279900 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #41730 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 09:35:02 »

According to the oracle that is Jay Collett on Twitter there is no sell on clause.

How the actual fuck would he know either way?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #41731 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 09:38:30 »

How the actual fuck would he know either way?

I think he is one of these people that is in regular contact with Clem apparently. I'm led to believe he might be more 'ITK' that he looks but he certainly is one of those that craves attention with these posts.

If it is the case there is no sell-on, that's a massive 2 fingers up to the club, especially when previously most of our saleable assets have had sell-ons, post Matt Ritchie of course.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #41732 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 09:41:46 »

I think he is one of these people that is in regular contact with Clem apparently. I'm led to believe he might be more 'ITK' that he looks but he certainly is one of those that craves attention with these posts.

If it is the case there is no sell-on, that's a massive 2 fingers up to the club, especially when previously most of our saleable assets have had sell-ons, post Matt Ritchie of course.

Thing is, if Clem owns 15% of the club, Standing 50% that only leaves Power with 35% so not sure how much he is expecting to pocket of this, likewise the training ground is worthless without a tenant.

The cynic in me wonders whether this is a gesture to show the court that he cannot fund the club, albeit Standing successfully refuted that last time.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #41733 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 09:42:28 »

That leads to an interesting question, if slightly irrelevant.

Was Clem consulted - not that he has the power to stop it even if he wanted to.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #41734 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 09:42:45 »

Isn't it a bit moot? Power needs cash up-front rather than potentially more a couple of years down the line.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #41735 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 09:43:19 »

Ritchie did have a sell on fee though, that is one of the things that is part of the Standing case. Power said he used the money to pay back Andrew Black but he didn’t.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #41736 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 09:46:05 »

Ritchie did have a sell on fee though, that is one of the things that is part of the Standing case. Power said he used the money to pay back Andrew Black but he didn’t.

ah my bad, sorry for some reason I thought there was no sell-on with MR.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #41737 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 09:46:29 »

I’d be curious to know whether
DJs agent was putting his name about as he wanted out
The club were putting his name about to make some quick £££
Charlton have been scouting him and decided they wanted him
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #41738 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 09:48:12 »

That's something I really don't understand, its written in the public domain in the court papers that Power basically deceived Standing into pumping more money in, so why hasn't Standing done anything about that either?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #41739 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 09:52:48 »

Nah, it was a plot by Tyler, Jonny and Matt, they told Power to Sell The DJ.

I'll get me coat.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #41740 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 09:53:19 »

That leads to an interesting question, if slightly irrelevant.

Was Clem consulted - not that he has the power to stop it even if he wanted to.
Well, I doubt he’s consulted on any signings either. Any money Power is getting out of all this is for him - not to keep the club afloat.
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #41741 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 09:53:55 »

Reading between the lines Dj trained yesterday and was in the team for tonights game, so appears to have been last minute. It would appear Charlton had a bid turned down from another club of 500k for a similar player to DJ and so perhaps they had DJ as their next choice..
Suspect Power needed money and if no offers came in for Twine then DJ was other sellable asset so one of them would have gone either way. Suspect agents were in the know that swindon needed to sell at least 1 player..
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #41742 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 09:55:21 »

Reading between the lines Dj trained yesterday and was in the team for tonights game, so appears to have been last minute. It would appear Charlton had a bid turned down from another club of 500k for a similar player to DJ and so perhaps they had DJ as their next choice..
Suspect Power needed money and if no offers came in for Twine then DJ was other sellable asset so one of them would have gone either way. Suspect agents were in the know that swindon needed to sell at least 1 player..

I think they wanted Kirk from Crewe and were under the impression he had a 500k minimum fee release clause in his contract. Once that deal was unable to progress, they went for DJ, and have got themselves and absolute steal by the sounds of things.

Chrystovski

« Reply #41743 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 09:55:29 »

Isn't it a bit moot? Power needs cash up-front rather than potentially more a couple of years down the line.

For a long time I’ve been anti-Power but this is the one time I feel like I can understand why he’s made these moves.

He’s not got a pot to piss in and he’s trying to sell the club when the financial landscape worldwide is bleak.
Realistically he’s not going to put in anymore cash than he needs to. He is literally trying to keep us above water so he at the very least we don’t go under, which would result in him losing everything. He doesn’t give a monkeys what division we end up in as his future is not with us. This isn’t about making a profit for himself anymore, it is about damage limitations and making sure he walks away with something, so he can lick his wounds and prepare himself to go again on another shady little venture.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 10:05:07 by Chrystovski » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #41744 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2021, 09:58:54 »

then why let the squad grow to circa 30 players, and sign another on loan and one on a permanent yesterday?

I'd have thought you'd tell the managerv to get on with it with what you have. even with the injuries.
Pages: 1 ... 2780 2781 2782 [2783] 2784 2785 2786 ... 4031   Go Up
Print
Jump to: