Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A message to the board of STFC  (Read 10082 times)
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 21:57:19 »

They current board are our PR machine without a doubt
pewshamrobin

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 21:59:41 »

See your logic, but would that not be the final nuclear option of a program of economic boycott? Bigger question is outside of fans on forums who have indicated they would fully boycott if needed, how many of the wider fanbase would support this ?

ewsham Robin
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 22:02:43 »

Quote from: "pewshamrobin"
See your logic, but would that not be the final nuclear option of a program of economic boycott? Bigger question is outside of fans on forums who have indicated they would fully boycott if needed, how many of the wider fanbase would support this ?

Numbers of disillusioned fans are growing by the hour, if we keep the pressure up and the board keep scoring own goals then I think you would be surprised.

The tipping point for me will be when we, as the Trust, sanction active protests
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 22:04:16 »

It would certainly not be beyond the bounds of possibility for an account (simiarl to the RAF) to be set-up to hold peoples funds for season tickets.  The question would be to guarantee the price for the purchaser on the day they provide the funds.  That may mean someone having to fund an increased price if the Consortium do not obtain owenrship before the 1st game of the season - I'd guess the people would still want to get their season tickets you see.

I know people say a boycott won't get the numbers, and you are right - but also wrong Wink

Check out our recent attendances, even allowing for some of the opposition.  Given where we were in the league and our run of results in January, we should (and history backs this up) have been getting more than our average gate for the season up to that point.  It's around the past month or so when the attendances pick-up for a promotion season, and they've gone in reverse.  not an organised protest, but the whole atmosphere around the club is acting almost as anti advertising.
pewshamrobin

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 22:07:50 »

Question is when will the Trust sanction active protest ? I appreciate why they held off to allow time for any negotiations to commence but the Board appear to be stringing this out for eternity.

ewsham Robin
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 22:11:04 »

I think yesterdays Adver piece has set the stall out.

If more stalling tactics are utilised by the board then I think that the patience that is already thin will become non existent.

Once that happens then I am sure the membership will be asked to vote
Razzledazzle

« Reply #51 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 22:14:04 »

The board have been stalling for weeks and i believe they will continue stalling so that they can stall until the season ends and then we cannot protest, i think thats their plan, would be nice to get the go ahead from the trust for the shrewsbury game.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 22:15:35 »

Quote from: "Razzledazzle"
The board have been stalling for weeks and i believe they will continue stalling so that they can stall until the season ends and then we cannot protest, i think thats their plan, would be nice to get the go ahead from the trust for the shrewsbury game.

There is a Trust meeting the morning of the Shrews game

11.30am at the Moonies
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #53 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 22:16:48 »

11:30am?

FFS
Razzledazzle

« Reply #54 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 22:17:37 »

Would be excellent if we could get trust backing for that game, go straight from the meeting to the game then i would expect 500+ fans to be behind the arkells, i wouldn't be surprised to see 1000+ fans behind their once trust backing is approved, everyone will join in then.
pewshamrobin

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 22:18:19 »

More patience needed I see to allow the process to see its course & when this has been exhausted, possibly a change of direction.

ewsham Robin
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #56 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 22:19:59 »

Would be excellent if we could get trust backing for that game, go straight from the meeting to the game then i would expect 500+ fans to be behind the arkells, i wouldn't be surprised to see 1000+ fans behind their once trust backing is approved, everyone will join in then.

Do you really think we'll get that many with Trust backing?

I don't think everyone who's a member of the Trust would agree with active protests
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 22:20:40 »

I wouldnt be so sure,the Trust has a membership of near 1000 but how many are active members? I think a Trust call to arms would increase numbers a bit but in reality 500-1000 is pie in the sky.

/
W56196272
pewshamrobin

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 22:21:23 »

Agree with Razzle/Dazzle if the Consortium cant envisage positive progress , in next 2 weeks, mandate Trust members to vote a motion for active protest before Shrewsbury game.

ewsham Robin
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Sunday, March 18, 2007, 22:22:23 »

Totally agreed
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: