Pages: 1 ... 288 289 290 [291] 292 293 294 ... 312   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gigs  (Read 1072684 times)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #4350 on: Saturday, October 8, 2022, 12:23:48 »

Maybe the vocals have lost that raw aggressive edge but to be expected over 40 plus years I guess.
Really good show though. He still clearly enjoys playing & the audience can see & appreciate that.
Solo stuff is good & he's touring again next month.
Always worth a watch.
Plus the drummer looks like Jonny Williams. Moonlighting ahead of sticking a couple in the onion bag this afternoon.
What's not to like.
Yes, I took a photo of the drummer to show my lad as there was an uncanny resemblance!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4351 on: Tuesday, October 18, 2022, 10:22:33 »

Glastonbury has always been one for the bucket list, but sadly that is likely to stay there given the cost.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-63298334

£340 for next year.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #4352 on: Tuesday, October 18, 2022, 10:31:46 »

Glastonbury has always been one for the bucket list, but sadly that is likely to stay there given the cost.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-63298334

£340 for next year.

£75 up on last year, albeit we paid for the 2021 tickets in 2019. Pretty tough, but expect essentially all their costs have gone through the roof.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4353 on: Tuesday, October 18, 2022, 10:42:23 »

£75 up on last year, albeit we paid for the 2021 tickets in 2019. Pretty tough, but expect essentially all their costs have gone through the roof.

Oh fully aware that everything on the planet has increased in price so not a complaint as such. It will be interesting to see if it still sells out at that price, I guess it will.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #4354 on: Tuesday, October 18, 2022, 11:26:11 »

Oh fully aware that everything on the planet has increased in price so not a complaint as such. It will be interesting to see if it still sells out at that price, I guess it will.
I think its utterly ridiculous price, when we played Glasto 10 years ago we as lower acts had to buy our own titkcets which was about £90 for the weekend which seemed a lot back then, this is a lot of money.

That said the Glasto clan have a huge amount of disposable income and I expect it would still easily sell out 2 or 3 times over even at that massive price. Its not a festival for poorer people and hasnt been for 15+ years since before it became popular.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4355 on: Tuesday, October 18, 2022, 11:37:42 »

I think its utterly ridiculous price, when we played Glasto 10 years ago we as lower acts had to buy our own titkcets which was about £90 for the weekend which seemed a lot back then, this is a lot of money.

That said the Glasto clan have a huge amount of disposable income and I expect it would still easily sell out 2 or 3 times over even at that massive price. Its not a festival for poorer people and hasnt been for 15+ years since before it became popular.

I like the way you just drop that in  Wink

Its been gentrified for way more than 15 years I think. Friends of mine went every year from probably 1992-1997 and whilst the line up in those years was completely my cup of tea I never went as it always clashed with something else I did on that weekend every year (and I always regret not going). Then in 1998ish it seemed to get very gentrified (for instance my brother and his wife started going every year who for context had an au pair in the early 2000's  Cheesy) and I suspected it would no longer be my cup of tea.

I have got a mate who goes every year (also did the Olympics, Commonwealth Games and Reading Festivals which is apparently a nightmare) to work as a volunteer pharmacist as part of the on site medical team and he gets in for nowt and gets a free ticket which his brother uses. He has got some interesting tales as to how the demographic and what has needed treatment has changed over the years he has been doing it.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #4356 on: Tuesday, October 18, 2022, 12:00:31 »

I like the way you just drop that in  Wink

Its been gentrified for way more than 15 years I think. Friends of mine went every year from probably 1992-1997 and whilst the line up in those years was completely my cup of tea I never went as it always clashed with something else I did on that weekend every year (and I always regret not going). Then in 1998ish it seemed to get very gentrified (for instance my brother and his wife started going every year who for context had an au pair in the early 2000's  Cheesy) and I suspected it would no longer be my cup of tea.

I have got a mate who goes every year (also did the Olympics, Commonwealth Games and Reading Festivals which is apparently a nightmare) to work as a volunteer pharmacist as part of the on site medical team and he gets in for nowt and gets a free ticket which his brother uses. He has got some interesting tales as to how the demographic and what has needed treatment has changed over the years he has been doing it.
Michael Eavis is a fucking arrogant knob, Emily who deals with all the festival though is  a lovely woman. We did a gig for his nephews wedding and hewas strutting around in the venue like he owned the place (he didn't!).

Its all about making money and has been gentrified for many years now.

On an asside I met Michael Eavis last week, we did a gig for his nephew, hes a miserable old ugly fucker.

I have got a mate who goes every year (also did the Olympics, Commonwealth Games and Reading Festivals which is apparently a nightmare) to work as a volunteer pharmacist as part of the on site medical team and he gets in for nowt and gets a free ticket which his brother uses.
Eavis has stopped giving out free tickets to helpers now to cut costs as he felt it was being abused. I have a several mates wo do the security and they arent allowed any freebies now.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4357 on: Tuesday, October 18, 2022, 12:37:59 »

No idea about Eavis, assume he must be bloody ancient now anyway.

Not sure if Macka is doing Glasto next year, he did this year with the free ticket I know. These volunteer roles all seem to be odd like for the Commonwealth Games whilst he got some free passes to events (mainly it appears ones that obviously hadn't sold very well) and a degree of access all area pass, he also had to find and pay for his own accommodation etc. I know at Glasto they get a segregated piece of campsite with facilities (including reasonably clean toilets and showers etc).
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #4358 on: Wednesday, October 19, 2022, 17:37:28 »

Going to see a young up & coming band called Deep Purple tomorrow Smiley
adje

Ignore
« Reply #4359 on: Wednesday, October 19, 2022, 17:56:04 »

Going to see a young up & coming band called Deep Purple tomorrow Smiley
Gig envy

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #4360 on: Wednesday, October 19, 2022, 20:05:04 »

Its sad that most decent bands won't be around in the next few years
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #4361 on: Thursday, October 20, 2022, 12:34:30 »

Billy Idol at Wembley Arena last night.

Originally slated for a while ago and to be supported by The Go Go's but illness got in the way so rescheduled.

Supported by Toyah and Killing Joke.

Toyah was great and full of beans- preferable to the GO Go's for me.

Never been a fan of Killing Joke and last night reminded me why.

Billy was as good as we expected. Proper legend.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #4362 on: Friday, October 28, 2022, 15:42:49 »

The Damned in Hammersmith tonight.
Original lineup.
Should be interesting & good support bands as well.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #4363 on: Friday, October 28, 2022, 16:16:39 »

Billy Idol at Wembley Arena last night.

Originally slated for a while ago and to be supported by The Go Go's but illness got in the way so rescheduled.

Supported by Toyah and Killing Joke.

Toyah was great and full of beans- preferable to the GO Go's for me.

Never been a fan of Killing Joke and last night reminded me why.

Billy was as good as we expected. Proper legend.
Not a fan of Killing Joke? Wash your mouth out!!!!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #4364 on: Saturday, October 29, 2022, 09:15:14 »

Not a fan of Killing Joke? Wash your mouth out!!!!
Sorry, me neither, they just dont do it for me.

Pages: 1 ... 288 289 290 [291] 292 293 294 ... 312   Go Up
Print
Jump to: