Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Favourite Radio Station(s)  (Read 6373 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2022, 10:22:20 »

Radio 2 is my station of choice.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2022, 10:25:27 »

Radio 2 is my station of choice.
Unortunately mine too, Ken Bruce for his pop quiz and Tony Blackburn on a Friday evening are my faves! yes I am old.

Otherwise I tend to listen to Absolute 80s or Heart 80s when out in the car.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2022, 10:30:54 »

I'd pay the BBC licence fee just for the radio.  Big part of my life.  Radio 6 most often, but also a frequent Radio 2, Radio 3, Radio 4 & Radio 5 listener.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2022, 10:32:16 »

Unortunately mine too, Ken Bruce for his pop quiz and Tony Blackburn on a Friday evening are my faves! yes I am old.

Otherwise I tend to listen to Absolute 80s or Heart 80s when out in the car.

I'm a little younger than you mate but I do like a bit of Ken Bruce - I'm not great at Popmaster! and Tony Blackburn. I quite like the Friday night whizz through the generations, so Gary Davies sound of the 80s followed by Fern Cotton's 90s show.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2022, 10:33:42 »

got to listen to radio 4 in the mornings now. music and over enthusiastic DJs aren't for me that early.

absolute, radio 5 and talksport on drives
not heart, never heart
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2022, 10:38:13 »

got to listen to radio 4 in the mornings now. music and over enthusiastic DJs aren't for me that early.

absolute, radio 5 and talksport on drives
not heart, never heart

Zoe Ball does my head in a little in the morning's right enough so I get your point about the music and DJs. Isn't Radio 4 for people in their seventies?

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2022, 10:40:07 »

Same as Chris Evans & Sara Cox. I do wonder how they can talk so much so early in the morning.

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman

« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2022, 10:41:24 »

I'm a little younger than you mate but I do like a bit of Ken Bruce - I'm not great at Popmaster! and Tony Blackburn. I quite like the Friday night whizz through the generations, so Gary Davies sound of the 80s followed by Fern Cotton's 90s show.
Absolutely Smiley

I am not a fan of Fern Cotton she annoys me so never listen to her, I am like Batch, I cant be doing with loud and energetic presenters in the mornings, even Zoe ball is too much most of the time!

I am not bad on Popmaster I normally get late teens early 20s but have had 3x 39s over the last few years, Adje from the TEF I understand has been on Popmaster in the past and did quite well so I believe, I am sure he will fill us in!

not heart, never heart
I only listen to Heart 80s as most of the day they don't have any presenters which suits me when driving.

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2022, 10:41:53 »

Same as Chris Evans & Sara Cox. I do wonder how they can talk so much so early in the morning.

Sara Cox does the early evening slot on Radio 2 now. Oddly I've never really minded her for some reason, I have found her enthusiasm palatable for whatever reason. I was never a massive fan of Chris Evans either but he was clearly very good at his job given his popularity.

Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2022, 10:43:03 »

6music, obviously Cool

Me too, which shows do you like? For me it's Huey and Jamz Supernova. I quite like Radcliffe and Maconie as well, even though I hated Mark Radcliffe when he was on Radio 1. Iggy Pop's show seems pretty good but I don't generally listen to the radio at that time.

Still like a bit of Classic FM in the van, helps remind me to keep a better posture after a hard day. Absolute 90's is the only other one I really listen to, if there are other tradesman about and I want to keep the peace.

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2022, 10:43:52 »

Sara Cox does the early evening slot on Radio 2 now. Oddly I've never really minded her for some reason, I have found her enthusiasm palatable for whatever reason. I was never a massive fan of Chris Evans either but he was clearly very good at his job given his popularity.
Evans is a knob, and arrogant self centred knob, yes I met him while he was filming a documentary at one of the festivals by band were playing at (Boomtown) and he didn't dispell my initial thoughts of him.

As stated above, Ball does my head in, shes too loud, talky and lovey.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2022, 10:44:15 »

Agree on both points. Evans is very good but does go on abit when he has guest in the studio. Sara Cox has done the morning shows over recent years but she's more plausible than the annoying Zoe ball.

So, give no fucks
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2022, 10:47:09 »

I'd genuinely rather sit in silence in the car than have the radio on, a lot of the time.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2022, 10:57:59 »

Radio X

Nothing to see here
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2022, 11:27:27 »

Radio X

Me too - Radio X in the mornings and then onto Podcasts

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: