Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: PFA Awards League Two Team (no Swindon players)  (Read 5000 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 12:02:43 »

Quote from: "Bushey Boy"
Fair point Tails, however what I am saying is we havent exactly enetertained in much of the games have we? Dont get me wrong I would have and still will take promotion on goal difference but to be team of the year we have to be entertaining in my opinion.  Personally I dont think many of our players have been brilliant this year.  Then again I dont care as long as we go up

Welcome to League Two I guess! All the more reason to be greatful that we will shortly be leaving (fingers crossed).

I think when we've got going we've been superb, although this hasn't happened often enough and usually comes in 10 minute patches every other game... That could be down to the general hoof and foul tactic that most League Two teams employ I'm not sure, but I don't think it's a coincidence that when we've played teams who play football we look a lot better.

I think we could do well in League One next season with the current squad to be honest, with one or two obvious changes.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 12:05:34 »

Quote from: "Northern Red"
Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"
Clayton Ince gets GK of the season!  :shock:  

I know  :shock:

The amount of times this season I've sat there and said "Walsall would win this league by a mile if they had a decent goalkeeper"...

He's shit

I can only judge on the one game I've seen him this season, and I must be honest that I've seen a lot better 'keepers than him. He was hillariously dodgy and him and Roper combined pretty much gifted Lukas his goal at the Bescot. Not taking anything away from Lukas of course because he still did well to turn and finish, but it could and probably should have been dealt with better considering Ince is the 'leagues best goalkeeper'.
mattboyslim

« Reply #47 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 12:18:26 »

They're more than welcome to the 'leagues best goalkeeper', I'm happy enough with the two best goalkeeepers in the league though.
magic8ball

« Reply #48 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 12:56:34 »

Did anybody else find it slightly amusing that despite being the leagues current top goalscorer, Jamie Cunteton didn't get put in the Championship team?
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 14:27:06 »

Was talking to a Rotherham fan the other day

His opinion on Monkhouse was that he is ok in a winning team, but when he is required when the team is going through a losing run on a cold Tuesday night for instance he goes missing.

Will be interestingto see how he progresses when they go on a losing run
adje

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 16:08:57 »

Brez and Evo would have made it if they'd stayed fit

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 17:04:01 »

Apparently these adwards were voted in December. Wycombe were in the top four, as was Walsall top of the league.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
lebowski

« Reply #52 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 17:28:40 »

...so Monkhouse must have been in the team based on his performance for us?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: