Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: PFA Awards League Two Team (no Swindon players)  (Read 5014 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, April 22, 2007, 22:18:08 »

nah, not really.....I see that shit, always injured player got in there. Not good enough for us  :roll:  Wink
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, April 22, 2007, 22:24:48 »

couldn't give a shit.

smith and ifil have been good but nelson and westwood have probably been just as good if not better. unlucky for smith but oh well, he's not even our number 1.

officially blacker than the night.
red macca

« Reply #32 on: Sunday, April 22, 2007, 22:25:37 »

I would argue though that i have not seen a better right back than jack smith this year
sonic youth

« Reply #33 on: Sunday, April 22, 2007, 22:28:21 »

I would argue that you've been very drunk at most games and might not be the best judge of player.

then again Sturrock always seems drunk.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #34 on: Sunday, April 22, 2007, 22:31:07 »

To choose a loan player in the form of that twat Doherty is a bit off.

Ah well - We're on course for Automatic Promotion - all the recognition and accolades Ifil and co really need.
red macca

« Reply #35 on: Sunday, April 22, 2007, 22:33:44 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
I would argue that you've been very drunk at most games and might not be the best judge of player.

then again Sturrock always seems drunk.
I would not argue that
Barry Scott

« Reply #36 on: Sunday, April 22, 2007, 22:52:59 »

Quote from: "Bushey Boy"
You sound like the great George Graham

In real life i do, but very slightly more girly.  Cheesy
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 11:03:53 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"
Jerel Ifil gets booked too frequently to be in that list imo
I looked at the team and immediately came to the same opinion, until I see the name of Tommy Docherty there who has served at least 7 games suspension and is not even a Wycombe player, he's on loan!
mattboyslim

« Reply #38 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 11:06:51 »

Aside from the obvious deficincies in the team (look at League one and see no City players either), the whol PFA thing needs looking at.  I can't understand why they are voting in January - surely the voting shoyuld eb about now for awards in May time - it can't be that tricky to count up the votes surely.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #39 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 11:14:15 »

Obviously these awards are voted for by the players.

I can only think of Mark Wright who has come out and fully praised Swindon. Most teams always say things along the lines of.....

"We shouldn't have lost today.... Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah"

I think this is evident within the results - because let's be fair, we haven't played truly outstanding football this season.

Still, to put Tommy Doherty in there...  :evil:
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 11:16:36 »

Quote from: "red macca"
Yeovil is right.  We are lucky to go up after some of our performances
Ash usually i agree with most of what you say but that is bollocks mate.we are 3rd and still have a slim chance of the title,we are 6 points clear of 4th and 14 clear of 5th.That is not lucky at all imo you cant be lucky over 40 odd games

When you look at the points total then yes we have got lots of points. Personally I can only think of 3 games where we totally outplayed the other team, walsall lincoln and yesterday.

I just havent thought we looked that good in most of our games this year.

Football is just as much about defending as it is offending Ash. If we'd had a decent defence last season, we'd have been laughing with the amount of goals Fallon/Cureton scored/could score.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 11:20:03 »

Fair point Tails, however what I am saying is we havent exactly enetertained in much of the games have we? Dont get me wrong I would have and still will take promotion on goal difference but to be team of the year we have to be entertaining in my opinion.  Personally I dont think many of our players have been brilliant this year.  Then again I dont care as long as we go up

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 11:45:15 »

Fair point Tails, however what I am saying is we havent exactly enetertained in much of the games have we? Dont get me wrong I would have and still will take promotion on goal difference but to be team of the year we have to be entertaining in my opinion.  Personally I dont think many of our players have been brilliant this year.  Then again I dont care as long as we go up

I expect Walsall fans and even some Hartlepool fans will say exactly the same

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 11:48:59 »

ifil should have made it.apart from him dont think any others were worthy, with the possible exeption of phil smith.
Northern Red

« Reply #44 on: Monday, April 23, 2007, 12:00:16 »

Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"
Clayton Ince gets GK of the season!  :shock:  

I know  :shock:

The amount of times this season I've sat there and said "Walsall would win this league by a mile if they had a decent goalkeeper"...

He's shit
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: