Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mike Wilks statement of clarification taken from MOS.  (Read 5130 times)
Roddy_Radiation

« on: Wednesday, December 20, 2006, 23:17:38 »

STATEMENT of Clarification  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like to clear up some confusion which has arisen regarding the issue of a formal offer to SSW during the month of November.

On 2nd November I met with SSW at the Bear Hotel Hungerford and during a pleasant and productive discussion, I outlined the basis of a possible deal which my consortium would be prepared to provide in the form of a formal offer to purchase the shareholding of James Wills in the holding company. Prior to the meeting I had been asked by SSW in a previous phone call to provide evidence that my backers had the financial means to support any proposed offer.

I took with me a letter signed by the Head of Private Banking for Lloyds TSB, the letter was read and accepted by SSW and broad discussions commenced. I cannot reveal details of the discussion for obvious commercial reasons but the result was that SSW asked for more details to be included in a formal proposal document. We subsequently agreed by telephone to meet for a second time at the Hilton Hotel M4 Newbury on the 11th November 2006.

At the meeting I presented a non disclosure agreement binding both parties to confidentiality, a proposal document containing the basis of the deal we had discussed previously and an exclusivity document to allow for due diligence to take place. It became clear as we proceeded that SSW was unable to arrange for signature of the NDA and that we were unable to move to the next phase of submission of the proposal document. A discussion took place as to why this should be so and it was agreed that SSW would seek legal advice and revert to me in a few days.

After a number of calls it became clear that we would not be able to proceed in the discreet and confidential manner I had proposed. Martin Starnes proceeded to make public statements regarding the veracity of documentation and other matters. During the period 12 to 21 November a number of calls where made to SSW by Bill Powers business partner in an attempt to break the impasse by way of a private meeting between the parties; on the 30th November a letter was sent to Mr. Emmel signed by SSW and James Wills (arrived 4th December) stating that they were not prepared to meet and that any proposal should be made to Trevor Watkins of Clarke Wllmott. A formal proposal was duly submitted following further legal advice on 19th December.

At no stage has the Consortium or Bill Power sought to publicise any details of what we hoped would be confidential and constructive negotiations, it has been necessary on two occasions to publicly correct erroneous and frankly disruptive club statements and it is hoped that all parties can now move forward without the need for unnecessary public comment.

Michael Wilks
louavo

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, December 20, 2006, 23:29:32 »

yeah and like I said on thisis, a fans consortium should take the time to publish statements on all outlets where info is gained by fans of STFC, not on the 95% in favour forum and leave it to the rest of us to spread the word.

It's lazy, it's half arsed and it does nothing to boost confidence or support in the cause for a fans takeover of the club. Wtf you going to be like when running the club  Cheesy

I do however still support it.  Cool
glos_robin

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, December 20, 2006, 23:32:26 »

Just as abit of a wind up...........the club do this too as they only post on the official site, which to read you have to sign up and get bombarded with crap and junk mail. So really they should post their propaganda everywhere too.

Regardless I know what you are saying, but it has got around now and that is the main thing
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, December 20, 2006, 23:36:29 »

Quote from: "louavo"
yeah and like I said on thisis, a fans consortium should take the time to publish statements on all outlets where info is gained by fans of STFC, not on the 95% in favour forum and leave it to the rest of us to spread the word.

It's lazy, it's half arsed and it does nothing to boost confidence or support in the cause for a fans takeover of the club. Wtf you going to be like when running the club  Cheesy

I have louavo

Berniman will vouch for that

Even though I got slated to fuck for doing it

http://www.redarmyloudnproud.org.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3881&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

This was the cross posted to thisis and I got slated

:?
louavo

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, December 20, 2006, 23:37:52 »

glosrob, no problem with you, but this stinks quite frankly. I do not agree that i get bombarded with loads of junk email as a result of being subscribed to the official site. (quite the fucking opposite actually!! no surprise there though eh  Soapy Tit Wank )

The communciation on MOS is either a cheap attempt at bolstering already strong support or a half arsed attempt at communicating to the fans, or both.

It does nothing to make me feel any better about the whole thing. There are many outlets for STFC fans, forget the moronic view of few swindonians, and as such, all deserve the same information. At the same time.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, December 20, 2006, 23:39:22 »

That is what I have tried to to Louavo
louavo

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, December 20, 2006, 23:41:00 »

Quote from: "Fred Elliot"

I have louavo

http://www.redarmyloudnproud.org.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3881&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

I fail to see the reference between your post on l&p, and todays posts made about M Wilkes latest statement. I am however, under the influence.  Cool
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, December 20, 2006, 23:42:22 »

shut up Louavo who said you could post on here anyway?

/
W56196272
louavo

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, December 20, 2006, 23:43:59 »

fine. I shall leave now.  :-))(
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, December 20, 2006, 23:44:37 »

Cool

/
W56196272
glos_robin

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, December 20, 2006, 23:45:23 »

The official site apart from Sturrocks updates is a waste of time.

Maybe a distribution network needs to be in place to ensure everyone gets any info and statements, Fred/Mike could be an idea to stop any confusion?

As long as I get to see it then I'm happy really.

I've trawled through so much shit that I wouldn't want to miss anything vital but I think in all honesty my loyalties lie firmly with the consortium, the club frankly have the PR and customer service skills of a school kid on an ASBO
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, December 20, 2006, 23:46:01 »

I have louavo

I fail to see the reference between your post on l&p, and todays posts made about M Wilkes latest statement. I am however, under the influence.  Cool

meh

Information that was issued from the Trust/Consortium was cross posted to L & P AND Thisis.

Any information that I can pass out I do pass out so quite frankly your argument does not stack up.

Mikes statement was only issued earlier tonight mate.

Give us chance

:roll:
glos_robin

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, December 20, 2006, 23:47:36 »

looks like you are the distribution network then Fred in which case keep up the good work
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, December 20, 2006, 23:48:38 »

Quote from: "glos_robin"
The official site apart from Sturrocks updates is a waste of time.

Maybe a distribution network needs to be in place to ensure everyone gets any info and statements, Fred/Mike could be an idea to stop any confusion?

As long as I get to see it then I'm happy really.

I've trawled through so much shit that I wouldn't want to miss anything vital but I think in all honesty my loyalties lie firmly with the consortium, the club frankly have the PR and customer service skills of a school kid on an ASBO

Its fair comment and it is one that has been discussed this evening.

We do need a mechanism to get salient points out to the fans, but we will never please everybody Glos.

At the moment it is down to individuals to cross post and cross cross post if you see what I mean.
louavo

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, December 20, 2006, 23:49:23 »

I have louavo

meh

Information that was issued from the Trust/Consortium was cross posted to L & P AND Thisis.

Any information that I can pass out I do pass out so quite frankly your argument does not stack up.

Mikes statement was only issued earlier tonight mate.

Give us chance

:roll:

meh back at you mr fred. Thats a bit like saying " you only brought your car in earlier today mate, do you seriously expect it back now?"

Are you a proffessional? Scuse me spelling like.  Wink
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: