Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Yeovil Sunday  (Read 13744 times)
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, September 4, 2007, 20:09:26 »

Fucking hell !!!

PS has got some decisions to make, thats for sure.

Would love to hear from those that actually went as to their views on what our starting 11 would be

Very Very interesting
Rich Pullen

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, September 4, 2007, 20:13:27 »

I wouldn't make many dramatic changes as the game is going to be hard. I desperatly want to beat Yeovil.

The fact we have more attack minded players available makes me very happy.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, September 4, 2007, 20:16:57 »

Balckburn = started dodgy, but became more commanding as time went on. HIs passes from the back were very composed. Did good for me. Top scorer !!!!

Brez = didn't really have anything to do, but did what he could well. Wont dislodge smiffy though.

Kennedy = Was very impressed with him. Won't start on sunday, but should definatley be pushing vincent hard.

Allan = see Kennedy. Showed great composure, but again too far down the pecking order.

Arrietta = Took his goal very well, but did fuck all else.

Cox = Took his goal well, but looked a little ring rusty. Good movement though, and like the look of him.

Mohammed = I know he only played for 30 minutes, but tht was probably the best performance i've seen fro any of our strikers, bar sturrock at cheltenham. Always looked lively when he got the ball, and good lay-offs.

JPM = motm. Just looked a class above the rest. Should of done better with his goal though.

No-one else really stood out. I know others will probably disagree, but their just my opinions on the performances.

Things get better but they never get good
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, September 4, 2007, 20:17:49 »

Rich, I just see a hunger in both JP and Cox that excites me, there will be tears before bed time me thinks.

I know it was Brentford (only ?) but they were unbeaten so far this season, plus we scored 4 fucking goals.

Thats why I wanted to hear from those that went tonight and I ask the question

"would the team we put out on Saturday have scored 4 tonight ?"
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, September 4, 2007, 20:20:24 »

Dave......................... on a side note, if this Brez/Smith situation carries on like this I can really see Brez going January for a tidy sum.
magic8ball

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, September 4, 2007, 20:21:25 »

So the team for Sunday?

Code:
                 Smith

Smith           Ifil             Aljofree         Vincent

McGovern    Pook         Easton          Boob

Cox           Peacock
Rich Pullen

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, September 4, 2007, 20:21:51 »

Quote from: "Fred Elliot"
Rich, I just see a hunger in both JP and Cox that excites me, there will be tears before bed time me thinks.

I know it was Brentford (only ?) but they were unbeaten so far this season, plus we scored 4 fucking goals.

I think JP and Cox will be the new additions if there are any. Cox impressed me in his post match - JP seems dedicated to his boss - these are soundbites I haven't heard at Swindon for a good while.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, September 4, 2007, 20:23:08 »

The answer is yes if JP is playing. He was absolutely fantastic.

Big shout to Jesus aswell, was immense after a slow start.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, September 4, 2007, 20:23:18 »

Quote from: "magic8ball"
So the team for Sunday?

Code:
                 Smith

Smith           Ifil             Aljofree         Vincent

McGovern    Pook         Easton          Boob

Cox           Peacock

I still think we are weak defending down our left flank
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, September 4, 2007, 20:26:56 »

Apparently, Cox will be "knocking on Sturrock's door" if he isn't selected for Yeovil (as per his post match interview) I wonder what Sturrock will make of that :?

I agree with Fred. There will be one or two noses put out of joint this Sunday I think. There is fierce competition for places now.

Does anyone know why Billy Paynter wasn't even on the bench?
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, September 4, 2007, 20:29:35 »

Niggly injury OST

I am loving this strength in depth now

I fucking cant wait until Sunday
Panda Paws

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, September 4, 2007, 20:30:34 »

The first twenty minutes the team looked as if they'd never met, but after a shakey start (sorry, had to) they soon settled.

I don't think the team we put out saturday would have scored 4 for one reason. Mcgovern! Scored two corners when I can't remember us doing so so far this season, and his delivery for cox's header was awesome.

I think Peacock will be dropped to midfield sunday with cox and sturrock or arrietta up top, but would like to see cox and the prophet up front from the start. Mohammed was a breath of fresh air tonight, he showed great pace, power and control, and his ball through to JPM was perfect. He's tactically naive but is worth a gamble after the lack of pace up front so far.

The back 5 pick themselves, but the big decision is who plays wide, 3 into 2 doesn't go! Personally, JPM has got to play and then i'd go with roberts as i think his overall effect on a game is greater than zaaboub, but we could debate it all night!
magic8ball

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, September 4, 2007, 20:31:20 »

Niggly injury OST

I am loving this strength in depth now

I fucking cant wait until Sunday

On telly too!

What better way to show the rest of League 1 that we mean business  Cool
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, September 4, 2007, 20:33:20 »

Quote from: "Panda Paws"
The first twenty minutes the team looked as if they'd never met, but after a shakey start (sorry, had to) they soon settled.

I don't think the team we put out saturday would have scored 4 for one reason. Mcgovern! Scored two corners when I can't remember us doing so so far this season, and his delivery for cox's header was awesome.

I think Peacock will be dropped to midfield sunday with cox and sturrock or arrietta up top, but would like to see cox and the prophet up front from the start. Mohammed was a breath of fresh air tonight, he showed great pace, power and control, and his ball through to JPM was perfect. He's tactically naive but is worth a gamble after the lack of pace up front so far.

The back 5 pick themselves, but the big decision is who plays wide, 3 into 2 doesn't go! Personally, JPM has got to play and then i'd go with roberts as i think his overall effect on a game is greater than zaaboub, but we could debate it all night!

who deserves to be dropped out of the CM to accommodate Peacs though PP ?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, September 4, 2007, 20:33:32 »

Dave......................... on a side note, if this Brez/Smith situation carries on like this I can really see Brez going January for a tidy sum.

So can i sadly. But then again, smith has done nothing to deserve being dropped, so would be extremely harsh on him.

If we got 500k for brez though, smith keeps performing as he has been, and we sign one real top quality player with that transfer money, we're laughing!

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: