Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A message to the board of STFC  (Read 10078 times)
Trini

Ignore
« on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 17:26:06 »

I'm not a member of the trust, the consortium or any other clique that may exist ... I am a middle-aged Swindonian who has been a life long STFC supporter through the good and the bad times and I have been a season ticket holder for over 20 years - most of my working life.

STFC is a major part of my life and I've kept quiet for many years but I have now reached the end of my tether with you and am now totally fed up with the amatuerish, underhand and disrespectful way you are running (or should I say RUINING) the club I love. I detest the way the lifeblood of the club is being sucked away by 'vampires' that claim to be directors (and personal advisers) of this club.

YOU (THE BOARD) SHOULD HOLD YOUR HEADS IN SHAME   Cheesy ... (Holt, you really are a laughing stock; Carson, please leave and concentrate on your racing; Bowden, find a new job, one that you're capable of doing properly; and finally I'm sad to say the Wills family - find some guts to stand up for yourselves instead of taking poor, ill-advised guidance from Diamandes who quite obviously doesn't care about this club or its fans). You've proved over the last 5 years that you cannot take this club forward - It's now time for you all to stand aside and let people who have a genuine interest in rejuvanating this club hold the reins.

Long live the Orange Revolution ..... Long live the Power.

69 ...... my favourite number.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 17:28:45 »

:goodpost:
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 17:29:11 »

Trini will you be joining the protests from now on them?

Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 17:52:52 »

can you bring along suzannah if you do please?

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Trini

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 18:03:09 »

I take 2 young children to every home game and, although, I was there when Lou Macari was sacked in the 80's; and again when we were unjustly dealt with by the Football League in 91 and agian when Hoddle decided to leave us in the lurch in 93. I've read the press on how Mr Holt has disrespected the protestors and this action alone should be reason enough for the Board to kick his sad ass out of this club once and forever. I've also heard and read about Diamandes' disgusting language and behaviour in front of his own family at one match. So I really don't want to subject young kids into what could become an unsavoury angry atmosphere.  

However, we all wear our orange hats and I am in full support of initiatives that will bring an end to the current regime. I suggest more peaceful protests such as the blimp (what a great idea that was) are contiued at every home game.

Also, I feel that the recent actions of local supporters, the consortium and Mr Power in the both the press and the local radio should be increased.

This cannot be ignored by the board and Holt's recent reactions really bring out the real personalities we are dealing with - MORONS.

Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 18:22:52 »

I respect that view with your children, Hopefully they will leave soon

yeo

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 18:28:34 »

Good for you trini and welcome aboard .

/
W56196272
Razzledazzle

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 18:32:14 »

Good posts trini, i agree with you 100%, this is my view of the current situation.

The board definitley need to go without doubt, they have had their time and they have had years to sort the club out but they have done nothing for this football club.

I have been watching swindon for around 18 years now since i was quite young when i started going and things are terrible right now, everything about the club seems to be fading away.

The playing squad is threadbare with no investment in the playing staff, we have let good players leave without really replacing them, i don't think Mr Sturrock is to blame, i think his hand may have been forced by the board, i wonder if Mr Sturrock finally realises what an incompetent board he is working for now.

Alot of money has disappeared, probably into the back pockets of the board members, the fallon money, parkin money, wise/poyet compensation, concert money etc etc where has it all gone, oh yes also the money that Mr Power invested in the summer where has that disappeared to as well?

More and more fans are turning against the board everyday now i feel, alot of people who were undecided are joining in and supporting the consortium which obviously is very good news as soon there will not be many fans left who support the current bunch of incompetent idiots running the club.

I feel that Mr Power and the consortium would run the club properly and clear the debts and i feel confident that investment would be made in the playing squad as well which rarely happens at this club.

I will not buy anything from the club again i.e (programmes, season tickets, food, drinks, merchandise) etc until the consortium are running the club, the board will not like being out of pocket.

The blimp was a classic idea and it went down a treat, i loved seeing the look on Mr Bowdens and Mr Holts faces when that was up.

As for Mr Bob "There Is No Consortium" Holt well he should be a comedian not a board member, he has to be the biggest clown out of any clubs board in the country, what a baffoon and total fool he is.

Rant over.
Trini

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 18:45:09 »

Totally agree Razzledazzle.

I feel a little sorry for Sturrock because I'm sure he qould sign quality players if he had the resources made available. WE are the only club not to have strengthened during the last transfer window. In fact, all we have done is get rid of players.

I pray that this season will end in success but if it meant the board remained in place then, right now, I'd settle for failure and new owners. The only hope is that they don't get rid of this Manager as I believe he will get things right given a little time and a reasonable level of resources.

Razzledazzle

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 18:50:17 »

I too feel sorry for Sturrock, he is a proven manager and i bet he feels betrayed by the board, i believe if he was given abit of money then he would get a decent squad together but the board are holding the club back, they are strangling us basically.

I think the board want us to stay in this division so that they don't have to fork out for promotion bonuses etc.

We need this board out, we have to kee pushing, ideally they will be gone by the end of the season if not then in the summer sometime but i will be very concerned and worried if they managed to sort out the cva and remain in control for next season.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 19:35:35 »

A successful promotion push may have taken some of the heat off the current board in the short term.  But now the push is looking a little more shaky than it was a few weeks ago, and they can't even rely on that.  I'm quite sure that - whether we go up or not - the pressure they are going to feel before the end of the season is going to increase markedly.  But if we do fail to go up, they might as well pack their bags right now.  Once the financial protests start (season ticket boycotts etc.) - as they will in time - it will all start to unravel for them.

The balance has moved significantly away from the board in the last week, after weeks of stalemate.  At what point will they finally realise the game is up?  For their sake and ours, I hope sooner rather than later.

Start talking constructively now, and plan for a dignified exit.  Otherwise, you will be forced to leave...and the manner of that exit will be anything but dignified.
Razzledazzle

« Reply #11 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 19:40:02 »

Good points Ardiles, they could talk and have a fairly dignified exit or they could be literally dragged out of the club by their ears....the choice is theirs of course but no doubt if that don't go nicely their life at every home game will be made a complete misery and more and more people will turn against them and they will be forced to go, they can save themselves alot of grief by going now, otherwise they get what they deserve.
Trini

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 20:14:19 »

I would have loved to have seen Power and SSW in an alliance, working together to make STFC a force capable of getting to the championship but unless he can find the means to offload the MORONS it will never have the chance to happen. It may already be too late now anyway.   Crying

Razzledazzle

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 20:19:50 »

I lost respect for seton wills a long time ago, if he really cared about stfc and us fans then he would not be controlled by mr diamandis and he would do the honourable and decent thing and sell the club to the consortium, that way he could say he helped move the club forward, instead he is letting diamandis insult our club and its fans and they are dragging the club down and maybe into possible extinction.
Trini

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 20:36:47 »

I must admit you're views express the reality of the situation. I was dreaming of what could have been.

All around us there are forward thinking councils helping local clubs to build new stadia, forward thinking Boards working with the local community to build for success. It seems that we STFC fans are destined to suffer for eternity.

Come on SSW see the light ...... you could still be seen as the man who helped to start the drive to the promised land ...... get real, see the light and commence  negotiations with Bill Power.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: