Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: PFA Awards League Two Team (no Swindon players)  (Read 4987 times)
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« on: Sunday, April 22, 2007, 20:28:58 »

Clayton INCE - Walsall

The Trinidad & Tobago keeper has come a long way, literally, since being hailed as the Best Goalkeeper in the Caribbean in the late 1990s. After establishing himself at Crewe, a move to Coventry didn't work out but he's more than making up for lost time with Walsall as the Saddlers celebrate their promotion campaign.

Craig PEAD - Walsall

Craig has been one of Walsall's most consistent performers this season as he looks to get back to the level he once played with Coventry City. He is still remembered by Sky Blues' fans for the 30-yard wonder goal he scored against Wimbledon at the old Highfield Road, and it didn't take him long to become a firm favourite at the Bescot either.

Michael NELSON - Hartlepool

Having done the non-league rounds at Spennymoor and Bishop Auckland, Michael's league break came at Bury where he made 74 appearances, scoring eight goals, before returning to his native North East to sign for Hartlepool, for whom he's again performing like he did when he joined the club in 2003. A key player in Pools' record-breaking unbeaten run this season.

Christopher WESTWOOD - Walsall

Having started his career at Wolves, Chris returned to the West Midlands at the start of the 2005-2006 season after clocking up over 250 appearances for Hartlepool. He was signed by former Walsall boss Paul Merson who, having labelled Chris the best defender in the division at the time, made him club captain within days of his arrival at the Bescot.

Ritchie HUMPHREYS - Hartlepool

According to research, when Ritchie burst onto the scene with Sheffield Wednesday in the mid-90s, he was described by Dutch legend Johan Cruyff no less as 'the next Marco Van Basten'! Ritchie may not have quite hit those heights, but he's certainly highly regarded at Hartlepool for whom hes made well over 200 appearances.

Lee FRECKLINGTON - Lincoln

Having begun his footballing education at Norwich City's Academy, Lee went on to Lincoln's Centre of Excellence before making his league debut for the Imps, under former manager Keith Alexander, in the 2004-2005 season. A Republic of Ireland B international, Lee has been a mainstay in the City midfield this season, attracting interest from above.
Dean KEATES - Walsall

Midfielder Dean began his career with hometown club Walsall and was was a key member of the Saddlers' midfield in their rise to the old Division One in 1999. He moved to Hull City in 2002, and on to Kidderminster and Lincoln City before returning to Walsall in 2006. Once again he's been playing a starring role as the Saddlers hit the promotion trail once more.

Andrew MONKHOUSE - Hartlepool

Only fitting that a player called Monkhouse - 'Monkey' to his mates - should find himself playing for the 'Monkeyhangers', but that's the story for Andy, and it's been a happy one since he joined the club last year, initially on loan, because that was when Pool embarked on their record unbeaten run. What's more Andy had the pleasure of scoring the winner against his old club Swindon.

Tommy DOHERTY - Wycombe (on loan from QPR)

Northern Ireland international Tommy's career went off the boil after being farmed out on loan by QPR, initially to Yeovil, but he's back and buzzing again during his loan spell with the Chairboys, for whom he's enjoying a second spell after a break in his loan contract around Christmas. Tommy's again showing the form that brought him 33 goals in 156 appearances for Bristol City.

Izale McLEOD - Franchise

The former Derby striker, who also had a loan spell with Sheffield United, is a Dons' cult hero having scored goals all the way - more than 50 in just over 100 games - since joining the club at the start of the 2005-06 season. Already well through the 20-goal mark this term, he was recently named by the Football League as the division's Player of the Year.

Jermaine EASTER - Wycombe

Jermaine travelled around a bit - taking in spells at Stockport, Wolves, Hartlepool, Cambridge and Boston - before settling at Wycombe, although it didn't 'happen' for him straightaway. But this season hes been in sparkling goalscoring form and his partnership with the experienced Tommy Mooney is as good as anything in the division. Now a Welsh international.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, April 22, 2007, 20:30:32 »

Link: http://www.givemefootball.com/display.cfm?article=10274&type=1

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, April 22, 2007, 20:30:49 »

Are they having a fucking giraffe?

Fuck me, some of those players are mildly crap at best.

Team of the season? My fucking foot are they.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, April 22, 2007, 20:31:02 »

hahaha monkhouse  :x

No Jerel Ifil is truely shocking....
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, April 22, 2007, 20:38:03 »

Fuck me, what a load of shite that is. The same clayton ince who was stuck on line and let lukas run right towards him when we played them at the bescot earlier in the season, is better than phil smith :?

Jermain easters only in it because he had a good bit of form at the start of the season. He's been crap recently, couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo. What about forrester, stallard etc.

what a joke

Things get better but they never get good
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, April 22, 2007, 20:41:36 »

To have not one single solitary Swindon player is a fucking joke - FACT!

Seriously, that is fucking bollocks.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, April 22, 2007, 20:42:48 »

I dont think any of our players have been that great so its fair enough to be honest.

/
W56196272
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, April 22, 2007, 20:43:28 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
I dont think any of our players have been that great so its fair enough to be honest.

Jerel Ifil and Phil Smith must've been in with a good shout.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, April 22, 2007, 20:45:24 »

Phil Smith has been nothing less than magnficant - FACT!
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, April 22, 2007, 20:49:01 »

Phil Smith has been steady,even pretty good but best in the league??  nah

Jerels been pretty good but still cocks up alot again not the best in the league imo

/
W56196272
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, April 22, 2007, 20:52:56 »

Phil Smith has been steady,even pretty good but best in the league??  nah

Jerels been pretty good but still cocks up alot again not the best in the league imo

Oh fuck off back to Plant Smash Cool
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, April 22, 2007, 20:55:45 »

agreed. apart from peacock i think we have an industrious team, then some lazy fucks on the periferies

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, April 22, 2007, 20:56:00 »

Yeovil is right.  We are lucky to go up after some of our performances

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, April 22, 2007, 20:59:37 »

Jerel hasnt put a foot wrong

Much better than Westwood or Pead
glos_robin

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, April 22, 2007, 21:02:13 »

How did Whalley not get in it? I mean he's been ever present at home this season... :-))(
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: