Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Yeovil Sunday  (Read 13780 times)
Panda Paws

« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, September 5, 2007, 09:01:25 »

Although it's harsh on Strurrock Jr. I can't see a future for him at the club. He works incredibly hard but poses less goal threat than 3 or 4 of the other strikers, lacks the pace of mohammed, the strength of Paynter/Corr or the technique of Arrietta/Cox. His workrate is his best attribute, and I can't seem him getting near the 16.

I'm sure alot of people disagree and think sturrock snr shouldn't change an unbeaten team but having lacked alot upfront thus far, this should be changed.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, September 5, 2007, 10:09:42 »

I cannot even predict a line up for Sunday as too many options.

Pretty sure Pook will start as Sturrock hasn't got any reason to drop him.  He states players should earn their places - Pook has indeed done that.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, September 5, 2007, 10:24:48 »

The reason to leave anybody out of the side is not simply if they are not performing well. If you have someone better for a position and their inclusion will improve the team the change justifies itself. Hard decisions have to be made, but the point is for the team to be successful.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, September 5, 2007, 10:27:05 »

Quote from: "wheretherealredsare"
The reason to leave anybody out of the side is not simply if they are not performing well. If you have someone better for a position and their inclusion will improve the team the change justifies itself. Hard decisions have to be made, but the point is for the team to be successful.

agreed. JPM has to start. If that means dropping Roberts or Sofi then so be it.

(by the way Roberts and Zaaboub are my two favourite players...)
Red81

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, September 5, 2007, 10:40:00 »

Quote from: "jayohaitchenn"

I reckon drop Vincent. Pull Booby back to left back, switch Roberts to the left and get the big man JPM on the right side. Worth a go.

Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, September 5, 2007, 10:45:43 »

Yeovil have one of the best right wingers in the league, so i'd like to see someone who can defend at left back on sunday if im honest.

Things get better but they never get good
Red81

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, September 5, 2007, 10:47:37 »

Quote from: "STFC dave"
Yeovil have one of the best right wingers in the league, so i'd like to see someone who can defend at left back on sunday if im honest.
Yeah true. I just detest Vincent.

Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, September 5, 2007, 11:05:21 »

Quote from: "Red81"
Quote from: "jayohaitchenn"

I reckon drop Vincent. Pull Booby back to left back, switch Roberts to the left and get the big man JPM on the right side. Worth a go.

I agree totally, boob at LB, Robbo LW & JPM RW

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, September 5, 2007, 11:14:24 »

Quote from: "STFC dave"

Vincent will have this bloke in his pocket on Sunday, ok so he doesn't do the fancy stuff, but he's solid, and will snuff out any danger Yeovil have on their right wing.
red macca

« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, September 5, 2007, 11:19:03 »

Quote from: "Fred Elliot"
Dave......................... on a side note, if this Brez/Smith situation carries on like this I can really see Brez going January for a tidy sum.
Sticky situation though mate, the longer he is on the bench the lower his valuation will go
red macca

« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, September 5, 2007, 11:26:18 »

Quote from: "Blackcurrant"
I think the lineup will be (not should be...):

Smith

Smith
Ifil
Aljofree
Vincent

JP
Pook
Easton
Roberts

Sturrock
Cox

I think Peacock will be dropped. And i'm not too bothered if he is to be honest.
I agree with this bar peacock, would not play him myself but sturrock likes a target man and i cant see paynter playing sunday. Once corr and paynter are fit i think peacock will be dropped much to the disapointment of many no doubt
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, September 5, 2007, 11:51:46 »

Normally we are discussing which youth team players need to be brought in as cover, rather than which first teamers won't even make the bench. Sturrock has some VERY tough decision to make and quite frankly, I have no idea who I would pick.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, September 5, 2007, 12:02:55 »

I would go for this line up:

Smith

Smith
Ifil
Aljofree
Vincent

Roberts
Pook
Easton
Zaaboub

Cox
Arrieta

Subs: Brez; Commingues; McGovern; Peacock; Mohammed.

Seeing as we haven't had too many problems apart from sticking away chances I don't think changing anything about apart the forwards.

Peacock hasn't been in the form he showed end of last season, so I think it only fair that someone else gets a chance. Arrieta should get a start. He looked lively, managed to keep his work rate going the entire time he was on and made some good runs. He must be full of confidence after that goal as well.

Seeing as he and Cox linked up ok I think they should both start alongside each other.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, September 5, 2007, 12:09:16 »

To be honest I can't wait for Peacock to be dropped, he's struggling up front and having two out and out strikers would be great.

Peacock on the bench would further drive Pook on and hopefully this will lead to a lengthy period of form for MP.

Things are looking up, but I'm, not gonna get carried away with it all - just yet.

Like the sound of this McGovern fella, hopefully with all these competition for places we'll have some outstanding performaces this season.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, September 5, 2007, 12:41:44 »

I don't think that Arieta will start as Sturrock says he still needs to learn the english game, JPM I would imagine he will start, possibly in place of Sofi, and there may be 1 or 2 changes up front other than that we will be unchanged.

I'm sure Peacock will be benched but he will be pushing the duo in midfield hard as when he played there at the end of last season I think he really looked good in that position.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: