Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cox to sign for us tomorow according to the Adver  (Read 25508 times)
flammableBen

« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2008, 17:52:49 »

How much should we willing to pay him to come here?

His own Zeppelin and the skies of Swindon and its surrounding area?
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2008, 17:54:35 »

How's about this one: Charlie Mulgrew - Wolves, ex-Dundee Utd and Scot U21 not getting a look in.

But it does say he's left-sided, not centre mid.

http://www.wolves.premiumtv.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10307~36110,00.html
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2008, 17:55:09 »

Quote from: "stfctownenda"
Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Without wishing to piss on anybody's bonfire, all this Adver story is, is a re hash of the interview with Malpas on RS.

He laters says its far from a done deal,  and itv wont be the end of his world if it doesn't happen.

This is STFC folks don't get excited until you see its a done deal....I can recall the Adver trumpetting our 30K offer for Kevin Keegan in 1970, only for the Scousers tp nip in with a 35K offer.

Key part though that we moved the goal post's for Reading (i.e implying we have met there valuation) would suggest that we will at least get to discuss terms with the lad.

As I said its promising, and good news that we seem to be serious, but I can't see how the Adver get to it being a done deal.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2008, 18:03:55 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"

Zeppelins were fucking ace....apart from the occasional tendency to combust with disasterous consequences.

Gotta think that with improved terchnology they could become the travel of the future.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2008, 18:09:29 »

Zeppelins were fucking ace....apart from the occasional tendency to combust with disasterous consequences.

Gotta think that with improved terchnology they could become the travel of the future.

From memory I understand that they could carry a huge payload.

The downside was that they where big, slow, protected only by fabric and full of explosive gas.
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2008, 18:11:19 »

Who would imagine we kep all our players and signed some decent ones?  Beers
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2008, 18:12:09 »

Quote from: "STFC_Gazzza"
Who would imagine we kep all our players and signed some decent ones?  Beers

John Lennon?

It's All Good..............
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2008, 18:17:17 »

Cox is certainly not a done deal. Northampton obviously fancy there chances of getting him. It's obvious that it's Cox they're talking about here a couple of days ago:

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/New-signing-will-complement-Hubertz.3716333.jp

I still think we'll get him though because I believe we will match whatever Northampton offer and at the end of the day it will come down to where the player wants to play. In that event I believe he wants to play for us. And no,  I don't have a friend of a friend whose cousin's boyfriend's dog work's at the club. I can just feel it in my water Cool
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2008, 18:17:57 »

Quote from: "stfctownenda"
Without wishing to piss on anybody's bonfire, all this Adver story is, is a re hash of the interview with Malpas on RS.

He laters says its far from a done deal,  and itv wont be the end of his world if it doesn't happen.

This is STFC folks don't get excited until you see its a done deal....I can recall the Adver trumpetting our 30K offer for Kevin Keegan in 1970, only for the Scousers tp nip in with a 35K offer.

Key part though that we moved the goal post's for Reading (i.e implying we have met there valuation) would suggest that we will at least get to discuss terms with the lad.

As I said its promising, and good news that we seem to be serious, but I can't see how the Adver get to it being a done deal.

I suspect Reading are trying to stoke a bidding war (well skirmish) between us and Northampton as there seems to be a lot of "definitely signing for us" at both ends.
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2008, 18:20:05 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
Cox is certainly not a done deal. Northampton obviously fancy there chances of getting him. It's obvious that it's Cox they're talking about here a couple of days ago:

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/New-signing-will-complement-Hubertz.3716333.jp

I still think we'll get him though because I believe we will match whatever Northampton offer and at the end of the day it will come down to where the player wants to play. In that event I believe he wants to play for us. And no,  I don't have a friend of a friend whose cousin's boyfriend's dog work's at the club. I can just feel it in my water Cool

This article was made 2 days ago and since then the winds have changed direction... The adver hasn't been wrong very often recently to be fair to them. 18M for Best holdings? and they fucked off etc...  they reported it first...
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2008, 18:29:11 »

Quote from: "ExeRed"
Quote from: "STFCLady"
Cobblers are banging on about only being 1 point behind us in the league making them just as attractive blah blah blah. Take it they have failed to see that we have 2 games in hand over them....

Games in hand mean bugger all though... yes they are nice to have but give me the points any day of the week.

call me a dumb-ass but can I just point out we're still a point ahead of em please? i.e. we're not behind em and have games in hand
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2008, 18:55:41 »

Quote from: OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR
In that event I believe he wants to play for us. /quote]

He wants to come back here

not the cobblers

FACT
flammableBen

« Reply #72 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2008, 19:03:38 »

He isn't showing much ambition, if we want to be in the Championship we should be signing players who want to play there.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #73 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2008, 19:38:35 »

I don't see much difference between the Portuguese bloke and this Fitton chap - forcing players onto the manager is a recipe for disaster.
neville w

« Reply #74 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2008, 20:22:37 »

Standards are slipping Reg.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: