Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Favourite Radio Station(s)  (Read 6408 times)
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2022, 11:28:22 »

Me too - Radio X in the mornings and then onto Podcasts

Ditto

Nothing to see here
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2022, 12:08:13 »

Got to be LBC for me.   Can’t put up with the modern crap row they call music these days.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2022, 12:19:37 »

Quote from: Bob's Orange
Isn't Radio 4 for people in their seventies?

I've always been an early developer.

it's just news/topical in the morning.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2022, 13:06:45 »

Me too, which shows do you like? For me it's Huey and Jamz Supernova. I quite like Radcliffe and Maconie as well, even though I hated Mark Radcliffe when he was on Radio 1. Iggy Pop's show seems pretty good but I don't generally listen to the radio at that time.

Still like a bit of Classic FM in the van, helps remind me to keep a better posture after a hard day. Absolute 90's is the only other one I really listen to, if there are other tradesman about and I want to keep the peace.

You might not get an answer, Sonic's not been around these parts for a long long time.

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2022, 13:28:34 »

Impressive thread bump.

Dunno about anyone else but I'm getting fed up of the seemingly untouchable Steve Wright on Radio2. £500k a year that bloke gets to sing over songs, cut them short and churn out his dated drivel. The half of the year he gets off offers much better replacements. Time he was moved on.
Used to like radio 2 when I was night trucking until they got rid of Janice Long and Alex Lester.  They also shat on Simon Mayo who did a good job I thought. I do like Sara Cox's show though to be fair to her.

I like greatest hits radio and enjoy Frank Skinner's show on Absolute radio Saturday mornings when driving to golf.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2022, 13:38:04 »

Another vote for Radio X.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2022, 13:38:33 »

Impressive thread bump.

Cheesy

Now, ain't that just like me?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2022, 13:45:42 »

Sara Cox does the early evening slot on Radio 2 now. Oddly I've never really minded her for some reason, I have found her enthusiasm palatable for whatever reason.

Sara Cox plays some really good stuff on her show, also Jo Wiley is less irritating than I used to find her on R1.

Dunno about anyone else but I'm getting fed up of the seemingly untouchable Steve Wright on Radio2. £500k a year that bloke gets to sing over songs, cut them short and churn out his dated drivel.

Never liked Steve Wright in the 80's when it was on the bus radio on the way home from school, and still dislike it now! Tedious stuff that is pretty much the same as what he was churning out nearly 40 years ago!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2022, 13:51:45 »

Impressive thread bump.

Dunno about anyone else but I'm getting fed up of the seemingly untouchable Steve Wright on Radio2. £500k a year that bloke gets to sing over songs, cut them short and churn out his dated drivel. The half of the year he gets off offers much better replacements. Time he was moved on.
Used to like radio 2 when I was night trucking until they got rid of Janice Long and Alex Lester.  They also shat on Simon Mayo who did a good job I thought. I do like Sara Cox's show though to be fair to her.

I like greatest hits radio and enjoy Frank Skinner's show on Absolute radio Saturday mornings when driving to golf.
100% on all of that, Wright used to be good but about 10 years ago he got so far up his own arse a proctologist couldnt get him out.

Mayo was badly treated by Radio 2.

And +1 for Skinner also Jason Manford on a Sunday mornogn on Absolute is worth a listen.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2022, 13:54:43 »

6 Music.
For those of you that used to like John Peel try the internet radio station dandelionradio.com which is an homage to the great man.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2022, 14:24:40 »

Due to my motoring movements nationally and that I only have an FM/MW radio in the van I have to take what I can get so it’s a toss up between R2 & Greatest Hits Radio. Re. Steve Wright, way past his sell by date talks over the songs and is stuck in the 1980’s. So I skip him if I can, Jeremy Whine just makes me annoyed with the banal crap they discuss and pander to the lowest common denominator. The female presenters do nothing for me whatsoever, as I may have mentioned it’s like radio mumsnet, even on GHR I switch over to something else when the ladies are on, oddly I do like Lisa Tarbuck though. Radio 4 now and then if there is something interesting or I drive in silence.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2022, 14:31:07 »

Sara Cox plays some really good stuff on her show, also Jo Wiley is less irritating than I used to find her on R1.

Never liked Steve Wright in the 80's when it was on the bus radio on the way home from school, and still dislike it now! Tedious stuff that is pretty much the same as what he was churning out nearly 40 years ago!

Yeah Jo Wiley is good also, I like the music she plays. 

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2022, 15:03:32 »

You might not get an answer, Sonic's not been around these parts for a long long time.

You'll have to make do with his sidekick.

17 years has got to be a record for a thread bump here?
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2022, 15:26:13 »

Radio 6
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2022, 15:37:43 »

Impressive thread bump.

I'm with you here.  And he's not the only one.  Ken Bruce, Jeremy Vine.  Nothing against any of them in particular.  But it does grate that recruitment seems to have been frozen 20+ years ago.  These are prime time spots on a prime station.  How much talent over the years has been blocked, or gone elsewhere?  I know Radio 2 isn't meant to be cutting edge...but you run the risk of it becoming very outdated with so little turnover.

Different topic, but similar to Gary Lineker's tenure on Match of the Day.  23 years (& counting) is simply too long a stint.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: